M0 mod beta version

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

M0 mod beta version

Post by Guest » Tue, 30. Mar 10, 14:16

ok version 1 is complete

now i am releasing this so people can try out the ships and give me feedback but a word of warning. the only way to put the ships into the game are to script them in, i havent made a map for them yet.

current error list:

some odd animation twitching (i can fix this later its just gmax messing up keyframes here

currently nothing can dock with the M0s and thats probably me not knowing how to program my ships properly

M0 ships seem unable to dock with stations, which is a tad annoying since it means that there will be trouble outfitting them and you cant buy them at a station. i think i know how to fix this.

so far thats all i can find but a word of warning. the xenon mo is huge and may cause old computers to really freeze up so be careful.

i give you the M0 mod V1.0 http://www.filedropper.com/m0modv10

i take no responsibility if your computer or X files or game saves crash and burn so dont blame me if this happens ( i see no reason why it would though).

Slavo
x3tc

Post by Slavo » Wed, 31. Mar 10, 07:06

It is a very good mod

but I have got some questions.

Were is the split M0?

can the M0 carry stations?

Why are the Xenon invsable?

I have tested it and the Khaak M0 is my favorite and it has the BEST fire power ever nothing can stand ageist it.

Post by Guest » Wed, 31. Mar 10, 09:38

uh well im not sure whats happened to the xenon one, and the reason that the split one isnt there is tardiness on my part. i forgot to mention that its not done yet. thankyou and i agree, the khaak one is best, its just a shame because originally the guns were all going to be in the main gun but the game seems to only be able to cope with 4 main guns so i put them in the turret. i guess the only way to kill it is to approach from behind ( with a decoy in front) :twisted:

Shadow dream
x3tc

Post by Shadow dream » Wed, 31. Mar 10, 11:34

there is a little "glitch"
the last turret in the tships can hold infinite weapons. so if you'd place the front turret at last in the file you could add more lasers.
for instance the T-M0 I've made for Pandora holds 16 gunns on its base-turret :roll: (I just love that ship)

Shadow
Wahre Gentlemen behalten sogar umzingelt von Löwen ihren Leitsatz: Ladies first.
Wann lernt die Gesellschaft endlich, dass Geld erst die Probleme macht, die wir haben?
[ external image ]
Topic - Gallery - Forum - Freiheit

Post by Guest » Wed, 31. Mar 10, 16:48

that is soooooooooooooooo useful. thanks ill fix that for the real version :)

Post by Guest » Wed, 31. Mar 10, 16:51

thanks thats sooooo useful. also i was wondering if you know how to create a working docking space, because ive added bod 353 or a docking port and then how many ships can dock, writing it in as -3 if there are 3 bod 535s or any number if there is a docking port but it just sais that docking is not allowed when i try to dock with them in the game. is this fixeable?

Shadow dream
x3tc

Post by Shadow dream » Wed, 31. Mar 10, 16:56

353? hm duno if this is one, would have to look it up :P
I use 77 (or was it 78?) - it's the standard argon one.

docking is defined in the TShips. positive numbers define extern docking (ah yeah, could it be that you are using those external ports?) and negative numbers set the intern docking. an m0 should have intern docking, this is unlimited - extern has a max of 5 (probably because of FPS)

Shadow
Wahre Gentlemen behalten sogar umzingelt von Löwen ihren Leitsatz: Ladies first.
Wann lernt die Gesellschaft endlich, dass Geld erst die Probleme macht, die wir haben?
[ external image ]

Post by Guest » Wed, 31. Mar 10, 17:57

353 is the external dock thingy. ok ill just have to redesighn all of the ships with bod 77/78 and have internal docking then. if say hypothetically it still didnt work, would there be anything else that could still be going wrong?

Shadow dream
x3tc

Post by Shadow dream » Wed, 31. Mar 10, 18:03

I'm pretty sure it's 77

if you have a body 77 in the scene AND set a internal dockingnumber in the TShips it should work. the game detects the dockingbay itself and as long as there is space ship can dock.
the only thing that could make problems is the POSITION of the docking bay :P you need some space in front of it because ships not always fly strraight into is (something like a max of 45°).
nothing should go wrong then :)

Shadow
[ external image ]

Post by Guest » Wed, 31. Mar 10, 18:13

wel ill try it. i hope your right since i have a bad feeling that they just never full programmed mo ships to be docked with. on that note i suppose that there is no way to enable an mo to dock with a shipyard?

Shadow dream
x3tc

Post by Shadow dream » Wed, 31. Mar 10, 18:32

the small ships will dock then.
an M0 docking at a shipyard ... hm... the game handles M0's as M1, so there should be no problem with it. maybe they are just so large, that nearby stations disable a docking (collision detection)?

Shadow
[ external image ]

Chris Gi
x3tc

Post by Chris Gi » Wed, 31. Mar 10, 18:37

i have a bad feeling that they just never full programmed mo ships to be docked with.
Right. There is no real M0 class in X2. Docking is more or less similar to M2, but AFAIR a M0 ship is not capable to dock to any station.
You should try to use http://narod.yandex.ru/100.xhtml?checke ... atch15.zip. Change the ship slots of your M0 ships to either M1 or M2 or TL, whatever you like more. But be warned: scripts will recognize your M0 class ships as M1 (or whatever). But your M0 ships will behave accordingly: as M1 or TL you have internal docking, as M2 external docking, and they are able to dock at Shipyards.
Shadow Dream wrote:positive numbers define extern docking (ah yeah, could it be that you are using those external ports?) and negative numbers set the intern docking.
It's the other way round: Positive numbers are for internal docking (max. 1.000.000, I think), negative are for external docking.
--------------------------------

[ external image ]

Post by Guest » Thu, 1. Apr 10, 12:30

i suppose that there is no way to redifine the actual class of M0 because i have found the problem. in Tships, on the map and in the class label an M0 shows up as its own class. but after making a script to find the class of any object i ran it on i found that any M0 class ship returned as class: M5 little fighter. so they just connected M0 to that class. is there any way to redifine this so that they are connected to class M1, therefore solving all scripting, docking and buying problems? ( then i can just adjust shipyards to make them a little bigger to allow M0 docking)

this may be harder bbut it would preserve all the easthetics of having an M0 class ship.

Chris Gi
x3tc

Post by Chris Gi » Thu, 1. Apr 10, 12:50

sergoba wrote: is there any way to redifine this so that they are connected to class M1
Yes:
Chris Gi wrote:You should try to use http://narod.yandex.ru/100.xhtml?checke ... atch15.zip. Change the ship slots of your M0 ships to either M1 or M2 or TL, whatever you like more.
sergoba wrote:then i can just adjust shipyards to make them a little bigger to allow M0 docking
Adjusting shipyards is at least difficult if not impossible. You cannot change the docking point - if you're ships are too big, they simply will not dock IS.
--------------------------------

[ external image ]

Vortexz
x4

Post by Vortexz » Wed, 28. Jul 10, 10:29

Where can i download this? it sounds AWSOME
There's coffee in that nebula! - Kathryn Janeway

- How about a russian roulette booth? And here's the kicker, we put bullets in all the chambers, that way *everybody* wins! -

vulcanrvn

Post by vulcanrvn » Fri, 21. Jan 11, 11:33

Does anyone have this and want to upload it please? These look awsome

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”