[TC] Version 2.5 Changes Springblossum and Tractor Beam

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

wenge
x3tc

Version 2.5 Changes Springblossum and Tractor Beam

Post by wenge » Wed, 24. Mar 10, 03:05

When I installed version 2.5, I was pleased with the improvements. However, tonight I was surprised. I am now faced with a choice, go back in time for an hour and a half of game play or loose the ability to mount tractor beams in the Springblossum.

I don't normally remove the tractor beams and have been using version 2.5 for some time now. I decided to install starburst cannons in the rear turrent just for effect as I took out some xenon patrols. I killed a Q patrol, completed 12 station missions, dropped off 7000 crystals to the hub, took on a nice pirate mission, killed another xenon patrol, and started building a new complex in Savage Spur. Lots of work!

After dropping off all six of my mines in Savage Spur, I attempted to reinstall my tractor beams only to discover that someone, in their infinite wisdom and to my horror, had decided tractor beams no longer fit in a Springblossum. That is just not right.

They have fit ever since I purchased my first Springblossum and their is no logical reason why they shouldn't still fit. To succeed in X3, you have to spend time playing the game learning the capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses of each ship. When the program is upgraded, the basic physical capabilities of the ships should not change.

This was an unexpected change and a little warning would have been nice. Tractor beams did not fit my Hyperion in Reunion but that was ok since they never fit it. I used a M6 for towing. It was time consuming to have to bring in the towing ship and get it in position but that was part of the game.

In X3TC, being able to mount the tractor beams in my personal ship was very convenient and time saving. I am not pleased with this development but obviously will have to live with it.

What other changes have been made to ship capabilities in X3TC 2.5?

Are there any other surprises waiting to catch me?

Thanks.
:evil:

RainerPrem
x4

Re: Version 2.5 Changes Springblossum and Tractor Beam

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 24. Mar 10, 06:11

wenge wrote:tractor beams no longer fit in a Springblossum.
Hi,

use your Vidar or a Hyperion, they both can mount the tractor beam as main weapon, so you don't need to go into a tower to use it. And anyway you can only fly 80m/s when towing...

cu
Rainer

Flozem
x3tc

Re: Version 2.5 Changes Springblossum and Tractor Beam

Post by Flozem » Wed, 24. Mar 10, 06:57

RainerPrem wrote:And anyway you can only fly 80m/s when towing...
You actually can fly faster while towing. Though on longer tracks you may loose the TB connection since you will gradually run farther away from it. But in the end I have towed fabs a bit faster that way.

Catra

Post by Catra » Wed, 24. Mar 10, 07:00

And anyway you can only fly 80m/s when towing
in some circumstances, thats blazingly fast. :)

wenge
x3tc

Post by wenge » Wed, 24. Mar 10, 07:06

Thanks, but I will stick with the Springblossum as it is fast and can take on anything. I have already gone back to the save I started with today with the tractor beams installed. I will not remove them again.

The purpose of this post is to see if any other ship changes are known to players. I wasted an hour and a half of game play because I was not aware my ship no longer worked as it has since I installed the game. Fortunately, I found the problem before it was too late. It is only because I needed to move the new mines that I found I had a problem. Otherwise, I would surely have overwritten the save and not been able to reload the save with the tractor beams still installed in my ship.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”