How do I upgrade my M1/M2/TL when no equipment dock is in sector?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

xaronax
x4

How do I upgrade my M1/M2/TL when no equipment dock is in sector?

Post by xaronax » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 21:46

I am trying to buy engine tuning/cargo extension/rudder upgrade for my OTAS Boreas. There is no equipment dock in the sector, and constructing one of my own does not work either. Is there any way to upgrade my Boreas? Seems silly to be able to upgrade some M1/M2/TL's and not others.

Thanks!

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 21:52

Send it to the EQ in Light of Heart, that's what I did with mine. I told them to dock at the EQ and they would travel through the sectors necessary to get there.

xaronax
x4

Post by xaronax » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 22:01

I could be a complete idiot, but I didn't think M1/M2/TL could dock at anything but a shipyard. They can dock at EQ as well?

Thank you!

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 22:04

They can dock with Shipyards, EQ docks & Military bases. They can dock with certain HQ as well (Terracorp springs to mind).

BeidAmmikon
x3tc

Post by BeidAmmikon » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 22:05

... or outfit it with the jumpdrive and some ecells taken from a ship that you have in Legend's Home for exactly this purpose, and send it on its way to an Equipment Dock.
You could dock to a TM several ships that are equipped with all pieces of software, then transfer all the equipment on a ship over to the M2. You'll still need to dock the capital ship at an ED for rudder and engine tunings, but by that time it'd already have anything else put on it.
Capital ships can dock at Shipyards, Equipment Docks, Military Outposts and your Headquarters.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against Principalities, against Powers,
against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 22:12

What I usually do is have a fully equip Discovery ready, and when needed, I transfer the Jumpdrive and upgrades to the new ship from the Disco. Then I eventually re-equip the Disco for a future transfer.

As for engine upgrades and such, since that the new ship has a Jumpdrive from the Disco, I just jump it to the closest equipment dock and buy that stuff, then.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 13. Apr 10, 04:38

M1's and TL's are easy enough. Dock a little ship with everything you need on-board and Freight Exchange the stuff over. M2's require a Transporter Device and fully equipped ship of any type. Drive up, Transporter device stuff over and then land on M1.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 13. Apr 10, 07:52

xaronax wrote:I could be a complete idiot, but I didn't think M1/M2/TL could dock at anything but a shipyard. They can dock at EQ as well?

Thank you!
In X2 : M1s, M2s, M6s and TLs could ONLY dock at Shipyards IIRC
In X3:R : M1s, M2s, and TLs could dock at Shipyards & Equipment Docks where as M6s (and the only M7) could dock everywhere a TS/TP could.
In X3:TC : M1s, M2s, M7s, and TLs can dock at Shipyards, Equipment Docks, Military Bases, et al but not at Factories, Complexes, Trading Stations, et al
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Tue, 13. Apr 10, 16:48

Triaxx2 wrote:M1's and TL's are easy enough. Dock a little ship with everything you need on-board [...] Transporter device stuff over
Simplest way of transferring equipment at times, but doesn't help if you want to upgrade speed/cargo/manoeuvrability...

For buying from Otas, I always send a TS there first with ecells on board. It's then quick and easy to jump ships off to an EQD without having to wait for them to trek all the way to the nearest place they can buy ecells from.

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

brattbags01
x3tc

Post by brattbags01 » Tue, 13. Apr 10, 18:14

easier again just build a Solar Power Plant in Legends home and when you buy your Boreas equip with jump drive from OTAS HQ then send the freighter that's home based at the Solar Power Plant to give e-cells to your Boreas then jump it to the EQ dock at PTNI headquarters (Teladi have the best up-grades) and Viola ! job done. :)

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 04:03

Best place to upgrade your ship is Getsu Fune, no question. Nowhere else has EQ docks from all 5 commonweath races :D

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 23:07

Sovereign01 wrote:Best place to upgrade your ship is Getsu Fune, no question. Nowhere else has EQ docks from all 5 commonweath races :D
Except Q's love that sector, as well...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”