adding new sectors to existing x universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

gbLRO001
x3

adding new sectors to existing x universe

Post by gbLRO001 » Sat, 20. Mar 10, 00:02

when ever i add a new sector and get everything working right i go to play it and there is no other ships flying around like there would be in the normal game and missions so how do i add a sector to the original x universe that doesnt affect the AI?

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 24. Mar 10, 17:20

Which race did you assign to the new sector?

Note that Jobs (the thing that controls the spawning of NPC ships), will put litle to no ships in unknown sectors. Note that any map changes require a new start.

Should you have renamed your map other than x3universe and loaded it custom start you will have to set up Jobs for it too.

MFG

Ketraar

gbLRO001
x3

Post by gbLRO001 » Thu, 25. Mar 10, 21:35

Thanks for the reply, ive set the sector to unknown, probably best really cuz i didnt want any other races there, as for the jobs, i dont really know what that is, ive seen them in the cat. files but my knowledge to them stops at that. as I said before the whole universe is the same as the original game just with one added sector, so would it just be a case of copy and paste or is there some rewriting involved

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 12:03

If race is set unknown, there wont be much traffic until you give the NPCs a reason to fly there.
Build station and they will come and buy stuff should the price be right.
It usually just takes a while.

MFG

Ketraar

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”