Engine glow and effects (Porting)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BSG fan

Engine glow and effects (Porting)

Post by BSG fan » Mon, 15. Mar 10, 14:13

I'm looking for some advice or knowledge on engine effects on ported ships. I ported a ship from X3:R to TC by extracting with Cycrow's ship extractor. I used the extractor version from the Reunion version of PM, on a reunion install. Then installed into TC using PM lite.

I adjusted ship configuration with X3 editor 2, for lasers and missiles, and used engine glow and effect ID's from similar ships in TC. All works great except the engines only light up on the surface and no trails. I wanted glow effect 2 (paranid), colour 2 (paranid) and particle emitter 41 (argon Buster). These numbers are current for TC but no change after reload ???

One thing I did notice is that the old x3:R effect numbers are now used in TC for Terran ships and that is what it looks like, however I did reinstall the ship and confirmed the changes in the tships file in types in the TC folder.

am I missing something? anyone with similar errors with porting ships from older mods or Reunion?

Aragon Speed
x4

Post by Aragon Speed » Mon, 15. Mar 10, 14:21

The missing effects are because the modeller didn't add an engine emitter to the ships model file.

BSG fan

Post by BSG fan » Mon, 15. Mar 10, 18:32

I thought that at first but in the X3:R install I do see engine trails but no particle emitter so I guess there is no particle effects but there should be trails right?

also just noticed that the rear turret does not fire but I think I can just add guns and compatible lasers to the turret with x3 editor 2.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”