[TC] Argon/Boron stranglehold on jumpdrive tech...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dieu_Le_Fera
x3tc

Argon/Boron stranglehold on jumpdrive tech...

Post by Dieu_Le_Fera » Wed, 7. Apr 10, 08:37

Is this because of the Argon/Boron alliance? I am wondering how the two races could have guarded such an essential piece of technology for so long?

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Wed, 7. Apr 10, 09:34

Never though of that myself...

Presumably the Paranid, Teladi and Split haven't let their corporations get their greedy mits on military designs yet... :lol:
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Wed, 7. Apr 10, 10:47

Impossible to do, what one race can develop, another race can copy. All it would take is the fact that a ship of the Argon - Boron Alliance, woul dbe captured by the Split - Paranid Alliance. Then the cat would be out of the bag. Or, rather, FTL technology.
And I'm sure most people are well aware of how to capture a ship. The Split Cobra, is by far, one of the best out there. Maybe that's why they were developed. Even as we speak, Secret Fabs are producing jumpdrives, for the highest bidder....
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Wed, 7. Apr 10, 12:36

Everyone has jumpdrive tech. It's just that Argon and Boron are the only races willing to SELL jumpdrive tech.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Wed, 7. Apr 10, 16:30

Bobucles wrote:Everyone has jumpdrive tech. It's just that Argon and Boron are the only races willing to SELL jumpdrive tech.
Don't forget the Terrans, they also sell jumpdrive tech.

Thunders

Post by Thunders » Thu, 8. Apr 10, 19:01

Deadbeat_Spinn wrote:Don't forget the Terrans, they also sell get-me-the-hell-out-of-these-HUGE-and-boring-sectors tech.
Fixed.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 8. Apr 10, 23:18

The current jumpdrive technology was developed by the Goners based on the original jumpdrive (which failed on its one and only use, by the way) that first carried Kyle Brennan and the X-Shuttle to the X-Universe. Presumably, it's still the Goners who hold the secret/patent, and they haven't licensed it to anyone else. They just distribute it at various locations.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Dieu_Le_Fera
x3tc

Post by Dieu_Le_Fera » Fri, 9. Apr 10, 04:25

The current jumpdrive technology was developed by the Goners based on the original jumpdrive (which failed on its one and only use, by the way) that first carried Kyle Brennan and the X-Shuttle to the X-Universe. Presumably, it's still the Goners who hold the secret/patent, and they haven't licensed it to anyone else. They just distribute it at various locations.
That's pretty much what the encyclopedia says about it... still kind of hard to believe that they have been able to keep it a secret. I would like to assume that the other races have it but just won't show or admit it... as I doubt the Argon would be very happy to see that the Paranid have jumpdrive tech in their hands. It would be a quick way for the "cold war" to turn "hot".
Everyone has jumpdrive tech. It's just that Argon and Boron are the only races willing to SELL jumpdrive tech.

This would be my take on it as well though not that they arn't willing to sell it... they arn't willing to deal with the consequences *war* if they did.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”