[TC] Goner Plot and Pirate Rep

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sleepy_head
x3tc

Goner Plot and Pirate Rep

Post by sleepy_head » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 22:28

I may be in a bit of a pickle. Before I started on the Goner plot my pirate rep was very high. I did a ton of missions for them and, for the most part, about 50% of their ships were blue to me. However, once the Goner plot started make me kill the pirate synidicates, it seems my pirate rep went down the toilet. I haven't even destoryed that pirate base yet, but have done the TLS and the boring Covert mission, no amount of missions is allowing me to turn pirates white again. So two questions. First, is this permanent? Second, will finishing the Goner plot fix this?

johnnywas
x3tc

Post by johnnywas » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 22:34

no but it won't get worse - i don't think theres a rep hit for destroying the base.

sleepy_head
x3tc

Post by sleepy_head » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 22:37

I don't think it can GET any worse lol. I'm more interested in how to fix this mess? I can't imagine that everyone who had done the Goner plot had their pirates rep permanently in the pits?

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 22:48

sometimes your pirate rep can get stuck if it got low enough(seemingly, never really got to the bottom of it <_<).

go over to acquisition repository / spaceweed grove (both pirate sectors with lots of stations that have a (seemingly) higher chance of pirate mission givers), just dont take any defend station / assassinate mission. :P

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 22:52

No, but I did it in stages (i.e. repaired Pirate rep after stealing the TLS but before following the Blastclaw). Plus you take less of a rep hit for stealing rather than destroying. I stole all but four Syndicate M6's (out of 14 in total) and of those four, two were destroyed by the Teladi, one by the Xenon, and the last one by me. I would have boarded it but the ship only had 5% of it's hull left and I doubted my Marines would have been able to capture the ship. I also managed to get 4 (5?) of their fighters to bail to add to my "Syndicate" collection.

sleepy_head
x3tc

Post by sleepy_head » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 23:05

Actually I MIGHT know what is causing the pirate rep to get stuck for some people.

Even while doing the Covert Op for the Goner Plot, as I followed along that other ship at 78m/s I noticed that there still WERE pirates that were white to me in Gaian's Star. Some pirates were red some were white.

However, AS SOON AS that Goner guy ejected into space in a spacesuit, the local station turned red, and EVERYTHING turned red as well. Meaning, it rep change wasn't even caused by me hitting anything because I distinctly remember not killing anything and just jumping out as soon as I picked up the astronaut.

I'm wondering if THAT is the part in the game where the pirate rep bugs out for some people.

sleepy_head
x3tc

Post by sleepy_head » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 23:19

Catra wrote: go over to acquisition repository / spaceweed grove (both pirate sectors with lots of stations that have a (seemingly) higher chance of pirate mission givers), just dont take any defend station / assassinate mission. :P
I've been doing that before I came here to post. I did a whole bunch of taxi missions and they are still all red.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 23:28

But were they all pirates you did the taxi missions for? You can often find non-pirates offering missions on pirate stations, and vice versa. My favorite way to gain pirate rep is to do build station missions for them. If they're building in pirate space, you automatically know they're pirates, and the 'I' prefix on the new station's ID will confirm it.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

sleepy_head
x3tc

Post by sleepy_head » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 23:34

Yep. I turned around my pirate rep the first time by doing missions in those sectors that Catra suggested. I did the exact same thing, only maybe 4 or 5 times the amount of missions. All pirates are still red.

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 23:48

you should turn on the script editor and the additional debug function so you can see if you are stuck or not.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 23:51

You can do as Catra said, and still avoid the 'modified' tag by saving first, turn it on, check rep, and reload. The tag setting is stored in the savegame, so if you don't save, no tag.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

sleepy_head
x3tc

Post by sleepy_head » Tue, 13. Apr 10, 00:26

Catra wrote:you should turn on the script editor and the additional debug function so you can see if you are stuck or not.
Great suggestion, thanks. Is there a guide that shows someone how to do that? I probably would need to know what numbers to look for, as well as what the numbers mean.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Tue, 13. Apr 10, 00:38

Change your pilot name to "Thereshallbewings" (make sure you get capital "T" and double "l").
Go to Global commands (pilot menu, advanced) and select the Script Editor.
Wait/press enter until you get to the selection list and turn on (can't remember exactly what it's called) additional debug info.
Exit back to the normal screen.
Target a ship/station of the race you're interested in and pull up the info on it.
Scroll down until you see your pilot name. The numbers represent your rep with that race/item.

