[TC] Upgrades of M2 Boreas

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

VanKlant

Upgrades of M2 Boreas

Post by VanKlant » Tue, 16. Mar 10, 20:56

Please help, purchased my first M2 (Boreas) and cannot figure out how to upgrade the engine and rudder, since the ship cannot land at stations where the upgrades are possible. :(

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 16. Mar 10, 21:00

you gotta fly to an equipment dock to get the tunings.

VanKlant

Post by VanKlant » Tue, 16. Mar 10, 21:19

Thanks Catra, only tried trading docks upto now.

Advisers
x3tc

Post by Advisers » Tue, 16. Mar 10, 22:04

VanKlant wrote:Thanks Catra, only tried trading docks upto now.
any thing a larger like M1, M2, TL can't dock trading Dock, but a equipment dock. I'm not sure about M7, I do not buy those before, but I can be sure you can dock M6 to trading Station.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Tue, 16. Mar 10, 23:28

If you have not yet chosen weapons, I find that Ion Cannon and PPC work nicely, with FLAK and EBC.
:)
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

VanKlant

Post by VanKlant » Wed, 17. Mar 10, 19:22

AgamemnonArgon wrote:If you have not yet chosen weapons, I find that Ion Cannon and PPC work nicely, with FLAK and EBC.
:)
So far

Front 4x PPC
Left and Right 5x HEPT
Back 2x CIG
Top and Bottom 2x FAA

flying around to get all positions full :)

whats your experience with mixing weapons on a turret - found good and bad in various discussions ...

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Wed, 17. Mar 10, 19:32

Don't mix weapons at this stage, unless a far more expenience forum person can give a good technical reason why ! I don't mix weapons.
I use 32 PPC with FLAK and EBC on my two of my Boreas. Or replace the front firing PPC with Ion Cannon for equally good effect.
:D
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

t4ct1c47
x3tc

Post by t4ct1c47 » Wed, 31. Mar 10, 10:21

Just traded in my Argon Titan for a Boreas as the Boreaes is superior in nearly every way, apart from less cargo space and a little less hull. The boreas even allows for decent weapon mountings on the rear guns too.

My load-out for the Boreas is as follows;

Front: 4x Photon Pulse Cannon, 4x Ion Cannon
Left: 4x Photon Pulse Cannon, 4x Ion Cannon
Right: 4x Photon Pulse Cannon, 4x Ion Cannon
Back: 8x Flak Artillery Array
Up: 4x Flak Artillery Array
Down: 4x Flak Artillery Array

I know that might seem a little over-kill, but I can never justify leaving weapon slots empty on larger ships. :)

gelo4ever

Post by gelo4ever » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 14:48

iv got 8xICs in front and 8xCCP in left/right

4xflak artillery top/bottom

but no idea what to put in aft turret...

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 15:04

Generally, if you ever do mix weapons in turrets, keep them the same class. I.E. Roughly the same range/turning rate or they will mess each other up.
If you are going to have banks of ICs and banks of PPCs, it makes more sense to have the PPCs up front where their increased range will actually do some good.
Full FAA will do fine for back/top/bottom, although some people prefer PPCs in the back in case of rear ambushes, I personally find it leaves you a bit weak on fighter defense. Front and sides should be more than enough anti-capitol imo.
Try not to use any "frigate" class weapons. CIGs etc, have horrendous energy efficiency to damage ratio when compared to "destroyer" class weapons.
And dont use "fighter" class weaponry without a damn good reason. About the only weapon of that class I would use is one IonD per flak bank. EBCs are pointless on a Boreas.. If you ever get into energy issues then mount some GCs in the sides.
Although something is better than nothing.. M2s should have no empty slots ever.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 17:55

Technically, the only "Frigate" weapon is the IBL, since the PPC is superior to it in every way, while the CIG is very much a corvette weapon, both in terms of the ships that can fire it as well as the ships it's good at hitting.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 18:06

Sovereign01 wrote:Technically, the only "Frigate" weapon is the IBL, since the PPC is superior to it in every way, while the CIG is very much a corvette weapon, both in terms of the ships that can fire it as well as the ships it's good at hitting.
The weapon descriptions of CIGs, ISRs etc. They will begin with something like "A weapon found on Corvette and Frigate class vessels".
Every destroyer class (as I call them), including IBL says "A weapon mostly found on frigates, destroyers and carriers".
The IBL may not be as good as PPC, but it still has a range of roughly 5km+, does proper cap ship damage and turns like all the other destroyer class weapons. Its the same class, and will work ok mixed into a bank of other weapons of the same class (PPC, IC, GC).
Really its just different names we each have for various things.

Regardless.. CIGs etc, suck for M2s. Really really hard.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 18:19

Certainly CIGs are only good in the main battery of M6s, since most M7s can mount bigger guns up front, same for M2s. Of course, for a given turret with the choice of mounting the IBL or PPC, PPC takes it every time, you'd only use the IBL if it's the only gun you can put there.

I agree they suck on M2s against most things except M6s, I've often seen MARS switch to CIGs when fighting M6s in my Boreas, then using CFAs/FAAs for anything smaller, PPCs/IBLs for anything bigger (since it can mount only IBLs in the up and down turrets).

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 18:45

Shame on you two...

Shame on you... :roll:

*hammers in the 'Old Thread' sign*
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 18:46

It was the guy before us who dug it up :D

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 19:36

Woah... 6 months? My bad :oops: I blame absolutely everyone that isn't me :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”