Duh Repair Laser!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Deleted User

Duh Repair Laser!

Post by Deleted User » Thu, 25. Feb 10, 08:35

Never pay money for repairs again, with the new improved repair laser. This simple Teladi device slips over the flightstick of any ship interface and allows for uninterrupted use of the basic repair laser, allowing for continuous repairs.

Loop a hair tye in two...
Slip over joystick and position below main trigger so the tye forms two bands...
Exit ship and assume repair position...
Carefully stretch one band over trigger and release...
Bam repair complete...

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Thu, 25. Feb 10, 09:27

Watch for a Forum member with 'A Revolutionary Breakthrough in Ship Repair' in his sig... It's been outselling and outperfoming the 'Teladi' Device for quite some time.... :wink:
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Thu, 25. Feb 10, 09:41

What's a repair laser? ...oh... now i remember!

Havent used it in ages. I dont let my capitals get damaged and freighters never survive once they take hits anyway and my fighters are so dirt cheap to fix. :D
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Thu, 25. Feb 10, 19:38

My "for Dummies" guides: Trade Command Software Mk III | Advanced Satellites | X3: TC (Co-author: K-64) | SETA Repair
Xenon_Slayer wrote:maybe we'll have extreme weather pingpong at some point

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Thu, 25. Feb 10, 21:47

Yay! Here I am!

And it's in my Sig.

Famous again...! :D
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Thu, 25. Feb 10, 22:15

Emporer Jon, complete with regal robes and crown, struts purposefully round the forum gracing the odd forum user with a doff of the head as we all stand in ordered rows and applaud politely...
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Thu, 25. Feb 10, 22:24

:D

'I've never been so honoured in my life... :cry: :o '
:lol:

Have fun repairing!
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Fri, 26. Feb 10, 06:15

running out of oxygen? Whaddya mean run outta air?! Can that happen, or is that part of some mod? Do I really have to worry about an oxygen tank as well as people shooting large ship weapons at me whilst I repair my junker? How do you tell when you run out of air? (you die dummy)

I love my repair laser but I'm always careful where I use it cuz a lil dude in a spacesuit is easy pickins for indescriminate pirates. I feel like such an idiot now realizing how much time I've wasted reloading savegames just because I scratched my hull (Us old folks didn't have repair lasers in the X2 days)....All that time wasted when all I had to do was jump out an weld it myself!

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Fri, 26. Feb 10, 09:50

Yeah, you can run out of oxygen. Was the same in previous games (I think back to X2). But, it is a long time - 2 hours, I think.

Never previously an issue unless you are either using an exploit to repair your ship in X3TC or, just maybe, imposing some ridiculously strict starting restrictions in a DiD game :P

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Reimu Hakurei
x3tc

Post by Reimu Hakurei » Fri, 26. Feb 10, 20:14

perkint wrote:Yeah, you can run out of oxygen. Was the same in previous games (I think back to X2). But, it is a long time - 2 hours, I think.
According to the release notes for X-Tension 2.0, the suit has also had limited oxygen since that time, so provided one is playing each game fully updated it's only BTF that doesn't — and you can't leave your ship in that anyway (ironically, it's the only ship in any of the X games to have a visible eject button).

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”