[ALP] Jumpgate Construction Technology 1.4 TC/AP 17/7/12

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

qwerty22222

Post by qwerty22222 » Tue, 17. Jul 12, 00:21

bull

It doesnt work atal. Why waste everybodies time & post somthing you cant actually finish. Nobber

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 17. Jul 12, 00:39

Thraxwhirl wrote:Quick Question... and forgive me if someone has already asked this, but...

...does it matter that Jumpgate Construction Software doesn't exist after installing this scriptset?

The Construction stations have spawned, and the hotkey works fine, bringing up the menu, but JCS doesn't exist in the game, nor does the "Gate Construction Interface" mention it as a required Ware.

It DOES however reckon that SIX(not two) units of JumpDRIVE Components are required.

Will it still work if I use those instead?
I'll take a look at the script (must re-install it first) if no update in a week poke me with something
qwerty22222 wrote:bull

It doesnt work atal. Why waste everybodies time & post somthing you cant actually finish. Nobber
My current records for kicking forum members into space are 5,675 km and 4.5 s to reach lower orbit, where they either find their ability to breathe challenged or burn up on re-entry. I'm always happy to try and break the record though ;)

zip it!
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 17. Jul 12, 19:15

Ok updated to 1.4

no change bar one text fix after checking the script it's working fine (as long as you read the OP)

make sure your in an M1 or TL

fly to nearest JGCT Factory, start the command and choose collect materials
turn that off once you have enough stocked via the drones that get sent to stock your ship

build your gate

ALSO UPDATE YOUR IMPERIAL LIBRARY SCRIPTS

download link in sig or OP

:)
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

Thraxwhirl
x3ap

Post by Thraxwhirl » Tue, 17. Jul 12, 20:22

I gave it a tryout, LV, and the script ran fine.

Despite the confusion over wares - it seems to be only the NAME which is incorrectly labelled. The gate construction stations manufacture JDCs and these match up fine with what the deployment script says it requires.

And when I activate the process, it deploys the gate just fine.

Leads me to ask, is it both necessary and safe to update to the new version, since I'm already running a game in which I've been using this script? It won't cause the current save game to fubar or anything will it?

As for positive feedback, if you want it, you sure as hell got it.

It's amazing! I had simply expected a gate to blink into existence or something equally pedestrian, but those little freight drones whizzing about and building it...

...I take my hat off to you sir.

Really impressive.

Don't suppose you fancy using those drones to build player-owned OWPs the NEXT time you're "bored" do you? ;)

Or has someone else already made an OWP-deployment script I've not noticed?

In any case, I really do like this one a great deal. Just wish that Buy Ware for Best Price could handle custom wares. That way I could stockpile the resources at a station where me TL can dock... like an HQ or Military Outpost.

Hey ho. Can't have everything.

Anyhow. Great scriptset. Lovely touch with the visual deployment. Really impressive...

...but just a tad reluctant to replace the scripts in a game that's already running.

Is it safe?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 18. Jul 12, 18:25

can't say 100% it's safe but i don't recall changing the critical element of the script which is the global variable array that holds the gate network JCT creates.

I can only say try it

as far as OWP's i actually have 90 of a script but boarding training 95% and something for the new start wars ships are my priorities once i can get away from fixing the vanilla rrf
LV's TC Scripts

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 08:00

Hello..

i admit it... im too lazy to read the post from page 2 so im sorry if these are already reported

I'm here to report a bug in your mod.. the every race environmentalist TS ships are indestructible, even cycrow's cheat cannot remove them from the galaxy. Its a annoying especially in OOS combats where your at war with other races and your little ships will keep attacking that TS while a single enemy M5 dismembers your 20 fully equip Novas.. so far the only remedy i could do for this ships is to warp them to Khaak sectors (poor khhak, swarming over a single TS but cannot destroy it)

and also can you please make that radioactive waste disposal an optional feature?? its more troublesome than GOD when it comes to removing factories is the universe.. my UT's keep dying just by passing through sectors with radioactive wastes.. hopefully those AI wont be dumping their waste in front of my 200-factory complex....

