X2: Gamma PSGs.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Angelo Credo
x3tc

X2: Gamma PSGs.

Post by Angelo Credo » Thu, 4. Mar 10, 21:35

Hey everyone, new here but I was hoping one of you could help me out, at the moment I'm currently outfitting my Odysseus with Gamma and Beta PSGs where applicable, I need about 4 or so more Gamma PSGs and they're proving to be a bitch to find.

In short, is there any relatively easy way to locate Gamma PSGs, or any factories that stock them on a semi-regular basis?

Thanks for your time.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 4. Mar 10, 22:12

X2 Bonuspack does have Manual Trade Commands: Best Buy. Easier than checking the known locations manually.

Argonopedia lists known sources of gPSG. There are not many, and if someone has destroyed them, then even less. Supplying those NPC factories is useful.

Last, there is the exploit that multiplies wares on Equipment Dock. See here for one description.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

fig
x2

Post by fig » Thu, 4. Mar 10, 22:16

Er, it appears there is only one GPSG forge in the entire universe!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 4. Mar 10, 22:22

:) One is not many. But no worries, it seems to make one gPSG in 8 hours and 20 minutes (if it has the resources to start a cycle). :roll:

Angelo Credo
x3tc

Post by Angelo Credo » Thu, 4. Mar 10, 22:55

jlehtone wrote:X2 Bonuspack does have Manual Trade Commands: Best Buy. Easier than checking the known locations manually.

Argonopedia lists known sources of gPSG. There are not many, and if someone has destroyed them, then even less. Supplying those NPC factories is useful.

Last, there is the exploit that multiplies wares on Equipment Dock. See here for one description.
You know, I hate exploits but to be honest, I had to use that one you mentioned, I'll be damned if I'm sitting around for hours waiting just so I can pick up another three or so weapons for my ship.
Thank you, you are a life saver, as well as a sanity saver.

Now I think I'll go blow the living hell out of whatever poor fool gets in my way.

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Thu, 4. Mar 10, 22:55

jlehtone wrote:Last, there is the exploit that multiplies wares on Equipment Dock. See here for one description.
This i would highly recommend! But it is not the cheapest way of getting weapons, it is the rich mans way of avoiding hassle in the game. And if the process of fighting to locate stock in the game is not interesting or challenging too you, then it is definitely not the kind of exploit that will spoil your game!!
What intriguing weapons and shields will you use to protect your trade ships and sectors from the Khaak when your not home? unless you can afford capital ships *and luck* its all for nothing, NOTHING! Mwaahhhhahaha
*(amendment for TC since all the good strategy and planning is no longer enough, you also need luck)*

Angelo Credo
x3tc

Post by Angelo Credo » Thu, 4. Mar 10, 23:25

mystikmind2005 wrote:
jlehtone wrote:Last, there is the exploit that multiplies wares on Equipment Dock. See here for one description.
This i would highly recommend! But it is not the cheapest way of getting weapons, it is the rich mans way of avoiding hassle in the game. And if the process of fighting to locate stock in the game is not interesting or challenging too you, then it is definitely not the kind of exploit that will spoil your game!!
Fortunately I've got quite a lot of cash under my belt, I find every other part of the game an absolutely brilliant amount of fun, but searching around sectors for hours on end for one sodding weapon is not my idea of fun times, I have the patience of a saint but sometimes, things just irritate me.

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Fri, 5. Mar 10, 00:16

Angelo Credo wrote:
mystikmind2005 wrote:
Fortunately I've got quite a lot of cash under my belt, I find every other part of the game an absolutely brilliant amount of fun, but searching around sectors for hours on end for one sodding weapon is not my idea of fun times, I have the patience of a saint but sometimes, things just irritate me.
I guess that's why this particular exploit has never been fixed! So many people would go insane!! :lol:
What intriguing weapons and shields will you use to protect your trade ships and sectors from the Khaak when your not home? unless you can afford capital ships *and luck* its all for nothing, NOTHING! Mwaahhhhahaha
*(amendment for TC since all the good strategy and planning is no longer enough, you also need luck)*

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 5. Mar 10, 00:23

It is also perfectly logical and intuitive feature when you genuinely purchase and equip batches of freighters or fighters. So there is nothing trivial to "fix".

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Fri, 5. Mar 10, 00:46

jlehtone wrote:It is also perfectly logical and intuitive feature when you genuinely purchase and equip batches of freighters or fighters. So there is nothing trivial to "fix".
True, i mean there's not much you can do to change it anyway... It would be more logical if NPC EQ docks had appropriate stock space to accommodate X 10 purchases! whereby you can have a chance to equip everything or not depending on the current status of the EQ dock. This would eliminate the magical 'creation' of stock. But that would mess with the economy and change the quantity of stuff automated traders can sell to NPC EQ docks!

Edit: and probably allot of other problems i cannot imagine!!
Last edited by mystikmind2005 on Fri, 5. Mar 10, 00:48, edited 1 time in total.

