[X3TC Bonus Plugin] Commercial Agent (CAG)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 18. Feb 13, 19:38

I don't use CAG much but I use CLS a LOT....when this happens with a CLS I find that most times it is because the CLS pilot is better informed than I am.

Look for a Kha'ak cluster way out in the sector or some other hostile. Might be in the sector where he is idled or might be in the destination sector he wants to go to.

Malaras
x4

Post by Malaras » Mon, 18. Feb 13, 19:47

[ external image ]

If this helps, There is pirates in sector but it didn't bother them before? They been there pretty much entire time.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 19. Feb 13, 03:44

Malaras wrote:[ external image ]

If this helps, There is pirates in sector but it didn't bother them before? They been there pretty much entire time.
Possibility...your pilot just reached the level of qualification where he started listening to his radio. Before he reached that level he was just happily blundering along right past the pirates.

Malaras
x4

Post by Malaras » Tue, 19. Feb 13, 05:17

Timsup2nothin wrote:
Malaras wrote:[ external image ]

Possibility...your pilot just reached the level of qualification where he started listening to his radio. Before he reached that level he was just happily blundering along right past the pirates.
Ahh, yes. I remember reading that about radio talk last or 2nd to last rank i think.. Prolly what it is then, guess need to start building a fleet.

Thanks,

SirDeity
x3tc

Post by SirDeity » Wed, 7. Aug 13, 06:57

I just tried using CAG for the first time (sadly...), and am having a few difficulties. First off, I managed to get my fleet of 10 TS ships setup with CAG to collect ore for my Xenon Hub plot, but none of them seem to be using their jump drives! I don't have any idea why they insist of flying the long way from jump gate to jump gate. They have plenty of energy cells with jump drives and the CAG settings appear to be correct.

Please see the following images and tell me what I'm missing here, because at this rate it'd be faster for me to manually control every ship in my fleet, otherwise I'll never finish this darn tedious plot.

CAG Settings 1
CAG Settings 2
CAG Settings 3
CAG Settings 4
CAG Settings 5
CAG Settings 6
Ship Extensions

I created links to the images so my post wouldn't take up too much space. Let me know if you need them in a different format. Thanks!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 7. Aug 13, 08:42

Not in another format, but in a different forum. ;)

**Moved to X3TC/AP Scripts and Modding Forum**

According to your first screenshot your CAG is still Apprentice. He won't use the jumpdrive before he becomes Trader. See the Pilot qualifications section of the manual / first post of this thread for reference.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

SirDeity
x3tc

Post by SirDeity » Wed, 7. Aug 13, 19:38

I watched the CAGs tutorial on youtube here which says apprentice traders are limited to 4 jumps. I interpreted this to mean they could use jump drive but only up to 4 systems away.

Thanks for the clarification. This makes much more sense now.

RayF

Post by RayF » Thu, 15. Aug 13, 11:33

hello there,

I have posted in a thread a question about the CAG script. Iam just transferring the question here , that is more appropriate.

Please keep in mind that i am not criticizing anyone! I am just trying to understand the logic behind the sliders because in my mind they dont work as i understand them.

Copy paste follows from original post:

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Now, CAG script does NOT WORK as advertised..here is what i have and please let me know if I did anything wrong:

1) my teladianium complex is under-producing energy cells just be 2,000-3,300 per cycle.
2) Assigned a CAG to buy some EC (in the future he will sell other intermediates. ) energy Cells are Intermediate products.
3) Trader level is FA.
4) Trader duty is : Trader
5) I have the following settings:
-----> Purchase intermediate products : 5%
-----> Sell intermediate products : 80% (which based on manual it means: sell if level is more than 80% !)

so, my Ecells are almost down to 2%-3% and this stupid guy goes and sells ecells! he does this repetitively..

Did i do something wrong? or is it just bugged?

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

So, the way i understand this is this ::
Purchase intermediate products ONLY IF intermediate product is BELLOW 5%
Sell intermediate products ONLY IF intermediate product stock is MORE THAN 80%

obviously, iam wrong:)
can someone explain how they work?

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Thu, 15. Aug 13, 22:20

I believe it's Buy/purchase up to %
And Sell down to %

So switching your settings could fix it.

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, in the mean time, give it a shot. What have you got to lose.
Still life in the old dog yet...

RayF

Post by RayF » Fri, 16. Aug 13, 20:40

really? i got that from the manual ...hmmm..

is the creator around these forums?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 16. Aug 13, 20:50

Not anymore. However, I checked the German description of the CAG on the creator's own website (here) and it says the same as the description / manual in this topic. This may point to a bug in the CAG version of the BP.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

RayF

Post by RayF » Fri, 16. Aug 13, 20:58

checked the screenshot, and its not the same as mine..i may be using older version of the script.

How do i update to latest? can someone give me a link for english version...? how can i check my version????

so far i have confirmed that the sell intermediates product % is not used..even if i put 100% he sells !

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 16. Aug 13, 21:35

Yes, the BP version of the CAG is older than the unsigned one. To update to the latest version 3.4.04, download the script and the necessary libraries (the first two links in the "Handelsvertreter - Das Herunterladen" section on this site). Extract both archives afterwards to your X3 Terran Conflict directory or in case you're playing X3: Albion Prelude to the "addon"-directory. English text files are included in that download. Note though, that this version isn't signed and will therefore mark your savegame as *modified*.

