X3R Satellite use

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

theskibum

X3R Satellite use

Post by theskibum » Tue, 13. Apr 10, 14:27

Sorry to ask this, since I am sure it has been asked before, but I cannot seem to find exactly what I need.

Once I purchase an adv. satellite, how do I use it to see buy/sell prices in a given sector.

I purchased one and dropped it in the middle of Argon Prime, but when I am out of sector, or in sector for that matter, I cannot figure out how to obtain that info from it.

What is the command (keyboard input) path to get there?
Do I need any particular software installed in my ship?
thanks

PS One more question
Can I remove software from one ship and install in another? How?

devilofbelfast
xr

Post by devilofbelfast » Tue, 13. Apr 10, 14:39

is the command not in the menu when your looking at the sats commands through the sector map?

can i ask a second question on the same subject? how do you use the adv. sat to help place facs? i remember reading about a certain key to press...

playing x3r aswell

cheers
the four most important things iv'e found out,
1, your birth certificate is an apology letter from the condom factory.
2, dont argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experiance.
3, if gods watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining,
4, Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Re: X3R Satellite use

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Tue, 13. Apr 10, 14:53

theskibum wrote:Sorry to ask this, since I am sure it has been asked before, but I cannot seem to find exactly what I need.

Once I purchase an adv. satellite, how do I use it to see buy/sell prices in a given sector.

I purchased one and dropped it in the middle of Argon Prime, but when I am out of sector, or in sector for that matter, I cannot figure out how to obtain that info from it.

What is the command (keyboard input) path to get there?
Do I need any particular software installed in my ship?
thanks

PS One more question
Can I remove software from one ship and install in another? How?
You need Best buys/Best sales device to get info from sats. Select the Sat and then just use the keyboard shortcuts 5 and 6 keys to get the prices.

theskibum

Post by theskibum » Tue, 13. Apr 10, 16:11

Dumb question 2.
Best buy/sells is software installed on the current ship I am in, or do I have to install that on the satellite itself?

dryfus3368
x3tc

Post by dryfus3368 » Tue, 13. Apr 10, 16:30

in x3r just the ship your in

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Tue, 13. Apr 10, 17:04

When talking about sats it is just needed on the ship your in. In X3R that works for any of your ships as well, but X3TC made it so your ships need it installed themselves (but if you have a sat in that sector, you can always just select that instead).

For using adv sats to help with station placing press k when the sector map is visible and then zoom in using the home/end keys and numb pad 5 to centre the camera on any object you wish.

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 01:18

I just use advanced satelites to see, thats it. Just by revealing a sector, you can click on any station and see it's stock information.

I like to get every friendly sector covered pretty early in the game so i can easily find equipment i need or when hunting BBS missions. If hunting BBS missions, i prefer go to all the stations with advanced items that are full - that way i can do trade and BBS hunting at the same time!

Also advanced satellites give me an idea of troublesome sectors, since i can check the message logs and see which sectors they are being destroyed in and then prioritize those sectors for my patrol vessels.
What intriguing weapons and shields will you use to protect your trade ships and sectors from the Khaak when your not home? unless you can afford capital ships *and luck* its all for nothing, NOTHING! Mwaahhhhahaha
*(amendment for TC since all the good strategy and planning is no longer enough, you also need luck)*

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 23:26

mystikmind2005 wrote:I just use advanced satelites to see, thats it. Just by revealing a sector, you can click on any station and see it's stock information.

I like to get every friendly sector covered pretty early in the game so i can easily find equipment i need or when hunting BBS missions. If hunting BBS missions, i prefer go to all the stations with advanced items that are full - that way i can do trade and BBS hunting at the same time!

Also advanced satellites give me an idea of troublesome sectors, since i can check the message logs and see which sectors they are being destroyed in and then prioritize those sectors for my patrol vessels.
You can use regular satellites to do all of that too, you know. There are only two things that the advance satellite has over the regular. It has a larger scanning circle, and they can help you place stations, as long as you are in-sector with one.

They do that by allowing you to see the 3D objects in the map view. (Although I've forgotten what the default key is, to activate it for the map.)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 23:48

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 15. Apr 10, 00:17

That's actually an X3TC FAQ, but iirc it's the same in X3R (give or take a bonus pack command).

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 15. Apr 10, 00:43

theskibum wrote:Dumb question 2.
Best buy/sells is software installed on the current ship I am in, or do I have to install that on the satellite itself?
Just to clarify, the proper names for the two softwares are Best Buys Locator and Best Selling Price Locator. And in Reunion, they're only available from the Teladi, at their equipment docks.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”