Alpha PPC V.S. Beta HEPT

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

NicoPalazzari
x3tc

Alpha PPC V.S. Beta HEPT

Post by NicoPalazzari » Thu, 18. Mar 10, 00:41

I have decided to buy a split drag and have decided to arm it either with Beta HEPTs or Alpha PPCs, which should I choose?

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Thu, 18. Mar 10, 02:25

I would use BHEPT's since their cheaper and take up less cargo space. I don't think i would miss not having longer range, since most of my combat is at close range, but if a situation came along where i did want longer range, i could swap them over easily enough and or i would pick up the occasional APPC dropped around the place along the way.
What intriguing weapons and shields will you use to protect your trade ships and sectors from the Khaak when your not home? unless you can afford capital ships *and luck* its all for nothing, NOTHING! Mwaahhhhahaha
*(amendment for TC since all the good strategy and planning is no longer enough, you also need luck)*

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 18. Mar 10, 07:26

As you are talking B-HEPT or A-PPC for the Dragon, I presume that you are playing X3:Reunion?
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Rive
x3tc

Post by Rive » Thu, 18. Mar 10, 09:44

HEPT against fighters: APAC against capital class. Higher range and higher /second damage - it's a hit and run game with the dragon, so the faster you can empty your energy bank the better.

berth
x4

Post by berth » Thu, 18. Mar 10, 10:41

If it's for OOS patrols, go for APPCs.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”