Starting war with paranid. Where shound i invade first?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Captain CAVEMAN!!!
x3tc

Starting war with paranid. Where shound i invade first?

Post by Captain CAVEMAN!!! » Sun, 7. Mar 10, 00:35

After getting the required mods for x3tc i hung up my x3r war with the boron and decided to take on those arrogant paranid in x3tc.

I have spent the last couple of days constructing and assembling my new 6th fleet in farnahms legend i took from pirates a few days back.
Destroyers: 17 frigates: 21 Corvettes: 13 Fighters: TM/M1Carriers: 14

Anyway back onto topic :roll: Here is a map

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/christophe ... CMapV2.jpg

Firstly i need a bridgehead for my invasion. i originally thought that emperor mines due to the assumption that if i could take that quickly i could take paranid prime by suprise however initial attempts to pass through the asteroid fields were unsuccessful with ships crashing or getting confused and stopping moving alltogether to either dodge a ship or asteroid. so anyway you get the picture.

I was thinking priests pity but in its proximity to paranid prime the RRF capital ships are there in the dozens within minutes. meaning initial invasion attempts ended in stalemate (quite an amusing one nonetheless)

I also toyed with the idea of just jumping the entire fleet into emporors wisdom(a quite lowly defended sector ) using jump beacons however the ai has better reaction times and when i was in shambles i was facing a well organised squadren of oddys soy... yeah..

preachers refuge may be a border sector but is protectod by a military outpost and a good few capital ships and thats before the RRF arrives so the battle seemed too risky and i pulled the fleet out since i was only exploring options.

so your thoughts advice and stratergy is appreciated[/list][/spoiler]

{moved from X-Universe - Carlo}
Last edited by Captain CAVEMAN!!! on Sun, 7. Mar 10, 01:19, edited 1 time in total.

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Sun, 7. Mar 10, 00:44

Why not try Heavens Assertion? It looks best and is pretty near to a JD selling station.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Captain CAVEMAN!!!
x3tc

Post by Captain CAVEMAN!!! » Sun, 7. Mar 10, 00:51

Very good point however my primary objective is paranid prime (witch i failed to mention :oops: )

but i will keep that in mind when i move to attack the lower sectors(assuming i make it that far :roll: )

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sun, 7. Mar 10, 00:52

I agree with Cpt.Jericho, Heaven's Assertion would be a good invasion point. Third Redemption could also prove fruitful.

Since you're after Paranid Prime, perhaps Preacher's Refuge.

Captain CAVEMAN!!!
x3tc

Post by Captain CAVEMAN!!! » Sun, 7. Mar 10, 00:54

true, however With third redemption it is between two sectors meaning twice as vulnerable but also twice as much work.

still looking into preachers refuge
Last edited by Captain CAVEMAN!!! on Sun, 7. Mar 10, 01:16, edited 2 times in total.

Catra

Post by Catra » Sun, 7. Mar 10, 01:05

that map, god i how want that as my ingame map for every space game >_< so tight looking :O

*glomp*

id hit duke's domain, it is a -very- open sector and quite big, perfect for maneuvering.
true, however With third redemption it is between two sectors meaning twice as vulnerable but also twice as much work
clarity's end doesnt link to a paranid sector :P, youll hardly see any paranid from that gate once you sack 3rd redemption, and perdition's end is very lightly guarded with hardly anyone ever passing through and has a pirate zone buffer.

Captain CAVEMAN!!!
x3tc

Post by Captain CAVEMAN!!! » Sun, 7. Mar 10, 01:17

Never looked at it that way :oops:

i'l divert elements from the fith fleet to sack third redemption

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Sun, 7. Mar 10, 04:02

Before taking out the Paranid, you should remove the Yaki from the equation.
Take their sectors then you have the east side to invade from.

Show those Yaki what a real organization looks like. Then the Paranid will fear you as you open up on them from the lower east and west.
Added that the old Yaki sectors will be your base sectors you can strike into the Paranid heartland with sector destruction fleets and retreat back to your safe havens.

Happy munching.

The-Last-Communist

Post by The-Last-Communist » Sun, 7. Mar 10, 10:11

good look , im to at war with the teladi and paranid... its real fun

but i to faild at empires mines kos of rrf...
Splits , for the better things in life...

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 7. Mar 10, 10:46

You need to think more to get around RRF, jump to a sector away from your target and lure them there first, then jump a small fleet into the target sector and take out the trade dock quickly, keep rrf targeting other sectors away from your goal. Jump fast m6's/7's into non targeted sectors to get the rrf ships jumping there.

Never show them the real target until it's too late ;)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Captain CAVEMAN!!!
x3tc

Post by Captain CAVEMAN!!! » Sun, 7. Mar 10, 12:45

@ Retired man that was once a plan but there is no practical way of getting a fleet the size of mine through paranid space and into yaki controlled areas

@ LV thanks never looked at it that way, i think i have a plan now however i think i need to build my fleet more first

Also just a p.s the 3rd fleet took third redemption, claritys end and parditions end yesterday with minimal losses

Spender

Post by Spender » Sun, 7. Mar 10, 13:01

That's a really cool map. I've been looking for some new maps but can't seem to find any. Any chance you could make your map available for download? I'm sure loads of people would appreciate it.
I've started to try and make my own but finding it tough going and very time consuming.
Cheers.

Edit:
Just realised! Is that the actual original game map? Never mind. Anyone know where I can download some new maps?

Captain CAVEMAN!!!
x3tc

Post by Captain CAVEMAN!!! » Sun, 7. Mar 10, 13:20

can we stay on topic :rant:

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sun, 7. Mar 10, 13:38

Spender wrote:That's a really cool map. I've been looking for some new maps but can't seem to find any. Any chance you could make your map available for download? I'm sure loads of people would appreciate it.
I've started to try and make my own but finding it tough going and very time consuming.
Cheers.

Edit:
Just realised! Is that the actual original game map? Never mind. Anyone know where I can download some new maps?
That map was created by Nyax, which is currently incomplete, can be found over in the Creative Universe forum and it's not an ingame map. There are others that are but aren't detailed like that.
Captain CAVEMAN!!! wrote:can we stay on topic :rant:
No? :D

Good to know taking Third Redemption and it's adjoining sectors turned out well. Pretty sure the Paranid are going to seek revenge on the "Unholy Being" who is desecrating their sectors.

Captain CAVEMAN!!!
x3tc

Post by Captain CAVEMAN!!! » Sun, 7. Mar 10, 17:48

Thanks

i think youre right i have lost contact with a few satelite however that is likely pirates.

Captain CAVEMAN!!!
x3tc

Post by Captain CAVEMAN!!! » Sun, 7. Mar 10, 23:52

Sorry for double post.

damn khaak invaded brennans triumph while i wasent there and by the time i arrived the sector and about three quaters of my fleet was gone :evil:

i'l start a new post when i recover :rant:

Catra

Post by Catra » Sun, 7. Mar 10, 23:54

:rant:

also, what mods are you using?

Captain CAVEMAN!!!
x3tc

Post by Captain CAVEMAN!!! » Mon, 8. Mar 10, 00:11

RRF by LV

CMOD by

x2 ship callback

imperial super star destroyer (only on non serious profiles :D)

and other assorted AL plugins

and khaak invasions witch i am going to romove :evil:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”