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Fri, 5. Mar 10, 00:47

On the other hand, there is the option to produce the needed wares yourself. If you can afford an Oddy you can afford gPSG forges; build four and it will take you only four hours to get the needed weapons. If you really want to go nuts: Try to equip a wing Khaak-fighters with BKEs; now, that's really tough :P
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Fri, 5. Mar 10, 00:53

Cpt.Jericho wrote:On the other hand, there is the option to produce the needed wares yourself. If you can afford an Oddy you can afford gPSG forges; build four and it will take you only four hours to get the needed weapons.
That's one possible strategy, but you don't want to necessarily force everyone to use the same strategy for acquiring weapons.... if they don't want to build forges, then they don't have to!

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Fri, 5. Mar 10, 01:25

If you don't want to use exploits or forges there is always patience. I never said, my way is the best or only valid. It's without cheating or waiting for sheer luck to strike. The fastest way would be a simple add_ware_to script.

P.S.: And it takes a bit more than 8 hours to build your own weapons (not 4 a I said before)

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Fri, 5. Mar 10, 02:25

Cpt.Jericho wrote:If you don't want to use exploits or forges there is always patience. I never said, my way is the best or only valid
Fair enough, but then I'm a bit confused when you continue with this line;
Cpt.Jericho wrote:It's without cheating or waiting for sheer luck to strike.
So the choices are luck, cheating or your way? Hmmm i suppose that is true in a very basic way?? Depends if you believe the EQ dock trick is cheating.... and for that aspect of the game it is, however as i pointed out earlier, searching for equipment is not necessarily a point of interest or challenge for many players, and especially since the EQ dock trick is an expensive way of gaining equipment, you can be sure most players have already done plenty of equipment chasing from the start of the game when every credit counts! When you have already gone through it all and finally have money to spare, it is very nice to be able to escape equipment chasing - therefore it is a bit hard to see it as cheating.
Cpt.Jericho wrote:The fastest way would be a simple add_ware_to script.

P.S.: And it takes a bit more than 8 hours to build your own weapons (not 4 a I said before)
ok

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 5. Mar 10, 07:45

mystikmind2005, you did remind of yet another method: collect equipment all the time, from the start of the game. By the time you have cash for M2, you will certainly have the gear too.

The only problem is that you have to know in advance what you are doing, and for a player who already has bought M2 that method is not "feasible". ;)

I wonder whether the OP asks for Gunnery Crews next, because in my experience the intention to blow everything opposing you translates in gPSG Odysseus to: "everyone; friends and foes :paranid: " Some find that less desirable. :roll:

fig
x2

Post by fig » Fri, 5. Mar 10, 09:39

And thus phase 2 begins. The search for staff!

Dunc83
x3tc

Post by Dunc83 » Fri, 5. Mar 10, 14:03

Regarding the 'exploit,' I haven't used it to equip my sole M2 (A Boron Ray) but I did to get my Teladi Osprey fully shielded. This is mainly cos I am at a stage in my game at the moment where I can take things a bit slower whereas I needed combat readiness quickly when I equipped my Osprey.

To equip my Ray I just send my TL with a docked Dolphin to all sectors with Boron equipment docks to pick up as many GPPC's as I could, which is admittedly easier than finding GPSG's.

I have setup a loop to produce free GPPC's in Getsu Fune for future destroyer equipping, but only cos I wanted to give myself a challenge.
I havent done the sums but I imagine this is much more expensive and slower than using the exploit and to be honest unless you enjoy setting up factory chains is probably not worth it.

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Fri, 5. Mar 10, 15:08

mystikmind2005 wrote:Depends if you believe the EQ dock trick is cheating....
Well, it produces wares that weren't in the game before you inserted them. Though cheating probably is a bit too harsh to say since you pay for the ware. It's an exploit - if you don't care about that fact, fine; if you do, you have to be patient or BYOG.
Anyway, I just wanted to point out the possibilites. If anyone felt offended, I was probably misunderstood. Play your game like you want to play it.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Fri, 5. Mar 10, 15:31

If you don't like the cheating way and you don't mind scripts. Then I find this is the best on offer:

AS.BuyRareGoods v1.02
http://adam00x2.webpark.pl/as.buyraregoods_v102.zip

X2Scripts/Trading

With this script your ship can buy for you any ware you don't want to look for, especially: weapons, shields, drones, satellites. No more endless flying from sector to sector and checking equipment stations and actories.
Just give your ship an order, specify ware and wonted amount, and after a while your humble servant will bring goods to you, well, to be exact, to its homebase, or if it has not any, to one of your factories. After that you will receive message describing finished task and station the ship is docking at. If order can not be finished (no enough ware on market), you will receive proper message (with "docked at" station of course), and ship will wait until ware will be available, and then will continue. For jumpdrive
ship will buy energy by itself.

I've just used the above to buy all the wepons and shields for my newly aquired Titan. If you like what you see and the link does not work. Give me a shout. I have it somewhere ;)

Edit: Forgot to mention, it also works with finding Military Personell ;)
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Angelo Credo
x3tc

Post by Angelo Credo » Fri, 5. Mar 10, 19:07

jlehtone wrote: I wonder whether the OP asks for Gunnery Crews next, because in my experience the intention to blow everything opposing you translates in gPSG Odysseus to: "everyone; friends and foes :paranid: " Some find that less desirable. :roll:
Actually I already have the whole Gunnery Crews thing sorted out, so no need to worry about me asking that question, before I signed up I lurked around those particular topics extensively. :wink:

And again guys, thank you for the responses, this has all been incredibly useful and I appreciate the promptness of your replies.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”