[TC] The Kha'ak and Tha Yaki's

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MAXTEN
x3tc

The Kha'ak and Tha Yaki's

Post by MAXTEN » Wed, 7. Apr 10, 22:42

I, Started the day, wanting to raise my Rep. with the Yakis, so that I can get a hold on some of those Incendiary Bomb Launchers for my ships.
I, Jump down to Weaver's Tempest, rite away I'm not welcomed, so I hit the throttle, to avoid killing any of them(In My Springy). Then, I notice some Kha'ak Clusters flying in the sector http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy13 ... n00027.jpg http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy13 ... n00073.jpg , An opportunity to raise my rep with The Yaki's, I zoom to knock them out,get within range and fire a spectre missile, Boom, one down, I cruise to the next one,downed, Then another one, http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy13 ... n00064.jpg ,another missile, another one down, I'm laying out Advance Satelites as I go, The Yaki's are behind me knocking them out. I see more Kha'ak clusters http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy13 ... n00068.jpg , Shoot an other missile, They're gone, The Yaki's are still red.
I, Jump to Senator's Badlanda, The Yaki's are more friendly, Still no access to the stations, I see another cluster, http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy13 ... n00107.jpg I take it down.
I, Jump to Ocrocoke's Storm, There a Pirate Base there, I do some missions (Kill some Paranids), and jump back to Senator's Badlands, The Shipyard is giving me missions now.
I, Take one, That sends me to one of The Forges in Weaver's Tempest. Great, Now, I have access the stations and can get, The Incendiary Bomb Luanchers.
I, Dock at the first station, only one there. I raise the map, The other station has only one, also. I start crusing there.
Then, I notice, theres, a Kha'ak scout, and it's blue and haves a target icon hovering over it, Maybe, I , can claim it. I set out to follow it, once in range, I comm it, nothing. Then, I get the sence, it wants me to help it destroy the Yaki's. It looked, lost going aroud in circles.
There was a few Yaki's, that where red to me, flying around. I couldn't afford to shoot them now, I needed the IBLs. So I, Leave it and move on to the next station. The red Yaki's are chasing me now, I comm them, They cave in, were friends now. I get the other IBL.
I never saw, The kha'ak scout again. Maybe, The Yakis got'em. I never saw a friendly Kha'ak before. Maybe, This can be, A start to something new, In My Universe. http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy13 ... n00153.jpg http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy13 ... n00152.jpg

oceanmist667
x3tc

Post by oceanmist667 » Thu, 8. Apr 10, 00:01

why didn t u accept the mission to see what.....far more interesting than the ibl s plus u could reload
do u have any scripts?

AL'42
x3tc

Post by AL'42 » Thu, 8. Apr 10, 00:09

The AI does get somewhat confused at times in the yaki sectors. I’ve had the police turn up there many times ready to whack the hell out of me for stealing a ship, only to have the Yaki whack the hell out of them instead, resulting in a number of the police turning blue. Like I’ve even had red police Titans go blue on me.

I guess something similar happened with your khaak.

In the real world it would make sense, faced with a bigger enemy best to make friends with the smaller enemy than fight both of them. Somehow I doubt the AI is that smart …. is it?

MAXTEN
x3tc

Post by MAXTEN » Thu, 8. Apr 10, 00:13

I did accept, a mission to deliver something :? and I have no scripts.

buzbyx

Post by buzbyx » Thu, 8. Apr 10, 02:59

if you want ibl's in quantity you have to capture akumas...I've gotten many of them so far with 26 ibl's mounted.

if you just started, of course, it takes some time

and you can probably capture two akumas max before you become their arch enemy

sleepy_head
x3tc

Post by sleepy_head » Thu, 8. Apr 10, 04:38

What kind of losses do you get on average on your marines for boarding an Akuma?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 8. Apr 10, 23:41

Don't destroy the clusters. Let them break apart first, then destroy the individual ships. A single cluster will net you the same rep increase as killing an M3. Add in all the scouts and you get a far greater rep increase.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Tharaphita
x4

Post by Tharaphita » Fri, 9. Apr 10, 14:09

Hey.

Im on the road of trying to get yakis good side aswell. whats odd is that ships on the senators badlands and sector above are friendly but on the weavers tempest (spelling?) they still red and havent found any khaaks around anymore. also cant com to ships to apologise. they have 2 IBL foundrys there atm. one time i had them friendly at that sector but hen i accidently crashed into one at gate and another time forgot to turn off my springblossom turrets so one m5 got 1shotted. =/

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 9. Apr 10, 14:19

Tharaphita wrote:whats odd is that ships on the senators badlands and sector above are friendly but on the weavers tempest (spelling?) they still red and havent found any khaaks around anymore.
That's because Weaver's Tempest is the Yaki Core System, whereas Ocracoke's Storm & Senator's Badlands are classified as Border Systems. It's exactly the same for other factions - Core Systems always need better rep to gain access without being shot at than Border Systems.

Tharaphita
x4

Post by Tharaphita » Fri, 9. Apr 10, 15:24

ok thnx for the info.. ill go back there later.

still start of the game for me.. biggest and only M6 ship i have is my Blossom and finished terran plot and doing final fury last mission at this point. have over 50mil atm just from plot and fighting and getting wares for to equip my soon to have M7 =) i also might wanna try my luck with pirate sector.

eventually i was thinking that my long term game goal should be to get friends with pirates and yakis and kill all the rest =)

damn i just oversaved my middle battle save in O:FF last mission while i was trying to load game :evil:

pip61
x3tc

Post by pip61 » Fri, 9. Apr 10, 22:14

damn i just oversaved my middle battle save in O:FF last mission while i was trying to load game
Also my biggest bugbear in the change from X3-R menus.

It is just far too damned easy to end up saving over the game you want to reload.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Fri, 9. Apr 10, 22:19

Take all your Save games from documents, once every week or two, and save them on a separate hard drive. :)
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 10. Apr 10, 20:02

Or look up the Save-game Manager on the forum some place.I thought I had the link,sorry.

Tharaphita
x4

Post by Tharaphita » Sat, 10. Apr 10, 20:44

Nice ideas. About the topic.. i managed to get my Yaki rep up and Weavers Tempest sector is friendly now =)

I was about the stage where core yaki still red and no khaak around anymore. Then i was wondering around at some Boron sector when i noticed Yaki fighter offering me some combat mission. Commed to him he wanted 4 freighters to be toasted, i accepted it and rammed those 4... then i apologised to local red police and all done. Yakis offering me missions now in core. Managed to get hold on 2 IBL also but for now forges are empty. Even when they have recources. =)

Maybe i have to bring them some more

Plan is to get around 10 IBL then buy some m7 =) not decided what to choose yet.

Sorry for my spelling. English is far away from mother language.

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Sun, 11. Apr 10, 00:42

build a complex in Weaver's to support the IBL and spacefuel facts, like Energy cells, Wheat, and Ore.

then have sector traders to do trades, that'll give you profits and IBL's

Tharaphita
x4

Post by Tharaphita » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 08:10

Orion1632 wrote:build a complex in Weaver's to support the IBL and spacefuel facts, like Energy cells, Wheat, and Ore.

then have sector traders to do trades, that'll give you profits and IBL's

ok did that =)

IBL forges always have primary recources but nothing forged. even seen when recources been used by forges but no product.. fishy.. or they take ages to produce. =/

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 08:16

they take ages to produce. 4 hours from memory.....

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”