2.6 + Hyperion Vanguaqrd in Boron Shipyard

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

PQTaggart
x3tc

2.6 + Hyperion Vanguaqrd in Boron Shipyard

Post by PQTaggart » Fri, 30. Apr 10, 15:14

Hi,

Nothing major but I thought I'd report it anyway: If you're docking with a Hyperion Vanguard in that fancy Boron Shipyard during the New Home mission, you won't be able to get out anymore (without tricks). Once you undock, your beauty crashes into the ceiling or the station doors and disappears from this reality.
Vanilla patched from 2.5 to 2.6, BonusPack installed, started as Erin.

Workaround: load older save and dock with the TM you just previously used or change the ship in the station and undock the Hyperion while OOS.

But the mission is really great!! Hard to avoid these buggers in New Frontier and it's cool not to win only by shooting badies but by thinking (a bit).
Never give up! Never surrender!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 30. Apr 10, 16:29

Nothing to do with 2.6 as that has always happened in vanilla with wide/big M6 such as Hyperion and Springblossom in all race Supershipyards with internal docking for M6 (also some other stations with projections near the docks and other usually safe stations with a wide ship docked next to you). The quickest and easiest workaround is to just order your ship (with you still on board) to fly to/dock at/jump to somewhere. When the AI undocks your ship the collision detection is off until you are clear of the station doors etc.

PQTaggart
x3tc

Post by PQTaggart » Fri, 30. Apr 10, 20:04

Ooops, thanks for the hint. Never realized that maybe because I only used to dock on stations with external docking arrays. There sure is a reason why these arrays were put in place ! ;)
Never give up! Never surrender!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”