problem in X3TC, aldrin missions : can't tow the mobile miner through the gate

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

site4gnome
x3

problem in X3TC, aldrin missions : can't tow the mobile miner through the gate

Post by site4gnome » Mon, 22. Mar 10, 21:21

I've tried a couple of times now to get the disabled mobile mining ship through the terran unknown sector 3 west gate by towing it with my vidar. When I fly the vidar through the mobile miner doesn't follow, and when I go back to unknown sector 3 the mobile miner is now 5 klicks off to one side of the gate. I tried lining up the miner on the gate, flying to the other side of the gate and towing it through from the opposite side of the gate - no dice. It just slides through without making the jump.

What am I missing here?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 22. Mar 10, 21:40

vradchuk
x2

Post by vradchuk » Mon, 22. Mar 10, 21:41

Board it and command it fly there by itself - when it arrives locals will give it to you anyway.

site4gnome
x3

Post by site4gnome » Tue, 23. Mar 10, 03:25

running through on autopilot did the trick (I haven't taken the time to train 5 star marines so boarding didn't seem a good option). It seems silly that you can't tow the damn thing through manually.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Tue, 23. Mar 10, 16:25

You can (supposedly) do it without autopilot, it's just very easy to interrupt the process, you autopilot is the easier option.

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

capirex
x3tc

Post by capirex » Mon, 31. May 10, 11:11

Cant seem to get my autopilot to do anything normal on this mission..?

Towing towards the gate i select 'fly through' - then for some bizarre reason my ship decides to then fly on a 45 degree angle up and away from the gate - and keeps going??? (100 km away)

Tried a few times and the autopilot just doesn't want to do what its told..

Does the capping work as an option?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”