[X3R] Avarice Bidding Question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

GalacticLord
x3tc

[X3R] Avarice Bidding Question

Post by GalacticLord » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 01:10

Just a quick question about the bidding on Avarice...
How long does the bidding stay open for me to bid on it? ATM, the bid is at 615,000,000Cr and I've got approx 12,000,000Cr plus the value of all my ships (Probably 7,500,000Cr worth). I would really like my own sector, and if the bidding will end soon, I might have to script a container with a lot of Cr into the game :lol: .

Any help appreciated.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 01:14

Assuming you are running X3R v2.5 I think the auction runs till about day 20(ish).

If you need a quicker way to get cash, I suggest you complete the Bala Gi missions (if you haven't already) and then use the Hyp to go Xenon farming...

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

GalacticLord
x3tc

Post by GalacticLord » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 01:15

Thx a lot m8. I'm gonna look into that, cause the Bala Gi Research missions have just shown up for me...

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 01:48

You only need to go as far as getting the Hyp. You can finish the rest of the missions off (which costs a bit of cash - about 30M+ I think) later.

Either look thru the threads linked in the Search function or use the google link in my sig. You'll find plenty of walkthru's for Bala Gi. Assuming you want a walk thru, that is...

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Balkoth68
x3tc

Post by Balkoth68 » Tue, 13. Apr 10, 03:42

You might have actually answered a question I had in another post, at least partially. I wish Id noticed this post first. hehe

Gregtronix

Post by Gregtronix » Sun, 10. Apr 11, 01:33

What's the easiest Sector to go Xenon Farming in, I've tried it in 101 but when I get in there, the best I can manage is knocking out a P Patrol, one or two K/Js and the associated hardware before the damage to the Shielding gets too much and I've to jump out...

I've BHEPTS on the front guns, and A/B PSGs on all of the turrets... But I never really get very far...

Any advice lads?
Folks, never, ever underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups...

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Sun, 10. Apr 11, 01:41

To take out the J's and K's you'll need to use as many GPSG's as the Hyperion can mount; thanks to its area-of-effect it does much more damage against capital ships than a BHEPT. I haven't played Reunion in awhile but I remember being able to take out 1-2 Xenon capital ships with the Hype before have to jump out.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Gregtronix

Post by Gregtronix » Sun, 10. Apr 11, 01:55

GPPCs eh? Must give that a whirl before I RE the Hyp... Cheers...
Folks, never, ever underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups...

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Sun, 10. Apr 11, 02:22

Nonono, not GPPC's. G PSGs. Gamma Phased Shockwave Generators.

The Hyperion definitely doesn't mount GPPC's.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Gregtronix

Post by Gregtronix » Sun, 10. Apr 11, 05:56

Yeah, my bad, I knew what you meant :twisted: :roll: Cheers bud...

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 10. Apr 11, 12:34

Gregtronix wrote:What's the easiest Sector to go Xenon Farming in, I've tried it in 101 but when I get in there, the best I can manage is knocking out a P Patrol, one or two K/Js and the associated hardware before the damage to the Shielding gets too much and I've to jump out...
Depends on the meaning of "easy". :split:

101 has only one gate and then there are rocks. Not so nice. All the 5** are large. While it is easier to spread the enemies, it also takes longer to move around. 347 is nice moderately sized spot. My personal favourite is 472. No need to move around, because it has no space.

Thus, for you, 598 or 347.

But remember that the Xenon that you kill, will respawn in random Xenon sector. Your actions will herd them from one pasture to another. Farms do not move like that; cattle does. :goner: Therefore, you will have to visit multiple Xenon sectors, easy or not.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”