[TC] Concussion Impulse Generator spin effect?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

FireEverything

Concussion Impulse Generator spin effect?

Post by FireEverything » Sun, 28. Feb 10, 19:44

Well guys, i remember sometime early in the game, where during a battle, i saw a TS spin around and around in circles really fast. I thought this was frikken' hilarious and later discovered that the CIG weapon caused this effect. I loaded 2 onto a H. Nemesis (sexy-looking ship) later into the game and decided to try it. To my dismay, i fired and the ship just 'turned' 180 degrees. What happened to the spinning around and around really fast? Should 4 CIG's have more of an effect then just 2? Maybe i was wrong, and i was just seeing things before. Thanks!

Additional Info: (This might change where i should post this, but ill just let you know that i installed CMOD3 1.0.1 before getting the CIG's)
"Dont blow up! Or else you'll be dead...FOREVER!"
(Shooting across universes in X3:TC)

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Sun, 28. Feb 10, 19:51

I don't know what effect CMOD has on the CIG, but a good long volley of CIGs will keep a ship spinning until you run out of energy afaik. Of course, you've got to keep a steady aim as well.
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

Xander Cade
x3tc

Post by Xander Cade » Sun, 28. Feb 10, 19:52

It may have been hit by a missile and not CIGs. I think it's the Silkworm, or Dragonfly, that causes the spin. I made the mistake of ignoring one once and hilarity ensued.
"What he doesn't understand is that the Welsh are a subject people, put on Earth to do menial tasks for the English." - John Cleese

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Sun, 28. Feb 10, 19:54

The worst ones for that are the Khaak ones. Any of them- they're a real pain since the KM5s spam them like there's no tomorrow, rendering fighters absolutely useless.
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Sun, 28. Feb 10, 20:18

Master of the Blade wrote:The worst ones for that are the Khaak ones. Any of them- they're a real pain since the KM5s spam them like there's no tomorrow, rendering fighters absolutely useless.
Khaak missiles aren't THAT bad.
But you pretty much need a missile defense turret to take care of them.

FireEverything

Post by FireEverything » Sun, 28. Feb 10, 20:22

thanks for the quick reply guys. So the CIG wasnt the cause of that hilarious death spin i saw very early on! haha

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Sun, 28. Feb 10, 20:27

The Banshee does this. (If the ship survives the blast of course.) I was flying a Mistral SF when I got hit by one. Geez, the spinning made me dizzy! :P

So go find your self some banshees and some TSs and let hilarity ensue! :D
My "for Dummies" guides: Trade Command Software Mk III | Advanced Satellites | X3: TC (Co-author: K-64) | SETA Repair
Xenon_Slayer wrote:maybe we'll have extreme weather pingpong at some point

LeSash
x4

Post by LeSash » Sun, 28. Feb 10, 21:09

FireEverything wrote:thanks for the quick reply guys. So the CIG wasnt the cause of that hilarious death spin i saw very early on! haha
In my experience, the CIG can cause the "death spin" you describe.

I haven't done much experimenting with it, but sometimes the CIG causes the target to spin only once, and sometimes a volley can make it spin for (perceived) ages. I think the effect is the same as that of some missiles.
Might have something to do with where the ship is hit?!?

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Sun, 28. Feb 10, 21:18

Yes the CIG does cause this, but only for prolonged periods on fighters and unshielded TSs/TMs. (But if it's unshielded it doesn't last long anyways :P). If you're after the spin, it's just easier to just Banshees.
My "for Dummies" guides: Trade Command Software Mk III | Advanced Satellites | X3: TC (Co-author: K-64) | SETA Repair
Xenon_Slayer wrote:maybe we'll have extreme weather pingpong at some point

FireEverything

Post by FireEverything » Sun, 28. Feb 10, 21:42

Thanks guys. ill experiment on the locations of where i hit to get the effect.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”