UFOs !!!!!!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Deleted User

UFOs !!!!!!

Post by Deleted User » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 10:23

I was flying thru Desecrated Skies when suddenly this lil discus thingy zipps past me, I target it and it says unknown object, so I follow it, it goes nowhere seemingly (I didn't follow it for long) so I've put a Fujin on it to see where it goes. Has anyone else encountered these things, if so where were you, maybe we can compile a database of where we see these things and figure out what they are and where they are coming from! I'm really intrigued by this because nothing happens in X without a reason and a reaction. I'll keep my Fujin following this guy and see what happens. In the mean time anyone got any theories or even concrete answers?

The Iron Duke
x3tc

Post by The Iron Duke » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 10:27

You've seen a what???? :P
"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me." (Sir Athur Wellesley, viewng the Connaught Rangers, eve of Waterloo.)

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 11:07

nothing happens in X without a reason and a reaction.
the UFOs just proved you wrong... :wink:
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

angels7707

Post by angels7707 » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 11:19

officially..ehemm... there is not such object as a UFO... you have not seen any such object.. :wink:
Forever Young

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 11:24

You know gyou've been playing X too long when ^^^ :wink:
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Usenko
x3

Post by Usenko » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 11:54

UFO?!

Not likely.

You probably just saw an Arrow or something, but from a funny angle.
Morkonan wrote:What really happened isn't as exciting. Putin flexed his left thigh during his morning ride on a flying bear, right after beating fifty Judo blackbelts, which he does upon rising every morning. (Not that Putin sleeps, it's just that he doesn't want to make others feel inadequate.)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 12:02

EmperorJon wrote:
nothing happens in X without a reason and a reaction.
the UFOs just proved you wrong... :wink:
True. Most of the time there is neither reason nor reaction. If still in doubt, [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/search/index.html?template=default&style=default.css][b]Li[/b]nk[b]Li[/b]st[/url]

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 12:16

You probably just saw an Arrow or something, but from a funny angle.
:rofl:

You never know, he might have even just seen an M0, or the Valhalla, but from a long way away... :D :lol:
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 13:10

Too much X-Files I presume... You should have some sleep. :roll:
"I feel like that's not the way fantasy space travel works in the real fantasy universe."
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Freya Nocturne's Sigantures

Skydrifter
x3tc

Post by Skydrifter » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 13:20

It"s a flying saucer type ship which seems to just fly around the universe all the time- pot luck if you happen to notice it when it happens to be in the same sector as you. It has flashing lights. I"ve taken screenshots of it now and again- don"t ask me to post "em- I wouldn"t know how! Don"t know if there is more than one- guess just the one. Doesn"t seem to land at all as far as I know. But maybe I"ve just been playing too long and it"s just a mirage!

phoenix-it
x3tc

Post by phoenix-it » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 13:51

Old Tom Bombadil is a merry fellow, Bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow. None have ever caught him yet, for Tom, he is the master: His songs are stronger songs, and his feet are faster.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 14:15

What's with the Tom? :lol:
Ho! Tom Bombadil, Tom Bambadillo!
By water, wood and hill, by the reed and willow,
By fire, sun an moon, harken now and hear us!
Come, Tom Bombadil, for our need is near us!

Anyway, :oops: were you suggesting that the UFOs are just a random misfit that runs around an no-one knows where tey're from? :lol:
______
______

T.Thompson
x3tc

Post by T.Thompson » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 16:48

Must be a mass hallucination. I've seen it myself on two seperate occassions. Don't remember which sectors though. I also picked up "unknown object" in first unknown sector west of maelstom. Hit install and is now in a missle bay. Gonna have to launch it and see what it does.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 17:09

If you're playing Reunion that'll be a Hammerhead. :twisted: (most likely)
______
______

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 17:29

I saw one in Profit Center Alpha last night.

Or maybe it was just an escape pod... :?
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 17:33

Probably just a spacefly swarm...
"I feel like that's not the way fantasy space travel works in the real fantasy universe."
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Freya Nocturne's Sigantures

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 17:35

I tried to board one but was told by Betty that they can't be boarded. :S

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 17:39

That? Oh, that was just Slartibartfast looking for his own ship, the Starship Bistromath. He borrowed that one. Don't mind him. And really don't shoot him- he doesn't like that and neither do the Goners.
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 22:52

sounds like a conspiracy to me... all you people call me a crack pot then only two there people admit to seeing them...

I tell you I picked it up on my scanners! Just like a ship... I t was doin 300 and I info'd it and it said Unknown Object, it had a symbol like a drone but it was a little bigger... I know I saw it and I know my Fujin followed it until the fujin Clarity's End and a pirate fragged the fujin.

Nice Tolkien quote by the way! I dare anyone to name the book that's from! hahaha

I saw an Unkown Object and you can't silence me the truth will come out! Any thoughts on how to equip a mass search fleet? I'm thinking discos with explorer software and full engines should do the trick... whats the fastest m5 out there? It's gotta do at least 300k

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”