[X3TC] How do I repair a station

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

veelad
x3tc

[X3TC] How do I repair a station

Post by veelad » Mon, 19. Apr 10, 15:20

I have a Silicon Station in Unknown Terran sector 1 which is constantly being hammered by Xenon

I noticed my hull/hull plating is down about 20% and although my sheilds regenerated the hull is staying at around 80%

I run a vinilla game , no scipts etc, and I know that there is no repair laser in the vanilla game.

Does anyone have any suggestions or knowlage of how to get the station back upto 100%

On a different note, The good news is, only another 100K of crystals to collect from the original 750K I got lumbered with :shock:
There will be no Boom and Bust under my watch in the economy of my universe ROFLOL

travisdh1
x3tc

Post by travisdh1 » Mon, 19. Apr 10, 15:56

The only way to repair a station in vanilla is to use you're spacesuite's repair lazer.

Martin Head
xr

Post by Martin Head » Mon, 19. Apr 10, 15:58

Spoiler
Show
You can repair your own stations the same way as you can repair your own ships

Eject out of your ship, fly over to the station in your spacesuit, and use the repair laser in the spacesuit to repair the station (It may take a long while though)
Don't know if this warrented a spoiler, But just in case

Edit: Pipped at the post again.

Shaosil

Post by Shaosil » Mon, 19. Apr 10, 17:06

:o Really? I've been playing for at least a month and never built a station yet (I know I know, I just move slow) and I had no idea that's the only way to repair them. It takes forever to repair a little mecury... can't imagine how long it takes to repair a station!
Note that any question I ask is in regards to X3:TC unless otherwise stated.

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Mon, 19. Apr 10, 23:40

Should be able to find an NPC offering to repair your station for a reasonable rate. Check the sector with the station and the neighboring sectors.

Free minty air scrubbers with every purchase!
[ external image ]
The end of a trilogy does not mean an end to a series.
| Vanilla with strawberries? [List of Vanilla safe mods.] | Tired of the plots? [Plot Skipper Tool v0.5] |
| X3: R & TC Minimaps |

OD53
x4

Post by OD53 » Tue, 20. Apr 10, 00:40

I didn't even know the player could repair their own ships in space nor stations, are the repair lasers equiped to all space suits or do you have to buy them?
I'am the conquere of worlds!

I'am the destroyer of all life of which that opposses me!

I'am the 'Oblivious Destroyer the 53rd'

a.k.a. OD53 :D

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Tue, 20. Apr 10, 01:08

OD53 wrote:I didn't even know the player could repair their own ships in space nor stations, are the repair lasers equiped to all space suits or do you have to buy them?
Only the player (you) have the ability and it depends on the game.

Reunion doesn't have it, it was introduced in Terran Conflict. But regardless, I bet it takes a very, very, long time to repair any station damage with it.

What I find strange is that some ships have a repair laser listed as a compatible laser, yet no repair laser exists in TC.

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Tue, 20. Apr 10, 02:04

iirc Repair Laser/Mining Laser/Tractor Beam all share one laser slot in the settings.

veelad
x3tc

Post by veelad » Tue, 20. Apr 10, 15:50

Thanks for the info guys

I cannot believe I didn't try my space suit repair laser DOH :o

As one poster said, it takes an eon to repair a ship, I'm not looking forward to repairing my station in a Xenon infested sector, I tried looking for an NPC to repair the station, but as yet, no joy

SO, looks like the old space suit again

cheers all
There will be no Boom and Bust under my watch in the economy of my universe ROFLOL

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Tue, 20. Apr 10, 16:43

Aro wrote:Should be able to find an NPC offering to repair your station for a reasonable rate. Check the sector with the station and the neighboring sectors.

Free minty air scrubbers with every purchase!
Are you sure this is in vanilla?

And as for taking forever to repair something, I proudly present,

SETA REPAIR FOR DUMMIES!

> Why SETA repair?
Ever find your self wasting precious minutes repairing that M3? Well, with SETA repair, you can cut down on repairing time by a factor of 10!

> How much will it cost me?
SETA repair on a ship will only cost you 252 credits, the cost of one SETA. If however, you want to repair something bigger, say for example a M1 or a station, then it will cost slightly more. But it is much, much cheaper than getting a ship repaired at a shipyard.

> Free and fast repairs? Cool! How do I conduct a SETA repair?
Read on to find out :)

SECTION A
-Repairing a ship.

