X3 Reunion - Xenon Invasions help!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

hudderst
x4

X3 Reunion - Xenon Invasions help!

Post by hudderst » Tue, 6. Apr 10, 17:49

hi this is my first post, so do forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong place or I have broken some unwritten law in my post.

My question is how do I know where and when to get a Xenon invasion mission?
I understand that you have to be within range of Xenon sectors, for them to be activated and I have done a few Xenon invasions. But recently i have done a lot of fighting missions with the Argon, this has done two things for me, it has two things, given me enough rank to buy a M1/M2 and a significant increase in fight rank. however i have not enough money to achieve some of my goals in this game, so I wish to do Invasion missions because they apparently pay well.

so if anyone can tell me the timings or any extra information on Xenon invasion missions (I'm not too interested on the money and ships appearing, however, because the forums seem to be full of this stuff). I especially hope someone with background or understanding in X-universe scripting can help me here, because at the end of the day it is just part of a rather long game script.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Tue, 6. Apr 10, 18:02

There is only one XI active at any one time. Once you have done one it takes around about 6 game hours for another one to appear. You need to be within 3 sectors of a Xenon sector. When they are available all the stations in the sector will show them - no need to run around docking several times per sector.

That is about all I know TBH - you fly around doing assassinations, then take an XI when you can. The top right of the map is by far the best area for them. Rolling back and forth between 18 billion and Getsu Fune covers them all.

With an M2 you could try some Xenon farming as well - go blow up the J/Ks and hope they drop GPPCs. Those sell for a good million and a bit each.

M

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Tue, 6. Apr 10, 18:02

This stuff is for TC, so it migh tnot be entirely relevant, but I'm pretty sure it was the same in R.

You have to be next to a Xenon sector.

They're given at 'docks' or possibly big ships. (I have a sector where all docks have been destoryed and a Phoenix on patrol offers them)

They pay just as well as Station defence missions.

There, that's all I can help with.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Tue, 6. Apr 10, 18:03

XIs in R are very different to TC. They pay very well (no station defence in R) and are much rarer. They can happen further away and are not only available from larger docks.

M

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Tue, 6. Apr 10, 18:14

This stuff is for TC, so it might be entirely not relevant, but I'm pretty sure it was the same in R.
^ Would have been better then?
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 6. Apr 10, 18:37

Missions in X3R are hardcoded, just like in X2. XI was a late addition to X2. In essence it is a script, but one we cannot read.

At some point it (the game) simply decides to have one. And it selects randomly a sector that is next to Xenon sector. But not neighbours of X101 or X598. So from six sectors. That is where the Xenon will appear.

Now you enter BBS in sector that is within three columns and rows (on printed map) from the selected sector, with both sectors belonging to the same race. You will see the mission annoucement. You can visit other stations fulfilling the criteria, and you will find the mission. And the mission will stay there, probably until you take it. It will likely stay there even if you don't visit any of the suitable stations, ie never find the mission.

How long does it take before activation of the next mission? About 8 ingame hours from completing the previous. There is some randomness in the timing though.

Chealec
x3tc

Post by Chealec » Tue, 6. Apr 10, 19:26

Getsu Fune, Black Hole Sun and Scale Plate Green are good sectors to look for XI missions on the BBS.. they're quite rare, they're quite hairy and they're good fun.

TBH you don't NEED an M1/M2 (odds are if you've got one you'll end up antagonising everyone with friendly fire incidents anyway) an M3+ will pretty much do you in Reunion - Argon Eclipse or Xenon LX were my favourites.

Or you could use the Hyperion (Yacht of the Pontifex Maximus Paranidia IIRC) - of course to get that, or to unlock M3+ class ships, you'll need to have done the relevant mission chain.
[ external image ]

... old skool

hudderst
x4

Post by hudderst » Tue, 6. Apr 10, 19:37

Thanks for the insanely quick replies.

@Maphys are you implying that if, after 6 or so hours, there is one sector that has these missions, so your best bet is checking lots, not just going on a round circle of four or five sectors near a Xenon sector, but look through all of them?

hudderst
x4

Post by hudderst » Tue, 6. Apr 10, 19:41

Chealec wrote: Or you could use the Hyperion (Yacht of the Pontifex Maximus Paranidia IIRC) - of course to get that, or to unlock M3+ class ships, you'll need to have done the relevant mission chain.
yes i have done these missions which is why i was ready to start the xenon invasions, now i have the insane M7, pirate capping is boring and pretty hard with HEPTs on my turrets :D

one plus side is I seem to get a higher assassin mission rate round these sectors, and i recently got almost a million for one. But i did once get 6 million on an invasion, which is why i am looking for them.

