[TC] Paranid start.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

abisha

Paranid start.

Post by abisha » Mon, 19. Apr 10, 15:52

hiya.
i started resently new game of the unholy paranid.

i have 6:30 hours spend and have atm 7,4 mil
i still got 48 hours to get the 25 mil.

i need advice sudden i mine Nividium, witch takes around 10 hours to get profit from it?

or sudden i focus on collecting unclaimed ships, doing missions and hope i get the 25 mil?

assets.
started in Heaven's Assertion

Skate Prototype
Demeter Hauler no tradeing system, no ore collector, no mineing drill

sold, Blastclaw Prototype
this is a unmodded game, and i wanna keep it unmodded

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Mon, 19. Apr 10, 16:15

IIRC, I got the 25mil (plus a little extra) in just over 7 game hrs.

I traded in e-cells 'til I had enough capital for a couple bigger TS's and started trading in Ore. And I did aquire a few of the free ships, and sold those worthless FBL's.

In fact I still have the Demeter Hauler that I started in, it supplies my build TL's with e-cells.

abisha

Post by abisha » Mon, 19. Apr 10, 16:21

weird.
E-cells are in high demand, but the amount of stations selling them are thin,
but selling ore have crossed my mind, but the amount of stations are very poorly.
also i do not have a tradeing system yet, first station selling it is in black hole witch is around 20 jumps.

also wanna add that human/terran relationship is pretty bad.
citizen of argon/ and still restricted to enter "core" systems

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Mon, 19. Apr 10, 16:26

I did the e-cell trade down in the Southeast corner of the universe (around Queen's Harbour) so I could get friendly with the Boron and be able to buy a Jumpdrive.

Skism
x3tc

Post by Skism » Mon, 19. Apr 10, 16:39

Ok You and me are very similar because I recently restarted the game as the Poisened paranid in Heavens Assertion, you have 7.4 Mill you say so that means you have working capital, to mine Nivdium you need: a Mobile drilling system/ a Hornet missile, tradingsystem extension, special command software, mineralscanner, Orecollector and a Nividum asteroid of course! :lol:

Gear you can find in ether Black Hole Sun Or OL nearest Nivid is in the unknownsector south of Menilasis Oasis make sure you have decent Boron Rep, buy JD from Aterus Head Quarters and some Energy then send a Freighter to OL (go to OL yourself in Skate) Note that when you get to OL you need to do a Terran mission.

Now I strongly recormend saving before going there in case there is no MDS in OL.

I am at a similar stage myself but I have:

Game clock reads 1 day 5 Hours
4 Freghters working Nivid

A ST in Grand exchange

Still only have the Skate as my Fighting ship (combat rank is getting unmanegely hard but hey :) )

Hauler in terran space aslo a Baldric in Terran space

A magnetar that I used to Transfer JD + sell cystal to Terran
a Buster Sentinal used as JD mule + spare capital if need be
Multiple M5s on forges keeping Terran eco alive

Sadly the Shadow missile forges in my game have already died :( however there are still Shadow missiles on the Defen stations and I am hoping to get my Terran rank high enough to buy them before they go.

Oh and I have 17 Mill of Creds mind you I have 36 Hours to finish so maybe I better stop screwing around with Terrans and hope the PBG forges have not died by the time I get to them
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest."

-Thomas Paine-

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Making $

Post by Bill Huntington » Mon, 19. Apr 10, 19:25

Mining Niv is the easiest way to big $. But you have to set up for it. Both Perpetual and the Unknown to the SE of Atreus have 3 Niv Asteroids. If you want, restart knowing what you want to do.

I took the time to go all the way to Family Whi to claim the Iguana, did Taxi missions and made enough that way once your rank is high with a race. My start was in Preacher's Refuge. If you get to Kingdom End, the Niv mining there is very easy. An IRE is enough to break the small Niv asteroids.

Good luck.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

DiveBomberDave
x3

Post by DiveBomberDave » Tue, 20. Apr 10, 10:37

I got the 25 mil credits within the first day by doing fight missions & capping as many M3's as I could, also buying the cheap second hand M3's too and fixing them up...
The Skate prototype is an excellent capping ship whether u use PRG's or ID's for capping & by the time I stripped the blastclaw the Skate was pretty much fully armed from the start...

It was suprisingly easy actually I was panicing that I had to do it quick but once I was getting 2mil. cred assasination missions & 4/500k creds for each M6 from defend station missions I was there in no time...

I thought about doing the nividium thing but decided that it is too easy...
I was thinking a spaceweed complex in Sanctity of Corruption to get the cash for the mission, there is power there & you only need to keep linking 2 stations together...
Maybe even get more pirates coming up thru boron space to buy it & for u to cap....

There's some different ways you can think about if u dont want to do the nividium thing...

I also had to cruise up to OL to get my trading system extension & did the first terran & OFF missions while I was there...

abisha

Post by abisha » Tue, 20. Apr 10, 12:03

find the Skate Prototype a terrible ship, to slow and can't dodge anyhting.
claimed Advanced Barracuda yesterday witch is a lot better in general.

but yea this start is more easy then i first started thought it will be a lot more difficult.

what's the most difficult start to play?

DiveBomberDave
x3

Post by DiveBomberDave » Wed, 21. Apr 10, 04:27

abisha wrote:find the Skate Prototype a terrible ship, to slow and can't dodge anyhting.
claimed Advanced Barracuda yesterday witch is a lot better in general.
Hmmm.... I claimed the advanced barracuda the other day I looked at it as a replacement for the skate as it does have superior speed but I think the laser generator let it down... Which is important for a HEPT lover like me...

Unholy Traitor - I managed to kill the first wave of bounty hunters but while I was repairing my ship, the damn local cops picked me off in my spacesuit...
Very hard start...

Lost Lars - I'm not sure i want to be a peaceful goner...

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Wed, 21. Apr 10, 05:05

um.. Lost Lar is flying through 3 Xenon sectors with an Angel and a prayer.

Nividium would be the simplest method of completing the Poisoned start in 2.5. Wonder if OOS mining will be fixed in the next patch.
[ external image ]
The end of a trilogy does not mean an end to a series.
| Vanilla with strawberries? [List of Vanilla safe mods.] | Tired of the plots? [Plot Skipper Tool v0.5] |
| X3: R & TC Minimaps |

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”