good day sir... i hope you are still around until X100 - LV's Revenge -->(lame made up game tittle for a great person such as LV)

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 16:58

not sure indestructable race ts ships are linked to this?

more info please
LV's TC Scripts

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 20:52

Thanks for the fast reply...

here goes..
Whenever i get the audio massage saying "Radioactive waste ejected...Family Njy" or whatever sector it is ejected everything in that sector got wiped out and the only thing left is a single TS named Environmental Conservation or something like that (cant really remember the name sorry).. The thing about this particular TS is that it doesnt move, it carries waste and radioactive waste on its cargobay, its hull value is 0, it cannot be destroyed even with cycrow's destroy target cheat. it just sits there as target practice for pirates, xenon or the enemies of the race owns it...

I forgot to mention this on my earlier post. i tried disabling your mod in the Al menu to help myself in my waste problems but i keep on getting "null" message in my logbook. Nothing is written, just "null". i get it every 5-15 mins. It got me annoyed so i uninstalled your mod (sorry)... everything works fine afterwards but those problem TS as i have mentioned above remained in the game....

maybe im conflicting with other mods??? i use:
X-Unleashed
Marine Repairs
Pirate Guild 3
Yaki armada 2
Anarkis Defense System
NPC Bailing Addon
Turret Fix
Engine Colours + particle trails
Bounce
Tubeless complex mod (is the name correct?)
Cycrow Cheat pack
Bonus Pack
2 other mods whose names are forgotten (sorry)
i also have the latest version of the Plugin managet

-->side note--> for the fun of it, i captured several problem TS (using cheats) and use it as an indestructible/barely mobile alternative for advanced satellites to spy on pirate, terrans and split... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

edit: the problem TS are named as "[owner race] Environment Technician" and they carry Hazardous Waste and Radioactive waste in their cargobay......

Schabernack

Post by Schabernack » Thu, 16. Aug 12, 23:17

hi LV, perhaps you can point me into correct direction of an existing script or perhaps :oops: enhance your script with orders to
a) destroy a jumpgate
b) remove its current link to another jumpgate or relink to another one

i would think that cost for these to be sth. like for case
a) - points for the race it belongs to (owner of that gates territory)
b) tremendous amounts of energy cells

EDIT:
ok, after some research i came back to the initial page of your script and read it again and noticed that what i asked was already answered there. sry for bothering you.

a) destroying gate by same command to create one
b) not needed as you can just destroy existing gates and make new once.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future
tc-ap minimax

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 17. Aug 12, 18:17

not at the moment matey but try me again in a few weeks (like 4-5 of them)

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 9. Sep 12, 18:33

your links to the menu pics seem broken.

I am trying to get this new version to work in Dilpickles TC to AP Mod.

Trying to link his ANH sector to Akeela's Beacon.

Having much the same problem as a previous post about Aldrin.

Not tried other sectors yet.

Have updated to your latest script collections.

edit....I think I solved the problem...Any sector to be connected this way must first already be connected to the universe gate system.

===============================
I have just reinstalled Dilpickle's Mod,and then reinstalled this.
Only other additives is Cycrow's Cheat Package via Mod Manager Lite

It says vs 1.2 (in game) even though I installed vs 1.4 rar :?
Still same problems. :(
Last edited by TTD on Sat, 22. Sep 12, 09:13, edited 4 times in total.

Calgor Grim
x4

Post by Calgor Grim » Sun, 9. Sep 12, 18:36

Schabernack wrote:hi LV, perhaps you can point me into correct direction of an existing script or perhaps :oops: enhance your script with orders to
a) destroy a jumpgate
I havent tested this but can you do this with the cheat package and the destroy object stuff? Would have thought removing the gate kills the link?

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Sat, 22. Sep 12, 06:06

LV,

When you get back to this thread can you answer a few more questions?

