[TC] Duke's Buccaneers and Paranid rep.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DaveyP
x3tc

Duke's Buccaneers and Paranid rep.

Post by DaveyP » Tue, 13. Apr 10, 12:42

Hi.

I'm trying to get my hands on the Medusa prototype, and I've just been "promoted" for the first time.

The problem is that I had to do 2 assassination missions back to back and, obviously, my rep was well and truly ruined. I've managed to do some missions and got back up to Desecrator of Holy Light 78%, but the missions seem to have dried up.

I've been jumping around Paranid border sections for the last hour, but nowhere seems to have mission.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Tue, 13. Apr 10, 13:01

When I was doing missions for the Duke I simply didn't worry about Paranid rep until I'd done enough missions to get all the ships which the Duke provides.

After that I went looking for Paranids who were living on non-Paranid stations & took to killing the occasional Argon ship in Paranid sectors, balanced out by doing missions for Argon stations whenever Argon rep was dropping a bit too low.

Multi-sector patrol missions can also often cross border, so a mission offered by, for example, an Argon station may result in killing Xenons (etc) in Paranid sectors as well, which also helps to improve Paranid rep.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Tue, 13. Apr 10, 17:57

Or, if you're not playing nice with the pirates, there are often a fair few you can take out in Paranid space near Third Redemption...

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

jimlpearce

Post by jimlpearce » Tue, 13. Apr 10, 18:17

In case you haven't seen it...
I wrote a segment in Deadbeat Spinn's Guide to the Corporations about reducing rep loss on assassination missions. It's at the start of section IV IIRC.

Hope this helps :)
"You win again gravity"

DaveyP
x3tc

Post by DaveyP » Tue, 13. Apr 10, 23:47

jimlpearce wrote:In case you haven't seen it...
I wrote a segment in Deadbeat Spinn's Guide to the Corporations about reducing rep loss on assassination missions. It's at the start of section IV IIRC.

Hope this helps :)
Excellent :D Now I have lots of new ideas to try out.

Cheers.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Build missions

Post by Bill Huntington » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 00:14

The best idea that I got from this forum was to take a couple build missions from the Paranid before the first Duke's mission, but not complete them until after doing the Duke's assassination. Then finish the build missions and bring your rep a long way back. I had a Paranid Oddy to kill. I finished him with ramming for less rep loss, and the build missions brought me almost all the way back.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

DaveyP
x3tc

Post by DaveyP » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 00:17

Thanks.. I'll try that in conjunction with the other tactics mentioned.

[EDIT]

Doesn't seem to like me. I jumped all ships OOS, then took the next assassination mission in a starburst. I still ended up having to kill a Zeus. Took my rep down to Desecrator of the holy light 90%.

Every time, I'm having to get my rep back up before I take the next corp mission just in case I have to fly through Paranid core space. Oh well. Looks like I'll just have to grin and bear it. :evil:

DaveyP
x3tc

Post by DaveyP » Thu, 15. Apr 10, 17:29

It's a mad rush to find build missions. Still, on the up side, there are now 3x SPPXL and 1xSPPL in Duke's home sector, so I've set up a 3XCFL loop.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”