Can't remember exactly what they all are, but there are two critical ones: 1, 0 or -1. Friend, neutral or enemy. Represents how that individual feels about you (eg a station belonging to a friendly race that you've hit with turret fire will have a -1). The last number represents your race rep. number varies from -1,000,000 to +1,000,000. Zero again being neutral.

Hope that makes sense and is about right...

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

sleepy_head
x3tc

Post by sleepy_head » Tue, 13. Apr 10, 01:24

Thank you very much perkint.

Okay, these are the numbers I'm getting :

I pointed at a red Pirate Nova and got -1, 16.

So I did a taxi mission, jumped back to the sector and pointed at the same (I think) Pirate Nova again and the numbers are still -1, 16.

Oddly, the numbers for a factory in Spaceweed Grove are very different. It is 346354, 0

If the rep stayed at 16 even after I did a mission, does this mean I'm stuck?

sleepy_head
x3tc

Post by sleepy_head » Tue, 13. Apr 10, 05:09

Okay, something is totally whacked here. I did a Xenon Patrol mission, THREE hours. In Spaceweed Grove so there is no doubt that it should raise pirate rep. I killed maybe 10 or 12 K's, 10 or 12 J's, who knows how many P's and fighters. The total rep raised upon mission completion? ONE point. Whats going on?

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 13. Apr 10, 05:54

*labs*

you dont get pirate rep for killing xenon in their space. that one point you got was for mission complete.

sleepy_head
x3tc

Post by sleepy_head » Tue, 13. Apr 10, 06:04

Catra wrote:*labs*

you dont get pirate rep for killing xenon in their space. that one point you got was for mission complete.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Why not?? lol

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Tue, 13. Apr 10, 17:36

I have heard that before, but I still thought you did - Xenon are enemies (aren't they?) of the Pirates so I still thought you got rep points. Also, 1 point for a big patrol mission? Sounds to me like something else is going on. You sure you don't have some patrol ships kicking around that could be taking out the odd pirate?

The difference between the rep figures shown for stations and ships - sorry, can't remember :-/

You sure it was a Pirate station? Not all fabs in Spaceweed Grove are pirate. If it was (eg) Teladi, that'd explain it - 0 for neutral and 340K is somewhere near the bottom of the top rank, isn't it?

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 13. Apr 10, 17:59

Just to make you all feel better, I'll tell you of my new challenging game target. I have spent my entire game swatting Pirates at every opportunity. My rep with them was recently -1,000,000. I then decided to give it a go to make the Pirates neutral and so eventually get to the Duke's missions.

After about 30 successful missions for a few hacked Pirate stations (and ensuring none of my ships anywhere upset a Pirate) I actually had my rep register as -999,999. You also have to keep at improving it or it trickes down again! It now takes about 5 successful Pirate missions to improve by one point. I am now at -999,985 and going strong, including using Sector Traders in pirate sectors that I have stocked with hacked stations. I believe from the FAQs that the rate of increase should speed up when I get down to -100,000 - but it could be a while yet!

That's my ambitious long term target for now (yes I know it helps to be insane). The only pity is that I can't afford to zap any of the pesky pirates that keep taking pot shots at my ship and the traders that are servicing their own stations! Meanwhile I'm taking out all my need for destruction on the poor old Yaki, Xenon and Kha'ak.

fairywhipper

Post by fairywhipper » Tue, 13. Apr 10, 18:02

far out man, you gotta chill, get some weed and drink and have a party...

ie go to another pirate base at least 12 sectors away and sell them a load of stuff. then when you head back to a pirate system such as mealstrom, find the local red big bad dude and scan him. if you sold enougth weed, he will turn blue along with his wingmen, less to worry about as they will stay friendly unless you shoot them.

unless you wanna do the plot like .me. following a blastclaw at 78m/s across 3 sectors while been chased and shot at by everything including the frigates, carriers and destoyers..... good thing i was in my little rust bucket "fetch" -m3-

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”