[TC] How do I dupe an E-EMPC?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sleepy_head
x3tc

How do I dupe an E-EMPC?

Post by sleepy_head » Thu, 1. Apr 10, 05:41

There are no factories that will sell any more Experimental EMPC in Aldrin, nor are there any more Prototype M/AML and Prototype SSC. However, I DO have a pair of E-EMPC and P M/AML sitting around. But the usual duping method of selling it to the Equipment Dock doesn't seem to work. Selling them to the Unknown Aldrin Base doesn't cause new ships that I buy from the 2 Aldrin Ship Production Base to have access to those two guns. Thats one problem. The other is that I don't have access to, not even one, Prototype Starburst Shockwave Cannon.

How can I outfit my Springblossom?

Thanks.

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Thu, 1. Apr 10, 05:51

Are you sure you were at the dock attached to the shipyard?

There are a couple of stations in that sector.
[ external image ]
The end of a trilogy does not mean an end to a series.
| Vanilla with strawberries? [List of Vanilla safe mods.] | Tired of the plots? [Plot Skipper Tool v0.5] |
| X3: R & TC Minimaps |

fairywhipper

Post by fairywhipper » Thu, 1. Apr 10, 05:51

if there are no longer any factories making these things you coild be in trouble. you might have to stimalate the economy into making new ones. are you sure these factories are gone as its a big place....

sleepy_head
x3tc

Post by sleepy_head » Thu, 1. Apr 10, 05:57

Is the Equipment Dock not called Unknown Aldrin Base in the Aldrin sector? If there is another then could you please post the coordinates? It is indeed a huge sector, my game turns into a slide show there so I try not to go there manually.

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Thu, 1. Apr 10, 06:45

Try this list:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=221924

you just haven't found the right stations yet.

sleepy_head
x3tc

Post by sleepy_head » Thu, 1. Apr 10, 06:54

WOW I missed about half the stations. Thanks!

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Aldrin

Post by Bill Huntington » Thu, 1. Apr 10, 08:47

It is actually the Aldrin Weapon Production Base that make the SB weapons. There are usually 3 of them, and you can do cloning with them if you figure out which one is associated with the shipyard.

You can also try cloning with the Spitfires, and selecting all the weapons that show. Just do it with 2 of them, and sell back 1 weapon, and buy 2, until the ships are full. Don't buy them all, and you can do it with another two Spitfyres, until you have all that you need. You might want to keep the Spitfyres. They would make a great wing if you could get enough weapons.

In my present game, my only Aldrin shipyard is in the NW, and I have to ferry weapons from the SE to the base. I outfitted a Chokaro, put a few fighters aboard, put Trade 3 and Jump Drive on all of them, and sent them to the shipyard. When an SB gets to Level 10, I jump it to Neptune and start him as a UT.

The locations of many of the Aldrin stations changes with the beginning of the second Aldrin plot. If you have a ship in the stations you want to keep track of, you might be able to find it again.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Re: Aldrin

Post by Ulan Dhor » Fri, 2. Apr 10, 17:16

Bill Huntington wrote:It is actually the Aldrin Weapon Production Base that make the SB weapons. There are usually 3 of them, and you can do cloning with them if you figure out which one is associated with the shipyard.
While the Aldrin Weapon Production Bases make most of the SB weapons, I have yet to see one that makes EEMPCs. In my game, they don't.

The connected station for weapons cloning is not one of these bases, but, as has been said above, one of the Unknown Aldrin Bases. You just have to find the right shipyard (one is bugged) and the right Unknown Aldrin Base.

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Fri, 2. Apr 10, 17:42

my factories in Aldrin are full of weapons and stuff. My Aldrin economy is doing really well

fullmetal66
x3tc

Post by fullmetal66 » Fri, 2. Apr 10, 19:17

When I completed the Aldrin missions and got the Terran shipyard, GOD also placed an EEMPC Forge in Aldrin. :)

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Fri, 2. Apr 10, 19:20

Remember even if there are not weapons, if you possess one, sell it, then clone it. Cloning is not really a cheat or exploit, as one is paying over the odds on the product, by selling th ship for a loss, that it was purchased for.
I just cloned 48 EMPC (for a half dozen warships that needed them). I lost a lot of credits selling the ships so I consider it a commission fee, for having the cloning service. :lol:
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”