[TC] poltergeist , shadow, ghoul missiles out of stock help

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cnecktor
x3

poltergeist , shadow, ghoul missiles out of stock help

Post by cnecktor » Thu, 6. May 10, 16:03

I need some poltergeist, shadow, ghoul missiles every Terran sector so far that I have been to dose not have any. I got earth accessed but I have not finished the Terran plot. I need some badly for the split fight how do they expect me to go into battle with no weapons? Any body know where or how I can get these misses even if you know a script or mod. I never seen anything like this before stay out of stock of all missiles for a whole week real time.

PeyoteCoyote
x4

Post by PeyoteCoyote » Thu, 6. May 10, 16:07

I've always set up a few sector and universe traders in terran space to keep the weapon factories supplied. I've even set up some manual trade runs to supply the PSP and SSC factories so I could outfit M2's. As long as I keep the factories supplied then they keep on producing.

If you're talking about the split fight in the unknown sector next to ZD, one workaround that has worked for me a couple times is to not engage them at first. The story progressed even though I let all the scabbards get shot down and eventually all that is left is the TL and Odin with all the fighters attacking the Odin. I then casually ambled up behind them and took them out one by one, without having a single one engage me since their focus is on the Odin. I assume it would work this way every time.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Thu, 6. May 10, 17:34

The terrans are literally starving. They have enough of everything else but food products. There is just not enough protien paste, carbo cake and MREs makeing it onto the market to keep things going. What does correct the situation in a big way is a complex that produces those three lacking wares.

Early in a game there is really nothing that can be done. The traders you send up that way will snag on the exact same things the other terran traders are hung up on. Once you set up a food produceing complex everything up in terran space takes off once the end product makes it to the factories.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 6. May 10, 17:55

IMO the terran economy would be in a much better shape if the logistic dock prices changed like every other station.

Dantrithor
x3tc

Post by Dantrithor » Thu, 6. May 10, 18:13

Question:

Can you -eventually- build all the factories required to feed the terran weapons factories?

And

Will the Terran economy, once you build such complex(es), revive? As in, will weapons forges begin to return to the terran sectors?

Thanks!

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Thu, 6. May 10, 18:31

Even better: You will be able to build your own Terran weapons factories. Not everything, but most.

PeyoteCoyote
x4

Post by PeyoteCoyote » Thu, 6. May 10, 18:32

Question:

Can you -eventually- build all the factories required to feed the terran weapons factories?
"Eventually" yes, when you finish the aldrin missions. (Protein paste anyway, seems like there were other food ones missing)

I've never had a problem keeping missle factories supplied because I've never had a problem finding c-rations. MRE's are a pain.
IMO the terran economy would be in a much better shape if the logistic dock prices changed like every other station.
I definately agree. everything disappears way too fast and doesn't repleshing nearly quick enough. However, it does provide a pretty good market opportunities when you can start producing some of the wares yourself, plus a place to sell them that you are guaranteed an average price. (At least til they fill up.)

As a sidenote, you can get quite a bit of the food you need for terran factories by bartering, but the piddly quantities usually don't end up worth the effort. You can keep factories supplied, even early in the game, but it takes a lot of micromanaging and is a big enough pain that it's better to focus on one or two select factories for what you want, at least til you can build your own.

cnecktor
x3

Post by cnecktor » Thu, 6. May 10, 19:25

So if I want these weapons to be in stock I should help them end there food shortages?

PeyoteCoyote
x4

Post by PeyoteCoyote » Thu, 6. May 10, 19:52

So if I want these weapons to be in stock I should help them end there food shortages?
Not just food, but whatever primary good the factory is short of. Otherwise you have to wait til you can build your own.

Cougar81
x3tc

Post by Cougar81 » Thu, 6. May 10, 20:33

I believe part of the problem is that Water is priced incorrectly.

At the orbital supply base (?) water is priced at 32 credits (in comparison to other race trade stations that would indicate this is the avg price) However, the max price (0 quantity at other stations) is 35 credits. Water purification plants are hardly ever full (if ever, i've never seen one even if i have a trader constantly stocking it with ice). Generally you cant buy water for less than 42 credits. This of course means, that the stations never get water so they eventually get removed.

I have been wanting to look into this for more concrete info (.dat files and all that) - but i am not sure how to go about all that - and tbh am a little nervous about playing around in game files as I certainly wouldnt know what i was doing :)

@the OP -- Check out the ATF shipyard mod in the scripts forum - if you're willing to modify your game - these stations are available if you have the appropriate USC rep. I highly recommend anyone to use this mod as it's a different experience setting up a Terran complex than other races. Their stations are interestingly compact. (Ghoul stations do not work in a complex however, and you will have to keep those seperate. Ghoul missles are not generally necessary edit: i've been using outdated stats for Ghoul missiles and so have considered them not very useful, when this was in fact incorrect. Using their appropriate stats they are very useful indeed.)
Last edited by Cougar81 on Fri, 7. May 10, 05:42, edited 1 time in total.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 6. May 10, 20:41

From a quick look, Water has the same NPC relval & pricing variation as Delexian Wheat.

