Deploy satellite network question (X3TC)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cobra mk2
x4

Deploy satellite network question (X3TC)

Post by cobra mk2 » Tue, 4. May 10, 22:33

When you use the deploy satellite network command, does the pilot avoid any sectors such as xenon or pirate sectors when distributing the satellites?
"Out of the dirt, into the sky"

rujikin
x3tc

Post by rujikin » Tue, 4. May 10, 23:00

I just tried doing it and i flew around plutark in ore belt for about 5 mins before I gave up
Using X3 AP + All TC plots enabled

cobra mk2
x4

Post by cobra mk2 » Tue, 4. May 10, 23:03

What i meant was when you give the command to one of your ships OOS does he avoid some sectors like a UT would?
"Out of the dirt, into the sky"

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Tue, 4. May 10, 23:14

Yep they seem to avoid sectors, think it runs off of its friend/foe settings.

Only annoying thing I ran in to was refilling the supply of AdvSats.
[ external image ]
The end of a trilogy does not mean an end to a series.
| Vanilla with strawberries? [List of Vanilla safe mods.] | Tired of the plots? [Plot Skipper Tool v0.5] |
| X3: R & TC Minimaps |

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 4. May 10, 23:14

Yes, it avoids hostile sectors.

And rujikin, you're supposed to use an AI-controlled ship for this, not your player ship. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

rujikin
x3tc

Post by rujikin » Wed, 5. May 10, 00:00

Nanook wrote:Yes, it avoids hostile sectors.

And rujikin, you're supposed to use an AI-controlled ship for this, not your player ship. :wink:
We really need a little (AI) next to commands to tell what is AI controlled only :shock:
Using X3 AP + All TC plots enabled

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Wed, 5. May 10, 00:12

deleted
Last edited by tatakau on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 11:38, edited 1 time in total.

brattbags01
x3tc

Post by brattbags01 » Wed, 5. May 10, 10:19

Aro wrote:Yep they seem to avoid sectors, think it runs off of its friend/foe settings.

Only annoying thing I ran in to was refilling the supply of AdvSats.
Not sure about the freind/foe settings, all my UT's have been told that Pirates are definatley NOT our freinds but i've lost count of the number of ships i've lost in Spaceweed Grove (Pirate sector)

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Wed, 5. May 10, 20:17

It does go off the friend/foe settings, yeah.

@brattbags01 - your problem is that the trade command use the friend/foe settings to decide which stations they can trade with, not which sectors they can go into. Spaceweed Grove is a pirate sector alright, but it has some Teladi stations in it and I bet you haven't got them set to foe...

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Sat. coverage

Post by Bill Huntington » Wed, 5. May 10, 20:43

cobra mk2, like many things in TC, the automated thing is okay, but you can do a job much better.

Placing satellites is an example. I believe the AI simply puts a Sat at 0,0. But that can miss the most important thing about having Sat. coverage - seeing a gate. If you can see a gate, you find an ambush waiting for you, or the target for an assassination mission. If you have one or two gates covered and nothing shows, you can still deduce where a target is from that information.

So I put up satellites as part of entering a sector. I cover one gate, or two if I can, and put the Sat at 21.5. I edge toward the center, but keep gate coverage. I put up more Sats in a sector when I have enough $.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

IceFire909
x4

Post by IceFire909 » Wed, 5. May 10, 20:47

If you don't care too much about vanilla then you could use Universal Explorers. In one game I had 4 that scanned roids, deployed sats across the entire galaxy. They even buy junk they need too and you can set priorities between
Finding new sector
Scanning Roids
Buying Equipment
Deploying satellites
Incoming Message (4 New Messages)
Your Xenon K has Blue Screen of Death'd.
Your #deca CPU ship has 404'd.
Your Xenon P was docking and has stopped responding.
Your #deca.cefa has limited or no network connectivity.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Sat. coverage

Post by Nanook » Wed, 5. May 10, 21:59

Bill Huntington wrote:...
Placing satellites is an example. I believe the AI simply puts a Sat at 0,0. ...
Nope. You give it a starting position, and the satellite deployer will place a satellite at those exact coordinates in every possible sector. So theoretically, you could have it place the first set, issue the command again for different coordinates, place those, and repeat as necessary. You're only limited by the availability of satellites. And you can also designate whether you want them to drop regular Navigation Satellites or Advanced Satellites.

If you're going to drop them in as much of the universe as possible, you really don't want to waste all your playing time doing it yourself, do you? :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

brattbags01
x3tc

Post by brattbags01 » Wed, 5. May 10, 22:13

perkint wrote:It does go off the friend/foe settings, yeah.

@brattbags01 - your problem is that the trade command use the friend/foe settings to decide which stations they can trade with, not which sectors they can go into. Spaceweed Grove is a pirate sector alright, but it has some Teladi stations in it and I bet you haven't got them set to foe...

Tim
Ha ! your a genious my freind :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”