Mobile Drilling System How To

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lepi22
x4

Mobile Drilling System How To

Post by Lepi22 » Thu, 25. Feb 10, 01:33

ok so ive searched and cant find anything on the forums im trying to figure out how to use the Mobile Drilling system. When i order the ship to collect rocks or mine it moves to smaller rocks instead of the target i put it next to. when i get in the ship i try to set the turret to attack my target and then set combat to attack my target set to the astroid im trying to destroy but the ship just flys away from it. And yes i have the MDS installed. So without having to use missiles how do i get a TL to use the MDS properly on one astroid?

RandomBandit
x3tc

Post by RandomBandit » Thu, 25. Feb 10, 02:24

Hop into the turret(F1), point and click.

I am not sure if they use it on their own ever, but you only need to shatter the station'roids with that thing, and other gun will break lesser rocks. As for getting the AI to collect...In-system-screw it, the AI is relentlessly FUBAR. If you have them collect while you are out of the system they will sit in one spot and magically fill their hold, and when you come back in-system none of the rocks are gone.

Basics:
YOU shoot rock
go out of the system
order the ships to mine (by whatever order you choose)

You only really need one MDS, and only then if you plan to break more rocks than an equal value of missiles would be able to. On the other hand, being an ex-RPgeek and a fan of logic & continuity, I have MDSs on all of my mining ships. I even have TBs on my MMBSs, heh.
<X3tc 2.0> patched up to 3.1 (No BonusPack)
<X3ap>
I do not use scripts/mods.

Lepi22
x4

Post by Lepi22 » Thu, 25. Feb 10, 02:33

Thank you for the quick reply its F1 thing i dident know.

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Thu, 25. Feb 10, 13:34

The mobile drilling system is made to destroy the huge asteroids on the map. Standard lasers can break up everything else.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”