[TC] How do you keep your rep up with all races but one (Paranid) in this case?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kreep69
x3tc

How do you keep your rep up with all races but one (Paranid) in this case?

Post by kreep69 » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 07:13

I asked this question at the bottom of another post but it got no answer and its kind of separate anyway ...

If you make enermies and wage war with the Paranid will you have trouble with your rep dropping with other races that do not hate them (like Split, Boron, and Teladi)?

What I mean is, will Paranid ships be attacking you in other race sectors (assuming you only have your ships setup to defend your station(s), and only have 'Missle Defense' and not 'Attack All' set)?

Will this be enough to generally keep your rep from dropping with other races or will the Paranid still attack you (traders and/or patrols) and make your rep drop?

Catra

Post by Catra » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 07:28

in split space rep loss is unavoidable, everywhere else is fine(infact, the teladi encourage non-teladi piracy in their space, and you actually get rep for killing paranid in argon territories)

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 07:50

But as usual when waging war against an alien race, ensure that any purchases are made beofre the war starts - Tractor Beam Stations, weaponry, ships, the things that may be needed later when it is too late.
:)
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

kreep69
x3tc

Post by kreep69 » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 07:58

So if I have this right, basically I can't kill any Paranid (or avoid killing them) in Split space so I will either have to not defend my property there (or assuming they will get attacked) relocate it to Argon, Boron, or Teladi space where I can pirate and kill Paranid as much as I want to?

I think I can manage that although I will be bummed about at least one complex I think.

I'm aware of most of what else is involved (I hope) because I'm about to take the leap. Thanks to some other member help I was able to put together a guide for the rest of this information - [MINI GUIDE] Making war on the Paranid.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”