[TC] Goner Astronaut doesnt spawn

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cougar81
x3tc

Goner Astronaut doesnt spawn

Post by Cougar81 » Mon, 26. Apr 10, 03:43

1. I am using Sector Takeover. Early in my game (before finishing the hub plot) I took over Gaian Star, the two unknown sectors and Maelstrom and made them my own area.

2. I started the Goner plot after this.

3. I get all the way through the Goner plot to rescue the astronaut in the space suit. I get sent to olmanketslatts treaty instead - red pirate base (pirates are otherwise friendly) Red syndicate pirates. I get commed by the guy asking for a rescue but then there is: No spacesuit. No mission directions. No cutscene.

4. Several borons are attacking the pirate base as I arrive.

-----------------------------------

Hopefully the goner plot is even remotely completeable without Gaian Star (after reading the description....... I think its unlikely).

The only reason I'm even doing the Goner plot is to do the Aldrin missions - whom IMHO have the worst pre-req's ever.

All I really want is to be able tp purchase Terran stations Sad

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 26. Apr 10, 03:57

shoulda gone with the ATF mod instead then :roll: :P

Cougar81
x3tc

Post by Cougar81 » Mon, 26. Apr 10, 04:03

okay. i''m certainly not averse to mods. Anyway to access the unique sectors without the aldrin missions? such as aldrin 2?

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Goner alternate for Gaian Star.

Post by Bill Huntington » Mon, 26. Apr 10, 04:09

Another TC mystery. Twice out of many times, I got switched to another location than Gaian star for the Goner plot. Twice I had lost the ship I was following. I knew where I was going, and I knew there was some time allowed to be out of contact. I just went too long. They sent me to Tears of Greed, and I forgot the other. I just reloaded and didn't follow it.

So there is an alternate if the main plot is not followed. This must be triggered in various ways. So something in what you have done triggered the alternate.

The Boron and other major races do attack pirate bases regularly. Once started, they don't stop. The Boron attack is probably screwing up the Goner plot for you. It could already be permanently damaged. It is possible that you could destroy the Boron force to find out. You could use the Tomahawk missile - change ship - jump out trick to avoid rep loss. If you just attack them, finish them with ramming to lessen rep loss.

Your other choice is to reload before the sector takeover, and do that after the Goner plot.

These TC programmers stay up late at night just to lay traps for us. That is what they do, and they are pretty good at it.

Good Luck, and please let know how it comes out, cougar 81.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Cougar81
x3tc

Post by Cougar81 » Mon, 26. Apr 10, 04:13

I'm fairly certain it has decided not to go to gaian star, because there is no pirate base in gaian star anymore 8)

Since there was a redirect to a different pirate sector i expected it could work. I've already used LV's cheats to see if the Boron's were the problem - i destroyed them b4 i got the comm about the spacesuit and that didnt seem to help. So far I've seta'd for a while once and it CTD for no reason while sitting next to the pirate base - im wondering if that was when it tried to recreate the astronaut. I'm trying it a second time atm.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Mon, 26. Apr 10, 17:57

I would be surprised if the plot is able to continue. You might do better to ask in the thread for the scripts you're using...

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 26. Apr 10, 18:02

Bill Huntington wrote:Another TC mystery. Twice out of many times, I got switched to another location than Gaian star for the Goner plot.
There are 4 random sectors it can use, I think.
Cougar81 wrote:I'm fairly certain it has decided not to go to gaian star, because there is no pirate base in gaian star anymore 8)
Plot stations are generally created by the plots (and are usually invincible), so it's unlikely to be the same one.

From a brief look at the code I don't see any obvious reason it would fail due to STO, but you're probaby better off asking in the STO thread (or modding it in somehow, as I mentioned in your TXU thread).

Cougar81
x3tc

Post by Cougar81 » Mon, 26. Apr 10, 19:55

Just an update: I tried going back to a save prior to following the ship - got sent to Hatikvah's faith instead - directed to the pirate anarchy port there and still no astronaut spawned. The Pirate anarchy port was not red either like in olmankeslats. I also tried blowing up the station in olmankeslats (out of frustration) and it was invincible.

some perspective I have gained from this experience:

1. Like I have posted previously, it's my opinion that Egosoft really made a wise decision to allow their product to be modified by the community. I will most likely use the ATF shipyard mod to circumvent this problem. It's not the best solution but at least it IS one. So many other games companies would simply abandon an aged product and push users into another upgrade channel.

2. Unfortunately it's also my opinion that making *other* missions a pre-req is not a wise decision :oops: Basically, you can accept that a mission might be breakable. I am pretty bummed the Goner mission is probably not completeable under this start (and as others have pointed out i could just restart and "cheat" my way back to where i am (not easy, since i've finished HUB, Terran and OFF). When a breakable mission prevents you from starting another mission or especially a mission as important as gaining access to Terran stations (with the really poor Terran economy taken into consideration) - that is quite a bit more to swallow.

I realize the game and the Aldrin Missions is aged and this has probably been said on these forums before (i do search these forums a LOT) let my voice join the crowd in saying, I believe the pre-reqs on the Aldrin missions should not include other missions :) Thanks :)

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 26. Apr 10, 20:22

Some missions have others as pre-reqs because it's part of an ongoing story (e.g. Hub, HQ - one which I really would prefer wasn't a pre-req). Others require rewards from previous missions (e.g. the UFJD from the Goner plot is needed for TREC, iirc).
Cougar81 wrote:Basically, you can accept that a mission might be breakable.
Um, no?

If a mission is breakable in a vanilla game, that's a bug and it needs to be fixed. Making missions stand-alone because they might be broken by modifying the game isn't really Egosoft's problem (since you can break anything by modding the game). You broke it, you fix it :p.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”