[TC] Avarice

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

IceFire909
x4

Avarice

Post by IceFire909 » Mon, 29. Mar 10, 13:49

It's begun to bug me. why is it Unknown Sector (Averice) as opposed to just Averice.

why is THIS sector different to the other unknown ones?
Incoming Message (4 New Messages)
Your Xenon K has Blue Screen of Death'd.
Your #deca CPU ship has 404'd.
Your Xenon P was docking and has stopped responding.
Your #deca.cefa has limited or no network connectivity.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Mon, 29. Mar 10, 13:56

In X3:R, you could buy that sector in an auction and it went from Unknown Sector > Averice. It's still an Unknown Sector in X3TC right? Where do you see 'Averice'?
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Mon, 29. Mar 10, 14:01

I thought it was Avarice ?

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Mon, 29. Mar 10, 14:30

Something to do with rice. I never bought it so it was always US to me. All my spelling mistakes, I can blame on other people in the forum. :roll:

But yes, the correct spelling is Avarice.

dtrowle
xr

Post by dtrowle » Mon, 29. Mar 10, 15:23

I think the question is: Why is it still Unknown Sector in X3:TC since it was either supposed to be bought by the player or the Teladi and changed to Avarice in X3:R?

El Squid
x3tc

Post by El Squid » Mon, 29. Mar 10, 15:34

I always wondered what the point was in buying Avarice......to me that was just plain greedy :roll:
You Have a choice.......Live free or buy into a repressive government. Pay your tax...then more tax....and still more...Baaaa, Baaaaaaaa, Baaaaaaaaa, Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Mon, 29. Mar 10, 16:13

dtrowle wrote:I think the question is: Why is it still Unknown Sector in X3:TC since it was either supposed to be bought by the player or the Teladi and changed to Avarice in X3:R?
They saw the recession coming and abandoned it.

dtrowle
xr

Post by dtrowle » Mon, 29. Mar 10, 16:17

They saw the recession coming and abandoned it.
Damned recession is getting everyone :P , even my favorite computer game.

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Mon, 29. Mar 10, 16:47

dtrowle wrote:I think the question is: Why is it still Unknown Sector in X3:TC since it was either supposed to be bought by the player or the Teladi and changed to Avarice in X3:R?
I think X3:R could end up with 5 (?) different names for the sector, either Avarice, or one from a list that the player could choose from if he won the sector. As there isn't a way of telling what the player chose, the developers probably thought it's best to go without a name.

By the way, most of the names the player could choose were re-used for new X3:TC sectors.

dtrowle
xr

Post by dtrowle » Mon, 29. Mar 10, 16:55

I think X3:R could end up with 5 (?) different names for the sector, either Avarice, or one from a list that the player could choose from if he won the sector. As there isn't a way of telling what the player chose, the developers probably thought it's best to go without a name.
Yeah, I remember, I think Perdition's End was one of the names I've heard you could pick from - I never actually bought it so I don't know. I just figured that they would have called Avarice in X3:TC since it was "discovered" in X3:R and is no longer "unknown" - but that's just me being difficult though. I also don't understand why thosee 4 terran sectors are US too. It seems they are well known enough for the terrans to populate them and put a military base in one. They could have called them "Out System 1,2,3,4" or something original like that :P .

IceFire909
x4

Post by IceFire909 » Mon, 29. Mar 10, 17:32

or Terran Sector Mxxx

I refer to it as Avarice because a TC sector map I've downloaded that I use for finding my way or who owns which sector easier refers to it as:
Unknown Sector
(Avarice)
Incoming Message (4 New Messages)
Your Xenon K has Blue Screen of Death'd.
Your #deca CPU ship has 404'd.
Your Xenon P was docking and has stopped responding.
Your #deca.cefa has limited or no network connectivity.

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Mon, 29. Mar 10, 17:37

dtrowle wrote:I also don't understand why thosee 4 terran sectors are US too. It seems they are well known enough for the terrans to populate them and put a military base in one. They could have called them "Out System 1,2,3,4" or something original like that :P .
Oort Cloud 2-5 would have worked, as the Oort Cloud is huge.

But the game isn't a good space simulation, anyway, just a good game, so I'm not too concerned with inconsistencies like that. That's the reason why I gave a game-related reason for the unnamed Avarice.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Mon, 29. Mar 10, 19:16

Naming it Avarice would have been better (IMO) since everyone calls it that, anyway :)

Plus, giving all the unknown sectors some identifiable name would have been better. You're telling me that there would be no way in the universe to know whether the US being referred to is the one only 1 or 2 gates from three different race core sectors or the dead end on the other side of a Xenon sector? I wish they tagged the sector co-ords on the end eg US [8,8] or US [17,0].

But, there are things I care about more :P

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 30. Mar 10, 02:04

Maybe they were thinking of bringing the auction back in X3TC, so starting with Unknown Sector would've been reasonable. Perhaps in some future patch, Bonus Pack, add-on, we'll yet see a new auction. :gruebel:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Tue, 30. Mar 10, 02:14

Nanook wrote:Maybe they were thinking of bringing the auction back in X3TC, so starting with Unknown Sector would've been reasonable. Perhaps in some future patch, Bonus Pack, add-on, we'll yet see a new auction. :gruebel:
Something like that I guess. I remember seeing something in the L3 about a new home, wonder if its related... but I won't bother to discuss that here.

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Tue, 30. Mar 10, 02:25

Nanook wrote:Maybe they were thinking of bringing the auction back in X3TC, so starting with Unknown Sector would've been reasonable. Perhaps in some future patch, Bonus Pack, add-on, we'll yet see a new auction. :gruebel:
Heh. At least those easter egg names for "A New Home" looked very similar to the old X3:R Avarice ones, just changed a bit. What was the replacement for "Gaian Star" again?

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Sat, 3. Apr 10, 05:19

If you scouted around that sector, you will notice alot of debris stations.
Maybe it's become abandoned by the time of TC.
But a odd appearance about it. It look like the gates have disassociated with the debris field. The axis of the the old stations don't line up with how the gates are now. Or like other sectors, the stations have some type of alignment with the gates. Avarice debris stations don't have that alignment. It looks like something came along and changed the gate positions.

and that may be a new story.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”