About X3:Tc, LAA and Steam

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

N4N
x3tc

About X3:Tc, LAA and Steam

Post by N4N » Mon, 26. Apr 10, 13:33

Quick explanation of situation:
-I have X3: Gold, boxed version
-I installe don my old PC, no problems. Now I installed on my new PC, many problems, they told me to apply LAA patch, I did, and game work fine. With stupid ***modified*** tag, but working game.
-Ok, yesterday I activated my serial with STEAM, and to prevent donwloading 7 GB I just copy game files as described on FAQ.
-It worked ok, no problem. However, My X3:Tc.exe was modified because of LAA patch, and I copied it to Steam game folder, together with the rest of game files.
-Which take me to the final question:

Is LAA patch applied allready on steam version(since I copy my .exe file), or I have to patch it again?
Because to get LAA problem solved on Steam game, is a hell more complicated than on boxed version :shock:

You can sugest: try and see if its patch or not. Well I tried, but I think is not applied, I have to check more in detail.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 26. Apr 10, 13:37

The LAA patch should not make your game modified. If your game is showing as modified then something else has happened.

The LAA patch is not already applied on the Steam version, but since you had already applied it to the EXE file that you copied to the Steam folder, your game should have it applied. That is the process for applying it to the Steam version so I'm not sure why you think it is more complicated.

N4N
x3tc

Post by N4N » Mon, 26. Apr 10, 22:33

CBJ wrote:The LAA patch should not make your game modified. If your game is showing as modified then something else has happened.

The LAA patch is not already applied on the Steam version, but since you had already applied it to the EXE file that you copied to the Steam folder, your game should have it applied. That is the process for applying it to the Steam version so I'm not sure why you think it is more complicated.
What to say, I only applied LAA patch and I got modified game, I didnt install anything else. I think that can be easilly checked. Please tell me what you need me to provide to you and I do.

As for .exe in Steam, I thougth steam will donwload a new .exe file and replace, since I saw steam downloading something even If I copied the whole folder, So I thougth Steam check the integrity of the game and if see some changes, he just donwload un-modified .exe file.

PeyoteCoyote
x4

Post by PeyoteCoyote » Mon, 26. Apr 10, 22:59

I don't know what to say either... I came across some of your threads and the LAA patch changing your tag to 'modified' when I was looking for solutions to some of my own problems. I just hit the point I didn't care if I had a modified tag, as long as I could play it. I used the patch... and I didn't get a modified tag.

mad_axeman
x3tc

Post by mad_axeman » Tue, 27. Apr 10, 00:03

It should be noted that some AV products can cause the modified tag to appear. I vaguely recollect some people having issues with one particular program, but can't remember which one it was.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 27. Apr 10, 00:05

McAfee, mostly.

Also, Custom starts are always modified.

N4N
x3tc

Post by N4N » Tue, 27. Apr 10, 00:35

Carlo the Curious wrote:McAfee, mostly.

Also, Custom starts are always modified.
Now I remember, I used the ASteroid seeker utility(the one that export all asteroids to a map that you can see), do you think that can be the one gave me modified tag? :?

By the Way I was playing Steam version for a while, and no, I dont think LAA patch is activated(even if in my previous installation it was) PErformance drop a lot and I got this small problem of HUD dissapear for few seconds. Something that I dont have on previous installation.

So I think I have to apply to LAA to steam version again.
:(

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 27. Apr 10, 00:36

N4N wrote:Now I remember, I used the ASteroid seeker utility, do you think that can be the one gave me modified tag? :?
Yes.

N4N
x3tc

Post by N4N » Tue, 27. Apr 10, 12:21

Carlo the Curious wrote:
N4N wrote:Now I remember, I used the ASteroid seeker utility, do you think that can be the one gave me modified tag? :?
Yes.

:shock:

I used it back in reunion, I didnt knew it may happen :(
But when I talk about asteroid seeker, i mean this one:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 39#3034339

:shock:
well then, letting aside the ***modified*** tag, going back to topic.
My Steam version doesnt have LAA enabled, but the way they mention to activate it on steam, is installing DVd, and apply LAA patch, and copy back to steam folder, but when I do so, Steam donwload a few Kbs(I think he donwload the new .exe again) so LAA patch never applies :(

Any help?

GBlair4811
x4

Post by GBlair4811 » Wed, 28. Apr 10, 21:00

Try running the .exe manually if I am right I think with the copy protection off it should work.

Edit: I mean the .exe for LAA, I think this should override anything steam tries to do. If you run the original exe steam has downloaded it will still run through steam. If you run the exe VIA steam it will check the files and if they are not the correct size etc compared to the steam database it will replace them with steam's copy. When you copy the LAA .exe file, run it manually via the folder or self created desktop shortcut.

I could be entirely wrong with this but I think this is what you need to do.

N4N
x3tc

Post by N4N » Wed, 28. Apr 10, 23:21

GBlair4811 wrote:Try running the .exe manually if I am right I think with the copy protection off it should work.

Edit: I mean the .exe for LAA, I think this should override anything steam tries to do. If you run the original exe steam has downloaded it will still run through steam. If you run the exe VIA steam it will check the files and if they are not the correct size etc compared to the steam database it will replace them with steam's copy. When you copy the LAA .exe file, run it manually via the folder or self created desktop shortcut.

I could be entirely wrong with this but I think this is what you need to do.
That was the idea, but cant patch the 2.6 .exe, because patch for LAA doesnt recognise it :cry:

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 28. Apr 10, 23:22

You don't need to post the same thing 3 times...

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Wed, 28. Apr 10, 23:29

I was able to check the LAA flag on the 2.6 .ini from Steam about an hour ago. No special steps necessary like with the 2.5 update. Use the Steam menu to verify your game cache if it is not modified with scripts, then do the CFF Explorer thing to the 2.6 .ini file, and your all set. (Don't forget to make a backup!!!)

N4N
x3tc

Post by N4N » Wed, 28. Apr 10, 23:32

Carlo the Curious wrote:You don't need to post the same thing 3 times...
hehehe, true, sorry, but since I had the issue opened, I just wanted to clear issue in all places :D
Sorry for that

Baddieus, what did you did????????

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 28. Apr 10, 23:46

Asking the same question is multiple threads is not a good idea either.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”