[TC] Ok, i got my hyperion, now how should i fit it?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ratlaw
x3tc

Ok, i got my hyperion, now how should i fit it?

Post by Ratlaw » Fri, 26. Feb 10, 22:49

I was woundering whats the best way to go about fitting this fine ship? Anyone know? Also, Whats the main funtion of useing this ship? What do I use it on?

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Fri, 26. Feb 10, 22:56

1. Your choice.
2. Depends on the player.
3. Given that the ship has an "M" designation, I wonder.
4. I use my Hyperion to bake chocolate chip cookies.......delicious.

Ratlaw
x3tc

Post by Ratlaw » Fri, 26. Feb 10, 23:00

Deadbeat_Spinn wrote:1. Your choice.
2. Depends on the player.
3. Given that the ship has an "M" designation, I wonder.
4. I use my Hyperion to bake chocolate chip cookies.......delicious.
umm, ok

jimlpearce

Post by jimlpearce » Fri, 26. Feb 10, 23:22

It's your preference on the Main guns but I recommend PBEs for capping, CIGs for capital ships and PSGs for wiping out fighter swarms... For the turrets - PACs or HEPTs... try some combinations... see what suits your play... I think that's what DS was trying to say. :)
"You win again gravity"

kardgar
x3tc

Post by kardgar » Fri, 26. Feb 10, 23:23

If your not using CMOD3 I would fit it with PBG. You'll utterly detroy the universe in a Hyperion with PBG. Otherwise I'd use HEPT's.

It's main function is combat and hauling. It carries XL goods with a 3k cargo bay, 5x200mj shields and 19k of laser energy. It's built to be a player ship and win. Dock fast fighters for exploration or fighters with large cargo to haul extra crap around or jump drives for your quarry you've captured. Fly in this ship to long and it's like building 30 missle factories and selling to the equipment docks or 30 fuel fac. or nvidium mining, it'll suck the life right out of X3TC.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Fri, 26. Feb 10, 23:30

..................The official X Universe motto: "Trade", "Fight", "Build", "THINK", these are meant to be taken literally.

1. There is no one best oufitting of a ship, it all depends what the ship is going to be used for and what situations arise, plain and simple.

2. Though my loadout is subject to change depending on the current situation, I usually mount 4/4 PBG/HEPT for the main and 1/1 HEPT/PAC for the front turrets and 2/1 PAC/IRE for the rear turrets.

3. Killing, trading, boarding, travelling, etc.

4. Anything and everything.
jimlpearce wrote:......try some combinations... see what suits your play... I think that's what DS was trying to say. :)
In a nutshell, yes, that was the point I was trying to make (in my own warped sense of perception).

rmpow
x4

Post by rmpow » Fri, 26. Feb 10, 23:37

..................The official X Universe motto: "Trade", "Fight", "Build", "THINK", these are meant to be taken literally.

1. There is no one best oufitting of a ship, it all depends what the ship is going to be used for and what situations arise, plain and simple.

2. Though my loadout is subject to change depending on the current situation, I usually mount 4/4 PBG/HEPT for the main and 1/1 HEPT/PAC for the front turrets and 2/1 PAC/IRE for the rear turrets.

3. Killing, trading, boarding, travelling, etc.

4. Anything and everything.

jimlpearce wrote:
......try some combinations... see what suits your play... I think that's what DS was trying to say.

In a nutshell, yes, that was the point I was trying to make (in my own warped sense of perception).
Sounds good to me. Fill the ship with every gun it can take, take it out choose your favourites. OOS choose the biggest iit will take on the front, IS if you've got one fly it yourself.
What do you get if you listen to suggestions by players of Rebirth? Walking around stations in a space sim!

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 26. Feb 10, 23:40

For in sector work (i.e. you piloting it) I would pick PAC for the turrets and switch the main guns around as needed...
  • EBC are good to conserve energy for your turrets (and under player control can be quite accurate - in turrets they seem to chew through ammo to little effect unless they are set to "Attack My Target")
    HEPT are fair and reasonable but accuracy can be a problem
    ISR are fair for dealing with bigger targets
    PBG eat through fighters but don't expect any bails (turn off auto-aim though and use boresight)
    IRE/PAC are good for dealing with fighters while still getting bails
    FBL are a waste of money in 2.5 and prior (from my experience)
For out of sector work (i.e. setting it on patrol under AI control)... ISR in main, HEPT in forward turrets, and PAC in the rear turrets.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Ratlaw
x3tc

Post by Ratlaw » Fri, 26. Feb 10, 23:40

What I'm getting at is, its safe to say I dont need to use my Medusa anymore for combat, I can just use the hyperion. Also, I want to do strong arms next, will it be a bad idea useing the hyperion for that mission, SHOULD I USE A DIFFERNT SHIP?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 26. Feb 10, 23:46

Ratlaw wrote:What I'm getting at is, its safe to say I dont need to use my Medusa anymore for combat, I can just use the hyperion. Also, I want to do strong arms next, will it be a bad idea useing the hyperion for that mission, SHOULD I USE A DIFFERNT SHIP?
Ok... for the sake of those not expecting to here about the "Strong Arms Corp" missions I will place the following in spoiler tags ;)
Spoiler
Show
Most of the Strong Arms Corp missions will be assassination type and as such it is stongly recommended to claim the missions in the smallest ship possible (M5 is probably best) and with all bigger ships either OOS or pretty far away from you (say >15km). That way your targets will be more likely to be smaller vessels and thus will hit your split rep less when you kill them.

