laser towers TC

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mwecom

laser towers TC

Post by mwecom » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 02:43

If one was to fly into a xenon sector and eject 50 lasertowers at once, will the work properly? Or will they be to close to each other to function right?

Thanks!!

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 02:46

collision avoidance kicks in and disperse them far enough apart to work fine.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 02:49

If you were to drop that many lasertowers yes it would work but I'd hate to be the one cleaning them up :P

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Lasertowers

Post by Bill Huntington » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 07:03

I have dropped off 300 at one time, and they spread out just fine. My standard now is 80. If you have more, make another group. I like to drop a factory and the LTs next to it. The nearby factory lets you use the Defend Station command with supporting M2s, and the Xenon might attack the station, letting the LTs eat it. Then the stations shields come back and are ready for the next. A group of LTs will take down anything, but a Xenon K or Q usually gets a few LTs. After a good while, you need to drop another group of LTs next to what is left of that first group if you want to keep it going.

It's still amazing to me to watch a K, J, or Q come in blazing away, then just ... disappear.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Lasertowers

Post by Nanook » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 21:04

Bill Huntington wrote:...
It's still amazing to me to watch a K, J, or Q come in blazing away, then just ... disappear.
A Gatling Death Ray. :fg: :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

p00fer
x4

Post by p00fer » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 22:05

sry to necro this thread but i just don't feel the need to remake the thread again. so, i set up 1 LTF and got up to ~30 right now, i got tired of waiting and setup a mini loop of 5 (it still hasnt kicked in since the CAGs are still filling in the required jumpstart)

my question is, if i drop those ready 30 LTs in a Xenon GATE, would it work to hold off X migrations? (the ocassional J but mostly P's and Q's with their 100 children behind)

p00fer
x4

Post by p00fer » Sun, 18. Mar 12, 21:34

well i dropped ~70 towers in front of xenon gate in BHS, their migrations are more often now...good thing im starting the HUB and the chip megaplex is well above 60% completed

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 18. Mar 12, 22:43

In TC and OOS, LT have a tiny engagement range. Something like 1800m instead of the 6km they should have.
Considering that ships fly in "hops" when OOS, you need an incredibly large and dense LT field to be sure enough of them are within hitting range while the ship passes through.

This is one of the many little things that were fixed in AP.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

p00fer
x4

Post by p00fer » Mon, 19. Mar 12, 03:25

So, i'm IS while resseting firend foe of the Lt's (there really shld be an easier way to do this) when a J and his family jumped in...not 40 secs later a huge explosion...the Lt's ripped that convoy to shreds....do Lt losses show on message board? if so, no losses...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”