I have built 4 gates so far and all was normal until the second set.

All the gates are Terran space, just trying to set up jumping for ESTs out there. 1st set was N from Asteroid Belt to Jupiter S, second set was Jupiter N to Saturn S.

After first set no issues, but still not allowing jumps between gates for some reason, either ship just stays idle or starts to fly instead. After the second set, the game just started chunking and WIN7 process tab showing it's using over a Gb of memory all by itself.

1)Do the Terran sectors still negate jumps within Terran space even with gates? I've checked loadouts and everything is there, no joy with standard jump or adv jumpdrive or even adv nav jump. Can't even jump the Mammoth that is doing the builds after the first gate was built. Does it only work if at least one endpoint is outside of Terran space?

2)Can you double the gates like I did so far or do I have to pick the available IDs for that sector. Right now I have two N and two S in both those sectors.

3)Do the gates add a load to the game above normal ops? I've got enough CPU and GFX for the game (I7-860, 6970) prior to the drops so I'm guessing there's either a new GFX load or a script running rampant on the memory.

4)And one last that I'm not sure I read right. Under collect materials, how much materials does one freight drone equal? I was letting the Mammoth collect and was up to 16 drones but there was no other listing of indiv materials in the bay. I then just had a smaller ship dock and buy direct and XFR'd to the Mammoth and dropped the first set.

Thanks for all your work

MaxSterling
x3

Post by MaxSterling » Sun, 3. Feb 13, 07:06

Hi there...not sure if anyone is checking this topic anymore. I have everything installed, but i cant seem to get the actual construction components in my cargo...the freight drones are there, but not the jdc, plutonium, etc. obviously this results in me being told that i lack the required components to construct a jump gate. if anyone has any ideas, it would be a big help. thanks

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Sun, 3. Feb 13, 07:16

Max,

See my last entry above, number 4).

Sounds like the same issue I had and manually buy and XFR seemed to work.

And for what it's worth, I never got it to work for myself, the way I wanted to use them but instead used

Accelerator to Gate Conversion by Graxster

If all you want is Terran access it works great.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 3. Feb 13, 10:46

Been a while since I used it.

If there are already accelerator gates there, remove them before putting inthese new gates.

In order to get the materials you have to be within 6 units of distance to the station that supplies them.
When there,if your ship is angled right,then it should receive the required goods ,delivered by freight drones.
There is a menu that lets you see how much you need and how much you have.
You do have to use a specific type of ship to do this.

Lord Kellmar
x3tc

Post by Lord Kellmar » Fri, 5. Apr 13, 16:33

Just a little bump on the road...

I've installed this script along with the random sector gerenator (RSM) to tweak and correct the sector connections... And I too have the problem of the indestructible "[race] Environment Technician" (for me they are terrans in demeters getting attacked in Paranid sectors) that are clogging the military.

I have (fake patches, TC) :
14 : Tubeless complexes
15 : No Civ + Reunion style ship naming
16 : Immersives env. (+loadscreens)
17 : 500kms comm range
18 : Main Menu Scene
19 : Better blending and visual range for Imm. Env.
20 : Hubble images Backgrounds
21 : Bounce
22 : Complex Cleaner

Along within the plug-in manager :
Cheat Package
Imperials Librarys
JSON Parser Lib.
Jumpgate Construct. Tech (ofc)
LazyCorp Claim Unknown sector
Memia Autoscan sector

And finally copied manually in the scripts folders :
RSM
Marking unknwon sector

I managed to "remove" the ships by changing their ownership or warping them to another places (acquire them then "forget" them in Unfocused sectors should be fun too)
Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature
[ external image ]

Mannschaft
x3ap

Post by Mannschaft » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 19:20

This isn't working. I get close to the station, start the transfer and wait. I can see the little fellas moving to my ship. Then it says funds transfered, jumpdrive components transfered etc. But there is nothing in my cargo and the menu still says I have 0 of every resource. So either it is not giving me the resources at all or it is and it's just not showing up on the menu.