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 26. Feb 10, 23:51

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:For in sector work (i.e. you piloting it) I would pick PAC for the turrets and switch the main guns around as needed...
  • EBC are good to conserve energy for your turrets (and under player control can be quite accurate - in turrets they seem to chew through ammo to little effect unless they are set to "Attack My Target")
    HEPT are fair and reasonable but accuracy can be a problem
    ISR are fair for dealing with bigger targets
    PBG eat through fighters but don't expect any bails (turn off auto-aim though and use boresight)
    IRE/PAC are good for dealing with fighters while still getting bails
    FBL are a waste of money in 2.5 and prior (from my experience)
For out of sector work (i.e. setting it on patrol under AI control)... ISR in main, HEPT in forward turrets, and PAC in the rear turrets.
Oh... and PBE currently masacre the frame rate (2.5 and prior) so are not good for personal use (from my experience) which is a shame as in X3:R the PBEs were excellent weapons.

Gruber1232002
x3

Post by Gruber1232002 » Fri, 26. Feb 10, 23:59

Ratlaw, you could experiment with different things and find out. That's really what this game is all about. If you treat it like a list of tasks to complete you wont really get what the X series has to offer. It is much more satisfying to figure out a hard problem all by yourself than get the answer. Just trying to offer you a new perspective....
AP 3.1 Vanilla + Bonus Pack. For now....

XENON
Boarding the Xenon TC 2.7

Exotic Boarding Maneuvers TC 2.7
2 TP's
2 M7M's

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Fri, 26. Feb 10, 23:59

I've gotten M3, M4, and M5 pilots to bail when under PBG fire on quite a few occasions.
Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:
Ratlaw wrote:What I'm getting at is, its safe to say I dont need to use my Medusa anymore for combat, I can just use the hyperion. Also, I want to do strong arms next, will it be a bad idea useing the hyperion for that mission, SHOULD I USE A DIFFERNT SHIP?
Ok... for the sake of those not expecting to here about the "Strong Arms Corp" missions I will place the following in spoiler tags ;)
Spoiler
Show
Most of the Strong Arms Corp missions will be assassination type and as such it is stongly recommended to claim the missions in the smallest ship possible (M5 is probably best) and with all bigger ships either OOS or pretty far away from you (say >15km). That way your targets will be more likely to be smaller vessels and thus will hit your split rep less when you kill them.
I used a Hyperion for all combat based mission for the Corps., but I also made sure to keep a low Fight rank (I'm still at Fighter Chief and I'm at top rank , 100%, for all eight Corporations).

jimlpearce

Post by jimlpearce » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 00:04

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:Oh... and PBE currently masacre the frame rate (2.5 and prior) so are not good for personal use (from my experience) which is a shame as in X3:R the PBEs were excellent weapons.
My favorite weapon in TC.. I've had no issues with it in 2.5... perfect for capping fighters... perfect for accurately lowering shields of boarding targets. The only time I remove any of the 8 PBEs from my hyperion main guns is to add some PBG's for large fighter swarms.
"You win again gravity"

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 00:08

Deadbeat_Spinn wrote:I've gotten M3, M4, and M5 pilots to bail when under PBG fire on quite a few occasions.
:o They seem to die in seconds for me (but perhaps I am just unlucky).

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 00:14

jimlpearce wrote:
Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:Oh... and PBE currently masacre the frame rate (2.5 and prior) so are not good for personal use (from my experience) which is a shame as in X3:R the PBEs were excellent weapons.
My favorite weapon in TC.. I've had no issues with it in 2.5... perfect for capping fighters... perfect for accurately lowering shields of boarding targets. The only time I remove any of the 8 PBEs from my hyperion main guns is to add some PBG's for large fighter swarms.
When the opposition is firing PBEs (normally Xenon) I find that mine will either not fire reliably or tend to miss alot due to frame rate issues (Vista 32-bit on an AMD AM2 Athlon X2 6000+ with max DDR2-800 memory and a PCIEx16 nVidia 8800 GTX). Depending on your OS/Hardware you may have better results in similar situations.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 00:15

Deadbeat_Spinn wrote:I've gotten M3, M4, and M5 pilots to bail when under PBG fire on quite a few occasions.
Luck is a factor, in fact the majority of ships bailing for me came from PBG fire.

For M5's it was a single PBG firing, 2 for M4's, and 4 for M3's. Gotten a handful Pirate Mercenary ships as result, IIRC I've gotten Harrier's/Buzzard's/Buster's/Falcon's/Nova's/Disco's (both standard and varients). They were from the Corp missions.
Last edited by Deadbeat_Spinn on Sat, 27. Feb 10, 00:18, edited 1 time in total.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 00:18

Deadbeat_Spinn wrote:
Luck is a factor,

For M5's it was a single PBG firing, 2 for M4's, and 4 for M3's. Gotten a handful Pirate Mercenary ships as result, IIRC I've gotten Harrier's/Buzzard's/Buster's/Falcon's/Nova's/Disco's (both standard and varients). They were from the Corp missions.
Ahhh.. there could be my problem... I was firing all 8 :twisted:

jimlpearce

Post by jimlpearce » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 00:20

Hmmm... I've not fought that many xenon... so that might be why... I've been fighting the main races mostly and they don't pack many PBEs in general (in my game anyways). My system is slightly inferior to yours and the only issues I ever have with accuracy (apart from my own ineptitude) are caused by framerate but it's only when there is a very large number of ships and stations around... and usually at the worst possible time
"You win again gravity"

Ratlaw
x3tc

Post by Ratlaw » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 00:23

I cant find PBC'S (Plasma Beam Cannon's) Is there a differnt name for them. I did a search for them and nothing. but in the faqs look-up it says there laser towers?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”