[TC] Recon Drone & Eq. cloning?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

David Howland
x3tc

Recon Drone & Eq. cloning?

Post by David Howland » Sun, 28. Mar 10, 14:58

1. I have only just become lazy enough to turn my attention to using recon drones but I cannot work out how to deploy them, can anyone help or are they just objects to sell?
2. Having noticed on the site references to equipment cloning can anyone explain what is involved in this proceedure?
The BANISHED RETURNS.
HEALTH WARNING! Steam Damages Freedom Of Speech!
Congratulations Egosoft on increasing memory usage from 2 to 3 Gb.
Bin playing X too long when Egosoft refuses to sell you their latest game?
The only steam I want is in my kettle! STEAM=GAME OVER.

Laden Swallow
x3tc

Post by Laden Swallow » Sun, 28. Mar 10, 15:15

As I understand it:

Recon drones were to be a cheaper than M5 disposable scout object that didn't achieve full implementation before the game was released. As such they are, as things stand, just a trade object.

Equipment dock/Military Base cloning revolves around buying multiple ships at a shipyard 'attached' to said dock/base. The attachment is basically the equip ships screen when you purchase ships, and this cannot be changed.

To clone equipment you would need to find an equipment dock attached to a shipyard that stocks the desired item to clone. You then need to obtain at least 1 of the item to be cloned and sell this item to the dock/base (which is why the dock/base needs to stock the item, otherwise the item will disappear on sale), or have it already in stock at the dock/base. Then buy multiple ships simultaneously at the shipyard (TSs work well due to being able to buy all types of ware with their XL cargo class) and buy the item from the equip ships screen that appears. Since you are equipping multiple ships, buying 1 unit of the ware will put this 1 unit of the ware on all ships that you were buying. If you were to then proceed to sell 1 unit of the ware from all ships, it would sell 1 unit from all ships and so the dock would end up with multiple units in stock, which you could then rebuy and resell until you have the desired amount of equipment.

Doing this causes you to pay average cost for all the wares you buy, plus the costs of the ships. TSs are further useful as you could then use them as factory transports or convert them to sector/universe traders. If you plan to just clone the equipment for fighters, it may be worthwhile cloning directly onto the fighters if the option exists.

David Howland
x3tc

Thanks!

Post by David Howland » Sun, 28. Mar 10, 16:31

Thank you Laden, that was a prompt and succinct outline of the situation! May Egosoft go with you!
The BANISHED RETURNS.
HEALTH WARNING! Steam Damages Freedom Of Speech!
Congratulations Egosoft on increasing memory usage from 2 to 3 Gb.
Bin playing X too long when Egosoft refuses to sell you their latest game?
The only steam I want is in my kettle! STEAM=GAME OVER.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Sun, 28. Mar 10, 16:33

Recon Drones would be fine, but one can use a rather fast, suitably equipped M5 for Recon only, no waepons.
Limit the equipment on board though, as it can be an expensive loss, as per the Xenon bouncing my Kestrel yesterday....
I'm thinking more than one type of Recon bird is needed:
M5 Type one - Equipped with Mineral Scanner
M5 Type two - Larger Cargo bay as Satellite Deployer
M5 Type three - Rapid Scout
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”