Smellfire
x4

Post by Smellfire » Sat, 17. Aug 13, 16:07

Can anyone tell me how to get CAG and CLS working again in a vanilla game please?

I have played modified for a few years now, but want to start a new game and do the steam achievements for a different perspective.

When I start I get the message that I have to use 3.4.09 to use CLS and dont get the options for CLS/CAG on my freighters.

I have been using the plugin manager and have reverted to vanilla through that.

Any help appreciated, its a chore without CLS/CAG.

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Sat, 17. Aug 13, 17:09

You need the bonus pack installed. This won't give you the **modified** tag so you're still vanilla because you're using egosoft approved mods.

*edit* Sorry..didn't read the whole post. Thought you had a new installation. I'm not sure what to do in your case.
I am a rock in the wind, watch how I plummet!
Gamer Girl since 1981 Mistress of Heavy Landings since 1984 (BBC-B Elite)

Corei7 7700, 16GB Ram, MSI RX6700XT, Sidewinder FFB2, Kubuntu 22.04

Smellfire
x4

Post by Smellfire » Sun, 18. Aug 13, 17:11

Sorted, deleted the folder and then Verifed integrity of game cache in steam, reinstalled bonus pack and it works.

Its not as good as later versions though which is a shame :(

RayF

Post by RayF » Sat, 31. Aug 13, 17:17

X2-Illuminatus wrote:Yes, the BP version of the CAG is older than the unsigned one. To update to the latest version 3.4.04, download the script and the necessary libraries (the first two links in the "Handelsvertreter - Das Herunterladen" section on this site). Extract both archives afterwards to your X3 Terran Conflict directory or in case you're playing X3: Albion Prelude to the "addon"-directory. English text files are included in that download. Note though, that this version isn't signed and will therefore mark your savegame as *modified*.
ok guys one last question,
if i update is it going to mess up all my setups for cags,cls1 & 2?????

and more important will i be able to continue my progress from where i was????? or would i be forced to start new game?????????????????????????

many thanks.

Bandus
x4

Post by Bandus » Sun, 26. Jan 14, 09:22

First off, let me state I apologize if this qualifies as necromancy. I realize the last post date was a bit old but I have a question specifically related to the CAG script.

Basically, I built a self-sufficient (does not need outside resources) complex for energy cell generation. My plan was to generate tons of energy cells and use CAG to supply stations in the surrounding area with energy cells. So, the station has 300,000+ energy cells in stock. I have set a CAG ship up with the "Salesman" trader duty order. The CAG's homebase is set to the complex. However, it just sits there in "CAG on stand by" order and never goes to sell.

I'm very confused about why is isn't working the way I would expect. Any one have any thoughts on this? Thank you!

EDIT:

I just re-read the opening post of this thread and saw this:
Courier
The Courier handles not only resources, but also sells products. In addition, he can deal at Equipment Docks and Trade Stations; he can also be assigned to them. The Courier gets 20 credits per Mizura flown, paid after each flight.
I suspect this may be my problem as the CAGs are only Apprentice's...

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 27. Jan 14, 00:10

Bandus wrote:I suspect this may be my problem as the CAGs are only Apprentice's...
Probably. You can train CAG pilots by having them run CLS2 circles, or you can send your trade ship(s) to Heron's Nebula Trading Station, then fire the pilot. Heron's Nebula Trading Station has better quality pilots (for CAG or CLS only -- NOT ST/UT).

destroll
x3tc

Post by destroll » Wed, 29. Jan 14, 01:03

Heya folks, back again with another query for you all:

Why am I unable to start the commercial agent? o.O?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On my current installation of X3AP (version 3.1) I have the following mods installed and enabled:

The Bonus pack
Cycrow's cheat pack
Improved Races 2
Improved Kha'ak
TCAN Menudriven Full Auto Namng plugin
ADS
DCS2
Droid Mining and Trading
Litcube's Phanon Corp.
and Litcube's "Revelation"

I don't know of any compatibility issues between the version of CAG that is included with the AP bonus pack and the mods I have installed.
However, since I am still very new to the modding side of X3 I figured I'd start off with that in case there actually is a conflict in there somewhere.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the problem I am experiencing;

Started off by setting myself up a small hub in The Hole with 3 installations.
Grabbed one of the Mercurys I've been using as a UT and made sure it had all of the needed and suggested systems installed in the ship.
Set it's homebase to the hub.
Opened up the ship's command console, went to the trading options sub-menu, and found the command "Start commercial representation" is still greyed out and not selectable.

I then repeated this process with 3 other TSes I own as well as couple M5s since I noticed that they are listed as acceptable agents.
None of them worked.
The option to actually start the commercial agent routine seems to be unselectable no matter what I do.

Anyone have some ideas for me on how to get it to work???

Also, sorry for the long explanation.
Just wanted to provide as much relevant information about my problem as I can.
Conglomo Corp. "We own EVERYTHING."
CNGM on the GSE. Like us on Spacebook!
"Spacebook" is a registered trademark of the
Conglomo Corporation. ©MMCMXLVIII
"Conglomo, we even own YOU."

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”