*edit* I cheated and gave myself the wares I needed so at least I got to build one. One other thing I see wrong with this mod is holy cow I've seen no less than 20 sectors warn me about radioactive waste dumping in the last half hour. How do I safely remove this mod from my game without breaking my save? It is ruining everything :(
DOWN WITH THE ALBINO SKUNK!!!!

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 02:00

Well, i have put this mod on and build one jump gate, a only one to link the sector earned in 3.0 to the old sector i was using with my HQ (lazy to change verything i built so far, so building a gate was nice) and i haven't removed the mod after, what i should have done.

I've been playing the plots a bit and wasn't monitoring what is happening in my well defended sectors (both PHQ en Xenon Hub) anyway when a ship is attacked you have an alert.

But this mod just seem to have ruined my whole game. I had a few hasardous alert in xenon sectors and one in "unknown sector" i was busy i didn't check and anyway that tell you ships will be dammaged, so i guess you would be warned when on go through. But no.

At some point i had a Cag that send me a message saying "I have no wares to trade, list is empty" so i checked what was wrond and it take some time to figure it hasn't any base anymore cause his base was gone. No alert, nothing. I checked a little more in the log and saw "Your Thresher has been destroyed" "Your Megalodon has been destroyed" and a few other ships who were actually parked in my Xenon Hub, un a equipment dock and waiting to be stuffed.
The i saw that the building allowing to align gate was gone too.

I reloaded a quite old save to see what happened and when i go in the xenon hub there is absolutly nothing but my stations loose life continuously. I tryed putting a few repair ships on it but it loose 1% every 2 seconds so nothing you can do to prevent it from blowing up. I tryed cheat but that don't work either, you have to stay around and constantly reload hull again and agian.

I know it looks fun, putting wastes like this but it was a terrible bad idea. I mean, we are in space, there are no chance at all something like this could happen. Think 3 secondes. Every ship in AP spam nuclear missiles in every sectors and you don't take damages simply flying where on blew up a few seconds ago. No oxygen in space, nuclear weapons can't just do this :/

Now i have actually 3 days of game ruined and i can't do anything against that, no way to prevent it or remove it, i disabled all mods and my stations keep diying and that even more ridiculous cause i have lots of MK3 and cargo going around and not a single took the wastes and took care of them, so basically this mod will simply nuke all sectors one after the other removing all what's inside and make an empty wolrd.

I don't think that's what people want donwloading a construction jumpgate mod :/
Anyway hope someone have a fix or something and i really wish this kind of "surprise" could be warned at least in the log when it happen. Cause it's REALLY easy to miss a message and getting all your game screwed cause of an event far more important and dangerous than the whole terran war (Yeah even with 2 vallahlas in a sector theyr don't blew up stations like this) and it's almost like it's of no interest for the whole universe. I had expected at least a real warning and a way to counter that, not simply learn "Hey guy now your screwed, reload", well at least it would be an alert to not continue and override saves.

Edit: After spending quite a long time repairing again and again the stations, the loose of life finally stop. But still i think it's way to powerfull, it shouldn't blow stations in one row like this, i can't imagine what happened in xenon sectors cause of this, maybe they are fully empty. And it's a pain cause if ships respawn it's not the case for the reste and in Tc i ended screwed cause factory was missing to the game and you can't find a weapon anywhere, this kind of things can happen even more with this.

But after this i find that all paranids where hostiles to me and my fleet leader a hardly boarded I has been destroyed by terran evironnement technician. OMG what's all this?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 21:28

it's been a while but there may be a simply solution

find the script plugin.lv.build.gate.cloud.xml and go right to the bottom where it says return null , press c to copy, go back to top of script and press v to paste that as the first line

the moment the script is called it then terminates again

also do the same with plugin.lv.build.gate.drain and you short no longer have this issue (hopefully) although running ones may have to complete before it's fully purged

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”