Chealec
x3tc

Post by Chealec » Tue, 6. Apr 10, 19:42

Ummm... once you've got a really high combat rank you can practically multiply that 6 million by 10 for XI missions ;)
[ external image ]

... old skool

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 6. Apr 10, 21:19

hudderst wrote: @Maphys are you implying that if, after 6 or so hours, there is one sector that has these missions, so your best bet is checking lots, not just going on a round circle of four or five sectors near a Xenon sector, but look through all of them?
There are only five sectors you need to check for XI missions, and you only need to check one station in each:

Eighteen Billion OR Scale Plate Green (both Teladi sectors, so any XI launched from Xenon 347 will show up in both)
Black Hole Sun
Thynn's Abyss
Menelaus' Paradise
Getsu Fune

If you don't find an XI in any of those locations then there isn't one available, simple as that. It usually seems to be about 12 hours in between XI missions.

hudderst
x4

Post by hudderst » Tue, 6. Apr 10, 21:48

@Pjknibbs you have answered my question to the letter and you have basically given me all the answers I need.

however as the started of this post I would also like to encourage people to add any extra information they feel relevant. just because I couldn't always find the information i need in one post, or even 30!

thank you very much for all the help everyone, I used to think I was the only person who stilled played this, considering its age.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Tue, 6. Apr 10, 22:43

I'd add is that there is a very quick way to finish these - you can go hunt down the Js that are jumping in and out in the Xenon Sector nearest the XI sector. But that just reduces your reward. The capital ships are the big prizes but wave after wave of Ls and Ms adds up as well!

Oh - and if you can time it just right the most certain way to make sure you get the reward for killing the big guys is to ram them when they are nearly out of hull. I've even managed to take down a K in an M3+ (although it cost me 90% of my shields!). Safer and easier in the M7 (Hyperion) though. Second best method is to use a missile like a Thunderbolt (good mix of speed and power).

Hammerheads are great but risk wiping out your reputation as they obliterate the helper ships.

Save before you jump in to the XI sector. If the helper ship is a Paranid one consider reloading! Their PSGs will wreck frame rates and if you are unlucky enough to get between them and their target wreck you very fast.

Good hunting!

M

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 7. Apr 10, 08:55

maphys wrote:But that just reduces your reward. The capital ships are the big prizes but wave after wave of Ls and Ms adds up as well!
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
The difference in credits is peanuts. But the additional race reputation, combat rank, and thrill from hours of combat both feel good and improve the future missions. :split:
maphys wrote:Save before you jump in to the XI sector.
When XI is offered, it is offered at every station of every sector of same race and within range. Therefore, you don't have to jump there after accepting the mission. You can be there to begin with.

IMO, Boron and Paranid are the best possible helpers. They appear far from the Xenon. Split and Argon appear right in the middle. Every time. At least in my game.

PTNI, Omicron, Ghinn's, Bluish, and Getsu. They have stations close to Gate in my game, so are quick to check.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

hudderst
x4

Post by hudderst » Wed, 7. Apr 10, 15:26

finally got another one :D

even though it has been like 20 game hours. i had 2 Ks. that and a few fighters netted me around 10million.

as a result i have just bought my titan, th eonly problem is i now need to save alot more money to get my PPCs for the ship. This game can be long, you spend half the time raising half a million to afford a basic fighter, then you spend the resto fo the time trying to get many many millions.

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Thu, 8. Apr 10, 02:10

pjknibbs wrote:
hudderst wrote: @Maphys are you implying that if, after 6 or so hours, there is one sector that has these missions, so your best bet is checking lots, not just going on a round circle of four or five sectors near a Xenon sector, but look through all of them?
There are only five sectors you need to check for XI missions, and you only need to check one station in each:

Eighteen Billion OR Scale Plate Green (both Teladi sectors, so any XI launched from Xenon 347 will show up in both)
Black Hole Sun
Thynn's Abyss
Menelaus' Paradise
Getsu Fune

If you don't find an XI in any of those locations then there isn't one available, simple as that. It usually seems to be about 12 hours in between XI missions.
Whats wrong with Thuraks Beard? I'm sure i have done at least two XI in that sector in my game?? Can anyone confirm?
What intriguing weapons and shields will you use to protect your trade ships and sectors from the Khaak when your not home? unless you can afford capital ships *and luck* its all for nothing, NOTHING! Mwaahhhhahaha
*(amendment for TC since all the good strategy and planning is no longer enough, you also need luck)*

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 8. Apr 10, 02:29

mystikmind2005 wrote:...
Whats wrong with Thuraks Beard? I'm sure i have done at least two XI in that sector in my game?? Can anyone confirm?
Not in Reunion, you haven't, unless your game was modded. One of the requirements for Xenon Invasion missions is that they take place adjacent to certain Xenon sectors. Thuruk's Beard is nowhere near one of those sectors.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Thu, 8. Apr 10, 03:40

Nanook wrote:
mystikmind2005 wrote:...
Not in Reunion, you haven't, unless your game was modded. One of the requirements for Xenon Invasion missions is that they take place adjacent to certain Xenon sectors. Thuruk's Beard is nowhere near one of those sectors.
Well my game isn't modded and Thuraks Beard is within 3 sectors of 101.

Any easy way of looking up what Xi i have done so far in my game or am i going to have to scroll through hundreds of messages?
What intriguing weapons and shields will you use to protect your trade ships and sectors from the Khaak when your not home? unless you can afford capital ships *and luck* its all for nothing, NOTHING! Mwaahhhhahaha
*(amendment for TC since all the good strategy and planning is no longer enough, you also need luck)*

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 8. Apr 10, 07:54

mystikmind2005 wrote:Well my game isn't modded and Thuraks Beard is within 3 sectors of 101.
But XI is fought in a sector that has a gate to Xenon sector. The mission is announced within 3.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 8. Apr 10, 13:24

And Xenon 101 never spawns XI missions--the X3R XI code was largely lifted from X2, and since that sector didn't exist in X2, it can't spawn an invasion.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”