[TC] How do you tow stuff?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sleepy_head
x3tc

How do you tow stuff?

Post by sleepy_head » Fri, 2. Apr 10, 22:42

I have this asteriod that I want to tow through a single jump gate. How do I do it? I am using my Elephant. I have equiped the front and back with 2 Tractor Beams each. The turrets are set to Attack My Target. I have the roid targetted. But the range of the beam is only 2km and I can't even GET that close without colliding with the rock. Can someone who has done this explain the procedure? Do I need to have the butt end of my elephant facing the roid? How fast can I travel? Can I jump with the rock in tow? Do I have to build a station on it first? Regardless, how can I get that close to an object within 2km with my TL thats just asking for a collision.

Advisers
x3tc

Post by Advisers » Fri, 2. Apr 10, 22:45

You couldn't tow asteriod unless you build up on a Mine Station, and you couldn't pull though jumpgate, it's only work in sector, as far I know. I only use one Tractor Beams in my m6 class, and shoot once at dock point of mine station to pull. Speed up to 80m/s as well.

Rive
x3tc

Post by Rive » Fri, 2. Apr 10, 23:21

Towing through gates is not possible :( And the subject has to be your property.

Switch to an M6. Install the 'Beam to one of the main guns. Target the asteroid and fire once. If it's successful then there will be a visible green light link to the target.
Turn around and start accelerate. SLOWLY! The link will remain till you are within range. You can break the link if you fire the 'Beam once again.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Sat, 3. Apr 10, 00:13

Perhaps you would be better off finding a Sector that will contain the asteroids that you want, as opposed to trying to move the asteroids to the Sector. At least there will be something to work with.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

-=Legendary=-
x3tc

Post by -=Legendary=- » Sat, 3. Apr 10, 00:21

If you still have trouble colliding with the asteroid once you have a mine dont forget you can tow it with the main front lasers and just turn your m6 while moving. I think X3TC did alot better at towing then X3R no more crazy dancing roids.
http://blackjackal21.mybrute.com/

AMD Phenom X4 9750 Quad Core Processor
8 GB DDR2
1 TB HDD
ATI Radeon HD 4650 1024MB
Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit with SP1

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”