[TC] Hey commander split you should have given me heads up...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

5i1
x3tc

Hey commander split you should have given me heads up...

Post by 5i1 » Sun, 2. May 10, 08:17

...that the person who I am being told to get the data storage, also left the minefield at center of the OFF mission sector so when I jump into the sector my ship spawns in the minefield and dies the moment the loading screen ends. Someone needs to fire him for failing to do his duty properly. I mean that IS pertinent info for someone about the jump into a dangerous sector.

I'm referring to OFF m2.
Has this happened to anyone else before? :lol:

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 2. May 10, 08:21

I've certainly never encountered a minefield in that sector. Are you running a modified game?

5i1
x3tc

Post by 5i1 » Sun, 2. May 10, 08:27

Yes I'm running a few mods. I don't believe any of them do anything like this though. The split said he was laying a minefield and got killed, so I assumed that the field is randomly spawned in the sector since this is about my 5th run through of the game and this never happened before.

I'll just reload the save before the this mission to make sure. The point of the thread was half lol and half curious if this happened to anyone else before.

EDIT: I have discovered that it is the sector background mod that is doing this. Apparently the sector is inside a planet. :( I guess I'll cheat past this one somehow, as i don't want to restart the game again. (not now at least)

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 2. May 10, 12:25

That is why I always have an unmodified game that I can go to,if ever I decide to use a script or mod.
Careful use of the save-game manager helps too.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”