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 6. May 10, 20:44

sector traders (with +1 range in venus, jupiter 2 saturn 2, and +2 range in nepture) pan out the situation just fine.

also you can setup your own trade stations, and lower the prices that way (and make every terran in the SOL system buy from you, makes for interesting in system travelling ^_^).

cnecktor
x3

Post by cnecktor » Fri, 7. May 10, 05:06

I have to get me a few of them Terran missile factories.

Cougar81
x3tc

Post by Cougar81 » Fri, 7. May 10, 05:38

Thanks for looking Carlos - the only thing I can say to that is maybe because Delaxian wheat has more demand it works? Being a secondary resource for Boron and being used in Spacefuel probably helps it's price to stay realistic. Or maybe it's the impressive production amount of Wheat that keeps the price reasonable. I know when I've looked for wheat i could almost always get it for around 20 cr (iirc). I understand more about how they added the resource in though. Maybe looking at it's price is the wrong direction.

@Catra - in the beginning of my game I used LV's cheats to setup 4 Springblossom EST's. After leveling them up appropriately - I listed only resources and put them in Neptune, Saturn, Asteroid Belt and Venus (once I had access to Venus). I labeled them "Terran Economy Prop". I also made their transaction file available so i could see where the most trade was going resource wise. Now, they've done an *okay* job keeping the Terran economy propped up- there are more stations in my game currently in day 8 than there have been in my previous starts. So the initial plan worked out .. okay. However, having looked at the transaction logs - they almost never trade water. They trade Ice a lot and energy cells (which you would expect) but rarely (if ever) water and the same with MRE's (plenty of c-ration tho). It is simply not profitable to trade water. On a side note, in roughly 160minutes of flight time they've made a whopping 13mil credits. So while they've done a huge service to the Terran economy - i certainly havnt profited greatly from them.

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 7. May 10, 06:10

as it is,
i got 50 LTs roaming around (10 covering venus and adjacent sectors, 10 in jupiter 2 and saturn 2(again, covering adjacent sectors), and 20 in neptune, covering from kuiper belt to saturn), theyve been tradeing in all the stuff terrans need after a few hours in (and dont need -_-"), and in some cases selling to the logistic dock (which IMO just isnt right).most are in standby whenever i go to check for screwups. :P

i think the real big problem is the logistic dock's static prices that forces the traders to lookelsewhere due to the AI avoiding average priced goods like the plague(and the fact that LTs dont buy from trade stations).

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Fri, 7. May 10, 06:28

yeah...Cat herding 50 LTs. I would rather fix the entire terran economy with a single 50Mcr complex and one TS. Haveing a total monopoly on the terran food market is a nice bonus.

The mercenary code

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 7. May 10, 06:42

50 LTs are much easier (and quicker) to train up than going through the tutorial plot / OFF(which you need cash for anyway) / goner(again, cash) / HUB(you should know this sillyness by now <_<). also in about a few hrs time i plopped down trade docks and started siphoning the products the logistic docks brought in and sold em out the backdoor for cheap, so i -do- have a monopoly on goods. (and everything is pretty much fixed). :P

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Fri, 7. May 10, 07:53

Eh? I had all those plots tied off just shy of 9 days flying time on the game clock. Treasure hunt plot was done by then as well. The terran food complex I setup in Titan showed up around a game day later. It's possible to get something up there quicker now with modern nividium mineing techniques. Those showed up too late for me to be worth abuseing.

Back to the topic at hand. There is no number of LTs that can fix the terran economy. The only sources of carbo cake and protein paste sell at Avg price and it's only available in small ammounts at a time. Like you said LTs dislike buying at average price. Just can't work around this with a automated trader and MORTs take too much effort. I would rather have those 50 LTs working commonwealth space and makeing more money anyway.

The complex option is a tidy fire'n'forget solution to the whole problem of the terran economy.

Code: Select all

4x Carbo Cake Factory L
10x Protein Paste Blending Facility L
6x USC Food Supply Factory L
1x Solar Power Plant XL
That complex and a baldric (terran complex and all that) will cost 49M tops. The stampede of terran traders that you will soon have at that complex will handle the rest.

The mercenary code

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 7. May 10, 08:15

-sigh-
neither of us are gonna budge on this,
so im givin up since its obviously pointless to continue. <_<

EnderIII
x4

Post by EnderIII » Fri, 7. May 10, 10:12

I found my STs tend to do a lot better in Terran space.

Just launch one or two and then forget about them until they reach that UT level where they stop and say, "Hey! Make me a UT!".

And they raise my terran rank, though admittedly slowly.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”