Problems with UT's running into Destroyers

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

master9

Problems with UT's running into Destroyers

Post by master9 » Mon, 3. May 10, 02:42

Recently, I finally got a small fleet of traders milling about the galaxy. The problem I've run into is that there's a khaak fleet in Ore Belt with a carrier and a destroyer, and my UT's seem to have some kind of fetish for getting themselves blown up by these thing.

Is there any way to prevent this, or are the universal traders just useless? I've invested many hours and a whole lot of cash into this thing and it hasn't come close to paying itself off, and I can't figure any way to keep it useful with this problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 3. May 10, 02:45

Assuming you can't kill the Kha'ak (and if you can afford a UT fleet, you might well be able to), your best bet is probably just to restart them somewhere a long way off.

Also, which game?

master9

Post by master9 » Mon, 3. May 10, 02:48

Reunion. Right now my fleet consists of one nice UT, and a pair of smaller ships that are still ST's, so I don't have a whole lot of capital.

Any suggestions on how to kill it (outside of big capital ships)?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 3. May 10, 03:06

Get it to chase you round OB, there's got to be a chance it will hit one of the roids

DocJohnZoidberg
x4

Post by DocJohnZoidberg » Mon, 3. May 10, 03:17

LV wrote:Get it to chase you round OB, there's got to be a chance it will hit one of the roids
He must be speaking from experience. Han tried it on him and several ships were destroyed.

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Mon, 3. May 10, 04:09

DocJohnZoidberg wrote:
LV wrote:Get it to chase you round OB, there's got to be a chance it will hit one of the roids
He must be speaking from experience. Han tried it on him and several ships were destroyed.
That...

was awesome. :D
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 3. May 10, 04:30

Most other options are probably too expensive for you right now (an old thread). Lastertowers might work.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 3. May 10, 09:56

There's an old trick called "Devil's Eye", where you find the blind spot ,virtually inside the rear of the destroyer ,and just pound away with anything you have.

Tried it once...great firework display :D

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Mon, 3. May 10, 14:33

Does reunion let you build stations?
One handy strat in TC is to hire a TL, fill it up with cheap stations (around 300-400K each), and then building them ON the destroyer. Stations have superior health and shielding, meaning the destroyers go BOOM.

grim company
x3tc

Post by grim company » Mon, 3. May 10, 14:44

you could try mass drivers?
hit and run tactics till he drops, thats what i do.. take time with only 2 tho... 8)
[ external image ]
"You've Never felt Safer"
proud captain of the "nightbringer" Unholy Fury (A Join-In DiD by Captain CAVEMAN!!!)

haafie

Post by haafie » Mon, 3. May 10, 15:00

Nobody is able to trade with the stations there so your traders will see the largest margin of profit there. If you're not up to destroying carriers and destroyers...

you may want to get the Sector Lock script. You can tell your traders to simply avoid 'dangerous' places until you are powerful enough to take them on.
Spoiler
Show
Alternatively you can look for the camouflage script. The Kha'ak will ignore ships with this device installed and activated.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 3. May 10, 18:44

A Corvette with a dozen or so Firestorm Torpedoes should manage to kill the destroyer or carrier.

If you just want them dead and don't mind cheating, that's the quickest way to eliminate the buggers.

Phier
x3tc

Post by Phier » Tue, 4. May 10, 04:17

If you don't mind using scrips, get the sector lock script, problem solved. You can block of any sector, good for pirate sectors and invaded ones.

I can't run UTs without it without pulling out my hair.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”