x3tc 2.5 No mods - Hyperion location

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mwecom

x3tc 2.5 No mods - Hyperion location

Post by mwecom » Fri, 23. Apr 10, 02:22

Is there a best place to find a Hyperion for caping? Like a dream location far away from everybody and everything?

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Fri, 23. Apr 10, 02:31

I've seen Hyperions patrolling the Third Redemption-->Priest Refuge/Cardinal's Domain route. Those routes take the ships through Pirate controlled sectors (Desecrated Skies and Moo-Kye's Revenge) which provide good opprotunites to "liberate" some ships. If you're looking for a more out of the way place to steal the ships then using the HUB can prove fruitful.

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 23. Apr 10, 02:39

sometimes they can be spotted in heavens assertion(quite a big sector).

fairywhipper

Post by fairywhipper » Fri, 23. Apr 10, 03:39

Try perpetual sin. In my game the hyperion wonders into there a lot by itself. Strange, how a lonely Hyperion survives so long without company.

mwecom

Post by mwecom » Fri, 23. Apr 10, 10:32

Thanks. I will give those sectors a try. It seems like it might be hard to time hub change just right, but I may have a go.

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Fri, 23. Apr 10, 11:28

mwecom wrote:Thanks. I will give those sectors a try. It seems like it might be hard to time hub change just right, but I may have a go.
You don't have to time it right... just stick the Hub in there and take a peek every now and then, sooner or later you'll see one. The Hub gates aren't on a timer or anything...
[ external image ]
***modified***
"You can get more of what you want with kind words and a gun, than you can with just kind words" - Al Capone

DGBowman
x4

Post by DGBowman » Fri, 23. Apr 10, 11:31

I dropped a couple of NavSats in the area and then set a M5 to follow it. I found mine over in a sector near Trinity Sanctum. I'm doing the same for an Agammemnon now.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”