[TC] no EMPC factories

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

johnnywas
x3tc

no EMPC factories

Post by johnnywas » Sun, 11. Apr 10, 12:18

and none in stock anywhere either

is that the same for everybody else

does it change ?

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Sun, 11. Apr 10, 13:01

Mmmm sounds you discovered the Terrans pretty late. Their economy is not really well done & needs the player to fix it.

In my game I discovered the Terrans late as well, leaving me only 1 withering EMPC forge (no resources nearby to make it work).
To solve this problem I bought 10X Baldrics, send them to PNTI HQ, gave them all the stuff for becoming Sector traders (Fight MKI , Nav software + Trade MK III) and let them train up in various sectors till they reached level 6-8. Once done, I sended them to various sectors in terran space with trade range 1. The ones at level 8 I homebased in sectors with SPP's in it and set their range to 2.
This worked wonders in revitalizing the Terran economy, during the proces of firing it up again, that last EMPC forge vanished, but lots of new fabs all across terran space popped up, including new EMPC forges.

Be aware tho that it takes a long time to work, but once it does, you never have to worry about the Terran economy again.
Right now, every terran sector from Oort Cloud to Venus (haven't progressed forther) has a Local trader with range 1. Oort Cloud, Jupiter, Saturn and Orebelt have also traders with Range 2, these mostly serve to assure ore & Energy gets moved across the entire Sol system.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 11. Apr 10, 13:36

In oe of my games I got loads of LTs based around one fo the central sectors with a jumprange of the entire of Terran space.

We're talking at least 30 here.

Perked up the economy nicely and quickly. I also set up some loops in Asteroid Belt.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Sun, 11. Apr 10, 22:48

I have around twenty traders in Terran areas, and anytime I find a Trader on standby, I send them to Terran space, where it seems not to happen again.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Cataclysm Effect
xr

Post by Cataclysm Effect » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 08:26

Baldrics are pretty good as STs but I've just become a fan of the Mistral Super Freighters. They're super expensive but they have a 15,000 cargo hold and they go about 78 m/s making them awesome UTs. The Baldric is the best ST I think.

jonbuttle
x3tc

Post by jonbuttle » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 16:35

I set up a equipment dock and trading station in Uranus its a MASSIVE terran ware turn around operation!!

The EQ dock buys all the weapons using Springblossoms set to buy for best price then i have some "stolen" ships and 2nd hand ships transporting to my normal hub where other common wealth weapons are stored and then onto my mining base ships for storage!

The Trading station buys all wares the terrans produce with springblossoms on buy for best then (more) springblossams on sell for best price.

The EQ dock also has my terran ST's homebased to make up for the profit loss.

Overall it has just got the terran economy back together and due to the sheer turn around on the trading station it makes a fairly reasonable profit!!

If you want i'll post a more detailed description of the FULL operation! but i found this to be quite useful and i now have 2 Mobile Mining Base ships literally full of terran weapons and missiles from there now lucrative economy :) only thing it didnt save are the Aldrin weapons i was to slow to "rescue" them from the economic collapse :( :lol:
Trade - Fight - Build - Think - Guess Randomly...

Chris0132
xr

Post by Chris0132 » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 17:01

Hmm never considered setting up shop in terran space like that.

Considering their economy does stagnate rather, it might be a good idea, make some money.

Safe too considering the amount of military ships they have.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 22:29

I have Traders around Aldrin, and only lost one weapons factory to date.
Also I park ships at Terran and Aldrin stations.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Flozem
x3tc

Post by Flozem » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 23:54

Just placed a trading station in each Terran Sector from Asteroid to Neptune... 1 sector jump range, buying and selling foodstuffs, ice and ore at best price. I love the orbital logistics and outposts in about every sector, they buy ore and ice at rather steep prices.

I have OTAS Mistrals and Falcon Haulers doing business there. Still tweaking my goods flow and ships to match demand. Right now only Ore and Ice make sensible profits.

Terran space is coloring green with my ships now. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”