[TC] Terran Patrol molesting my TM -- Self destruct?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

donzi
x4

Terran Patrol molesting my TM -- Self destruct?

Post by donzi » Thu, 25. Feb 10, 01:31

I completed the patrol mission out to Nyanna's Hideout for the Terran. Now have the mission, of no time limit, to report back after the K'haak encounter.

I figured that I would do other things before reporting back and continuing the plot...

Hung around Heretic orchestrating business..

I noticed 4 Xenon L floating around in Nyanna's Hideout so I jumped my Mamba there and took them out, capping one of them. Repaired the L jumped in a Magnatar to jump me and the L back to Heretic, where I docked myself at the Trade Station.

All this while I had no idea the Terran patrol was apparently following/attached to me.

In a nutshell the 3 Terran have docked in my Magnatar and I can't convince them to come out.

I'm guessing they are just following the trail I took.. I suppose I could try a few other things like jumping the Magnatar way far away and hoping the Terran would pick up my scent again, or something.

I really would like to fix this without loosing time or a magnatar -- at this point my last save before the Terran got fixed onto my Magnatar docking bays is hours old. :(

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 25. Feb 10, 01:49

Try undocking from the Magnetar in your Mamba and fly to the next sector. The Terrans should follow you and leave the Magnetar. On the other hand, they aren't really necessary once you've completed that portion of the plot, and you can just sell the Magnetar with them in it. You should get a lot more for it with fighters included, more than enough to buy a new Magnetar. I'm not guaranteeing this will work, but it's worth a try. :mrgreen:

And as this is a plot question and not really a tech support issue, I'm moving it the the Spoilers Forum.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Thu, 25. Feb 10, 02:19

I'll give the Mamba dock/undock a whirl. I noticed before the the one NPC docked on the TM they had a book icon.

Guess that is just by association then if they're not required.

Appreciate the help. Will maybe begin and end my slave trading by selling off the Magnatar. lol

Thanks for the quick help.

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Thu, 25. Feb 10, 02:39

Oh oh. Seems I was wrong about who I was supposed to talk to..

My mission at present is to talk to Plinter, who is now docked on my Magnatar.

FWIW, they would not come out after getting into the Mamba, docking in the TM and undocking.

Any other suggestions?

Seems this is a plot breaker unless I can com Plinter while he's docked. Nothing major aside from credits earning took place in during my save game gap.

Might just take the time loss and try to get the plot script back on track so I can follow up on it tonight.

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Thu, 25. Feb 10, 02:45

Change to the ship he's on and use that one to dock, if he doesn't leave then eject him from the ship and blow him up :twisted:

This sounds like a case of him being on a ship that is docked on the magnatar, when this is the case you tend to get the result you'r describing. Make sure the passenger is actually on the ship you'r flying and not in a ship docked in its hangar bay.
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Thu, 25. Feb 10, 02:55

Hi Kryten,

Plinter is the npc flying a Terran Scimatar or whatnot. Not a passenger.

I am unable to board their ship and undock them myself.

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Thu, 25. Feb 10, 03:05

Self destructing the magnatar works to get the plot going again, so I can comunicate with Plinter.

Glad that I didn't dock into a M1 or TL that would be an unacceptable loss simply to work around a bug.

donzi
x4

Solution To Bug

Post by donzi » Thu, 25. Feb 10, 03:20

Finally came up with a work-around to this (IMO) bug in the plotline scripting..

Simple, just didn't try until just a minute ago..

- Jumped my ship from Heretic's End to Asteroid Belt
- Flew back to HE

All npc eventually popped out of the TM, starting with Lt. Plinter, the NPC needed to comm to continue the plot.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”