1. Fly/Command the ship that is to be repaired to dock at a place that sells the SETA.

2. Save, buy SETA and then un-dock (or just un-dock if you already have SETA).

3. Strafe away from the docking clamp so that your ship is won't come in the way of ships that are trying dock.

4. Eject SETA from your ship.

5. Eject yourself from your ship.

6. Fly into the ejected SETA. You should now have SETA on board your space suit.

7. Target and aim at your ship and press and hold Ctrl+J.

8. You should now be firing your repair laser and have SETA activated at the same time. A repair that would normally take 10 minutes now will only take one!

9. Once your ship is repaired, re-dock and buy SETA again. (It helps to have the docking computer as you won't have to wait for the auto-pillock to dock)

SECTION B
-Repairing a station.

Since stations will take much longer to repair and they cannot move, there are a few changes in the method.

1. Get a Panther (or a M1 if you can afford it) and fill up all the docking bays with cheap M5s which all have SETA on them.

2. Fly your carrier next to your station.

3. Eject SETA from your carrier.

4. Use the same Ctrl+J method described in section A.

5. You will have to keep an eye on your oxygen as you only have 2 hours of it. (10 minutes real time at SETA X10)

6. When you are low on oxygen, enter your carrier again.

7. Open the docked ships menu and transfer a SETA over from one of the M5s.

8. Repeat steps 3 through 6 until station is repaired.

If you have any questions, let me know :)

Original idea by EmperorJon, guide by Technojerk36. © AceTech. 2010
My "for Dummies" guides: Trade Command Software Mk III | Advanced Satellites | X3: TC (Co-author: K-64) | SETA Repair
Xenon_Slayer wrote:maybe we'll have extreme weather pingpong at some point

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Tue, 20. Apr 10, 20:33

No NPC repair offers in vanilla X3TC (there was in X3R).

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

OD53
x4

Post by OD53 » Wed, 21. Apr 10, 01:24

perkint wrote:No NPC repair offers in vanilla X3TC (there was in X3R).

Tim
I'm just wondering considering I have seen this many many times, what does X3tc Vanilla mean or what is it?
I'am the conquere of worlds!

I'am the destroyer of all life of which that opposses me!

I'am the 'Oblivious Destroyer the 53rd'

a.k.a. OD53 :D

Catra

Post by Catra » Wed, 21. Apr 10, 02:19

TC vanilla = no addons from the S&M section.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 21. Apr 10, 03:19

Threesixtyci wrote:What I find strange is that some ships have a repair laser listed as a compatible laser, yet no repair laser exists in TC.
  • It does exist, but only in a form that is permenantly fitted to a space suit (c/f the Plasma Beam Cannon on the Laser Towers).
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Wed, 21. Apr 10, 04:43

OD53 wrote:I have seen this many many times, what does X3tc Vanilla mean or what is it?
There are two different X3 games - X3 Reunion and X3 Terran Conflict. Otherwise known as X3R and X3TC :)

X3TC is a standalone update to X3R with a fair bit of extra stuff and differences.

Vanilla is used to mean "plain" (vanilla food flavouring is sometimes considered a base variety with anything else eg strawberry being not plain). In this context it means the base game with no 3rd party add on scripts or mods.

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Wed, 21. Apr 10, 05:17

Checking over the generic missions it seems the repair one was removed, how odd.

Looks like the SETA-suit repair method is needed. Should have it built in or bring back a method to repair stations via missions... could swear I saw one in TC, musta been late and seeing things.

Krytoss6
x3tc

Post by Krytoss6 » Wed, 19. May 10, 18:53

that SETA repair tip is a neat one

personally, i think it's silly that there isn't a repair laser in hangar bays. hell, why can't i just duct tape my space suit to the hangar ceiling in my TM and repair my ships like that?

IceFire909
x4

Post by IceFire909 » Thu, 17. Jun 10, 09:28

I'm actually suprised theres no NPC ships flying around that are purely for repair purposes (and personal profitss)
Incoming Message (4 New Messages)
Your Xenon K has Blue Screen of Death'd.
Your #deca CPU ship has 404'd.
Your Xenon P was docking and has stopped responding.
Your #deca.cefa has limited or no network connectivity.

Thunders

Post by Thunders » Fri, 2. Jul 10, 21:25

Technojerk36 wrote: 7. Target and aim at your ship and press and hold Ctrl+J.

8. You should now be firing your repair laser and have SETA activated at the same time. A repair that would normally take 10 minutes now will only take one!
Pressing and holding a key combination is a keyboard killer. I tested your trick with my second Aran. I won't be manually fixing M1s and M2s, that's for sure...

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Fri, 2. Jul 10, 22:29

Keyboard killer? What do you mean?
My "for Dummies" guides: Trade Command Software Mk III | Advanced Satellites | X3: TC (Co-author: K-64) | SETA Repair
Xenon_Slayer wrote:maybe we'll have extreme weather pingpong at some point

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”