[TC] Passenger Transport / Cargo / Fighter Ship = all in one? [Combo}

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Airman744

Passenger Transport / Cargo / Fighter Ship = all in one? [Combo}

Post by Airman744 » Thu, 8. Apr 10, 21:08

Which ship that has all 3 combined?
I'd like a ship that can transport individual (they rather fly on passenger transport)
But, on the other hand, I'd rather have a combo of cargo, passenger transport, fighter, attacking in one...

Any ideas?
I like Argon and Terran..
Thanks!

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Thu, 8. Apr 10, 21:15

The only passenger transport is a TP I'm afraid. (you get more money for transporting large groups/milirary groups IIRC, for that and space and fighting I'd use an M6)
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 8. Apr 10, 21:17

any of the terran / argon m3 ships can serve all 3 purposes. for cargo hauling, the teladi falcon hauler is the best since it can carry XL cargo. also the single passengers strictly require the TP, but large groups(either personnel or military people) settle with fighters.

Dycor
x3tc

Post by Dycor » Thu, 8. Apr 10, 21:33

The Springblossom, It's a heavy transport and fast, you can do all of the personal transports(military), but not the taxi ones, quick deliveries. It. the Fastest multi-purpose ship, M6 with speed of 360 m/s, bad for combat, only good against M6s and some M7s. The only other ship is, The Split (TP), Got (4) front weapon slot and one turret.

Dycor
x3tc

Post by Dycor » Thu, 8. Apr 10, 21:48

I have (3) of them, It's my personal ship, and I use a keyboard. I don't use my joystick.

Sn4kemaster
x4

Post by Sn4kemaster » Thu, 8. Apr 10, 21:49

Dycor wrote:The Springblossom, It's a heavy transport and fast, you can do all of the personal transports(military), but not the taxi ones, quick deliveries. It. the Fastest multi-purpose ship, M6 with speed of 360 m/s, bad for combat, only good against M6s and some M7s.
:o

i can only asume that you either have not flown one, or use use the keyboard instead of investing in a good joystick with throttle control.

bad for combat :lol:

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Thu, 8. Apr 10, 21:50

Boron Angel.

It's a TP so it can do all taxi missions, it has a relatively big hold (1,600 XL) so it can do all the courier missions as well &, although the guns are a bit limited, with enough missiles/drones in the hold it can do reasonably well for light combat duties, or for boarding ops against less well defended targets (I used mine for boarding numerous TMs, TLs, & M6s).

Flew one for several weeks at the start of my current game, completing both the Terran & Goner plots while flying it (including all the combat missions for those plots) & developed a real fondness for the ship - even after 46 days of elapsed game time it's still listed as my official favourite ship.
Last edited by GCU Grey Area on Thu, 8. Apr 10, 21:51, edited 2 times in total.

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 8. Apr 10, 21:50

theres nothing wrong with using the KB.

Sn4kemaster
x4

Post by Sn4kemaster » Thu, 8. Apr 10, 21:52

Dycor wrote:I have (3) of them, It's my personal ship, and I use a keyboard. I don't use my joystick.
Then that's why you say the spingy is bad for combat, when its really totally off the scale

You need to constantly adjust you speed in the springy, and role, and pitch etc etc

get a joystick, with a throttle control, it changes the whole game, you can not really dogfight unless you have got one.

Dycor
x3tc

Post by Dycor » Thu, 8. Apr 10, 22:07

Speed is not, it's problem. It's, The Forward Targeting System.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Thu, 8. Apr 10, 22:15

Speaking as an Elite Combateer - I use the keyboard too. :)
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Sn4kemaster
x4

Post by Sn4kemaster » Fri, 9. Apr 10, 01:08

Dycor wrote:Speed is not, it's problem. It's, The Forward Targeting System.
Hey, if you cant use the spingy in a dogfight then its not the ship for you, but i really cant see your point to be honest, but if it helps.....M/AM main, SCC Left/right which also shoot forward (attack my target - just melts M4's M5's)

and don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with a KB but if you get a good quality joystick....well :)

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Fri, 9. Apr 10, 02:13

Dycor wrote:Speed is not, it's problem. It's, The Forward Targeting System.
Use the Ctrl-key for shooting, not the right mouse button. With proper targeting, the firing arches will converge on your target.

Dycor
x3tc

Post by Dycor » Fri, 9. Apr 10, 03:22

We, are out of topic here; I have a Seitak X52 with upgrades.

A "dogfight" is a one on one, skimish, anybody can do that. If you are going to pick on a M3 or lesser with a Springy, You know the Springy has the upper hand and it's turrets can easy take out any fast moving M4 or M5.

I, Prefer to play my game with a Keyboard. I have, a Big Fleet, that can take on, all of the races fleets combined, in My Universe. I got plenty of ships, to choose from.

If, I what to get into a "dogfight", I'll use a M4, no turrets, no missiles, Just straight forward shooting at eachother.

Now, stop trolling the topic, same to others, try to stay in topic...

fairywhipper

Post by fairywhipper » Fri, 9. Apr 10, 04:20

passenger transport which has good combat ability and goods load.

non

closest : boron angel
decent shields and speed for a tp, light combat only ie fighters not anything heavie, decent cargo hold.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 9. Apr 10, 13:25

A lot of passenger transport missions only require a Cargo Bay Lifesupport--the ones that actually require a TP usually make it obvious in the mission description (e.g. "I require a certain level of luxury" or words to that effect). Given that, the best ships that do all 3 jobs are the TM class (especially the Yaki Chokaro), although in that case you'd be getting the docked ships to do the "combat" part, the Springblossom, and the Paranid Hyperion Vanguard. Hyperion is probably the best all-rounder in the game, but unless you start with the Poisoned Paranid start the only way to get one is to capture it with marines, which isn't that easy!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”