Terran M2 Weapons Fire Range

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sister101
x3tc

Terran M2 Weapons Fire Range

Post by Sister101 » Mon, 3. May 10, 09:59

i looked over the forum and i did not found any topic about this unless i over looked it.

i have noticed that when you mount EMPC on an Terran M2 you still have a 2km fire range, and other weapons like the PPC it has a 6km+ range
i cant even get close to Xenon capital ships then i get fraged as they have a weapons range advantage over me, and the Terran M2 only have 3 weapon systems you can mount and they all have a sort range 2-3km.

will the V.6 patch fix this ?

Canefox
x3tc

Post by Canefox » Mon, 3. May 10, 10:15

Well I don't know why you would put EMPCs on an Osaka. The PSP, the Terran's main capital ship weapon, has a range just under the PPC. Also, don't forget that Terran ships are monstrously shielded compared to many other races. An Osaka can take plenty of punishment from a Xenon K which has both less total shields and slower recharge rate.

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Mon, 3. May 10, 10:40

You should never ever be putting EMPCs on an Osaka, they are a weapon for fighters and really underwhelming on a ship that large. It's sort of like in RL, giving the Bismarck an AK-47 as its primary armament. :wink:

Get hold of some Point Singularity Projectors and Starburst Shockwave Cannons, and go kick some Xenon butt.

Sister101
x3tc

Post by Sister101 » Mon, 3. May 10, 10:51

Cool thanx for the tip now I can go park my Ray and take the Osaka on a fragging spree.I never would have thought that the PSP is the main weapons I am so use to the EMPC in X3 Reunion that the Odins there have a weapons range of almost 9km ,so I thought they are also the main weapons on the Osaka in X3Tc and they will propably get a range boost or something :lol: pitty though I cant Buy and Odin or Agir with out using a mod ofc or steal one.

I guess I have to put up some PSP factories to get my own weapons since they are not fully stocked at stations

Thanx for advice guys.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”