Improved Races V.S. Race Invasions

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

lordofpie7000
x4

Improved Races V.S. Race Invasions

Post by lordofpie7000 » Fri, 12. Mar 10, 01:38

I want to know which script works better.

What i mean by better is which one causes the races to become more "active"?

Which one Has the A.I. races producing more ships?

Which script is more efficient?

And one other thing i would like to know is if they would work well together running at the same time?

Rather than spend a couple hours to find out i would appreciate input from people. I want the X-Universe to be as alive and active as it can be combat wise.

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 12. Mar 10, 04:11

the only thing race invasions does is spawn a(yes, just ONE) little fleet every other hour or so(RE:quite a long time inbetween invasions).

IR ramps up the production of xenon / kha'ak ships(depending on difficulty, but the following still holds true) to huge levels to the point where theyre throwing 100+ capital ships(and in the case of the kha'ak 100+ cap ships that break into 1000+ fighters, along with their normal compliment) at you every other sector(assuming you can get to the other sector :) ). dont expect to do plots / business tycooning (or surviving for long, for that matter) :)

if you want a sorta ok realism sorta thing, id recommend race patrols by tatakau and military base revamp by thisisharsh over both of these.

lordofpie7000
x4

Post by lordofpie7000 » Fri, 12. Mar 10, 04:56

I looked at what you suggested and it looks pretty good, i was also curious about how well Race response fleets works because this mod seems quite interesteing as well. Was also wondering if its possible to run all the mods/scripts at once. Also curious where to find a script that lets races took over sectors, with me being able to do sector takeovers to

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 12. Mar 10, 05:52

RRF is pretty cool, sends in reasonable sized fleets and capital ships have survival coding so they jump out when in danger of dying(almost no other script does this). can be a resource hog at times.

(should check with the library and the individual mod / script threads, they usually list incompatabiliies)generally speaking, you can run alot of stuff at once. IR was partially designed / balanced around having RRF help you out. race patrols / MBR also can be put in for extra madness / substitutes for RRF.

RRF and IR both have sector takeovers built in for both you and the AI(atleast, i think RRF has a sector takeover option :P). theres also a standalone sector takeover script if you dont want to use either of those (overtake sector is the name).

(feel like im missing a takeover script, gonna look into it later)

lordofpie7000
x4

Post by lordofpie7000 » Fri, 12. Mar 10, 06:15

Awesome thanks for all the help, i have RRF and IR installed and i think ive come close to how i want it to be. Its pretty awesome seeing huge cap ships everywhere. I dont have to worry bout memory cuz this is the only game i have installed, im just wondering if you could atchually bog down 2-3 gigs of xtra Ram with this game

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 12. Mar 10, 07:15

As I understand it, most of these scripts now have problems because of the 2gb limit to memory in the recent patch. Basically, they spawn so much the program runs out of memory.

There also doesnt appear to be any fix on the horizon either.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 13. Mar 10, 17:42

IR works fine for me with no RAM problems...
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Sun, 14. Mar 10, 00:33

apricotslice wrote:As I understand it, most of these scripts now have problems because of the 2gb limit to memory in the recent patch. Basically, they spawn so much the program runs out of memory.

There also doesnt appear to be any fix on the horizon either.
Memory fix will do the trick there.... use it myself, as I want my 4GB to be fully utilized. Also be aware that using it when having a 32 bit OS is kinda pointless, given that because of it's nature the 32 bit OS can only address 2.something GB, so no point to using it unless you have a 64bit OS.
[ external image ]
***modified***
"You can get more of what you want with kind words and a gun, than you can with just kind words" - Al Capone

Gemini24
x3tc

Post by Gemini24 » Sun, 14. Mar 10, 18:37

Catra wrote:RRF is pretty cool, sends in reasonable sized fleets and capital ships have survival coding so they jump out when in danger of dying(almost no other script does this). can be a resource hog at times.

(should check with the library and the individual mod / script threads, they usually list incompatabiliies)generally speaking, you can run alot of stuff at once. IR was partially designed / balanced around having RRF help you out. race patrols / MBR also can be put in for extra madness / substitutes for RRF.

RRF and IR both have sector takeovers built in for both you and the AI(atleast, i think RRF has a sector takeover option :P). theres also a standalone sector takeover script if you dont want to use either of those (overtake sector is the name).

(feel like im missing a takeover script, gonna look into it later)
Yup i use RRF(Latest version has a sector takeover :) ) with IR, work well together....just be careful when using the IR Kha'ak on the harder difficulties..in otherwords..avoid sectors where u once had a satelite, and now there is nothing, as it redefines Kha'ak Swarms, as stated above lol

CreepyD
x4

Post by CreepyD » Sun, 14. Mar 10, 21:13

I've used IR for aaages now, it's excellent.
I havn't used the latest beta where they start splitting into smaller components when you kill them though.

It's all configurable anyways.
I play with only cap ships doing the invading (they still have their own fighters) otherwise I found it gets a bit insane.
On Normal khaak / xenon difficulties, the xenon are getting wiped out.
However the khaak are taking over gradually.
The south west corner of the galaxy is now getting on for 100% khaak controlled.

Gladly I do now own my own Titan and a Thresher, but these will still get wiped out easily by a full khaak invasion.

I find the game is now what it was meant to be, a dangerous and ever changing galaxy, it's much more fun for it!

Added:
I don't use Race Response Fleets, do you think I should? I was worried I'd get double defenses as the IR script fields it's own defense too..

lordofpie7000
x4

Post by lordofpie7000 » Mon, 15. Mar 10, 05:53

RRF works fine with IR, from what i can tell i do not believe you get double patrols(they might be there and i havent noticed idk :P ) although with the Kha 'ak and Xenon the commonwealth might need a little more protection. I haventreally encountered to much war but thats probably cuz i mostly stick to argon core sectors (guess i need to leave the little safety bubble) but im also thinking of upping the Xenon and Kha 'ak difficulties.

CreepyD
x4

Post by CreepyD » Mon, 15. Mar 10, 14:37

I wouldn't do that until you have a fair sized fleet.
As I say I've been playing on normal for khaak and xenon, and the khaak have taken over 25 sectors, with the xenon taking just 1.

I have now updated my IR to version 14 RC2, which seems to make the khaak even tougher and cleverer, while the xenon are made more aggressive.

I'll see how it goes for a bit without adding RRF :)

added:
I think it also goes on your fight rank by the way. Mine is [23] (cant remember the name).

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”