[TC] News: Shadow Missile Production facility lays-off workers

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cougar81
x3tc

News: Shadow Missile Production facility lays-off workers

Post by Cougar81 » Thu, 6. May 10, 22:07

Today, the Shadow Missile Production facility in Asteroid Belt announced it's plans to idle two of it's plants in order to balance the volatile missile market. Since the complex opened in Game day 05, the market for missiles has quickly dried up. According to USC sources, sales for the popular Skirnir missile frigate have fallen off due to the stringent ATF paperwork needed to purchase one. With low Skirnir sales, the Shadow missile is piling up in storerooms all across the Sol. The ATF responded by ordering 4 new Skirnir Missle frigates to replace 2 that were lost in a recent skirmish in Mars orbit. 200 workers are expected to be affected by this layoff and there is no expectation that the plants will resume productivity in the near future.

----------

Sorry, while pondering what to do with my extra 200 missiles the problem became shockingly too realistic :D

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Fri, 7. May 10, 03:00

Hmmmmm "missile - plant, plant - missile" - BOOOOM

or - "missile - Xenon - Xenon - Missile"

or any other combo... :P
"The more we, as a human race, becomes more advanced, the more we, as a human race, lose our humanity and common sense." - Sean Patrick Feeney

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstine

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Fri, 7. May 10, 03:42

200 Shadows will kill about 100 M1/M2 ships. They're overpowered to the point of being useless in most cases. Of course if you plan on killing lots and lots of stations they'll come in very handy. Each shadow launch puts out 6GJ in damage.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Cougar81
x3tc

Post by Cougar81 » Fri, 7. May 10, 03:52

I agree - i dont think it was supposed to be a swarm. the commonwealth alternative (Hammerhead) isnt a swarm and the flail/hammerhead is a more balanced approach imo.

The ghoul missile has problems of it's own (the flail counterpart) as it cant be used in a complex and has a very slow productivity. It also has a much shorter range (5.62km) making it only really good at doing one thing: defending against an m5 swarm.

edit: I wouldnt say the were overpowered to the point of being useless- to the contrary i find them exceptionally useful - they are so overpowered they are quite cost efficient -- 150k for a no risk cap kill? :)

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Fri, 7. May 10, 04:10

Cougar81 wrote:The ghoul missile has problems of it's own (the flail counterpart) as it cant be used in a complex and has a very slow productivity. It also has a much shorter range (5.62km) making it only really good at doing one thing: defending against an m5 swarm.
Ghoul missile was fixed back in the 2.1 patch and the spectre missile stoped sucking in that patch as well.

Code: Select all

2.6 Ghoul stats:

Yeild: 6,500 (8x=52,000)
Speed: 450m/s
Lifetime: 125 seconds
Max range: 56.25Km
Cooldown: 2.4 seconds
Be nice to have ghoul missile factories, but the shadow really needs to be nerfed down to something close to sane levels at the same time.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Cougar81
x3tc

Post by Cougar81 » Fri, 7. May 10, 04:58

gheez. i've been abiding by an outdated spreadsheet then - not firing one over 6km :D That will certainly open up the arsenal in the skirnir (not that it needed help)

The Ghoul factory is available with the ATF shipyard mod - again, it cant be put into a complex - but at least you can supply your own ships.

I'd be really... (ecstatically) happy if ES in their supreme wisdom really sat down with the Terrans after 2.6 and rebalanced, opened up ATF ships to players and reworked their economy in 2.7 - that would almost be worth paying for - just to have the Terrans on equal footing with their commonwealth counterparts.

EnderIII
x4

Post by EnderIII » Fri, 7. May 10, 05:15

They could have a cool new plot that ties Terran space better into commonwealth, allows jumpdrives to jump to accelerators (or at least beacons in terran space) and gave us access to ATF ships and space.

Cougar81
x3tc

Post by Cougar81 » Fri, 7. May 10, 05:23

that's exactly what i was thinking too. not just gimme gimme, ships uber stuff and all that :)

Wouldnt it be awesome if the Springblossom only did 190 instead of 360? Then we could actually use the ship without feeling like it's a cheat. Or as we've pointed out here, if the shadow missle werent a swarm and was relatively close in comparison to the hammer.

I *like* as a player having an advantage over the AI every now and then. I dont *always* want to go into battle not sure if I will win - or each battle being a 2 hour chess match where my mouse hand ache's after finishing it. Yes, those battles are awesome because you get that feeling of accomplishment - but when they are the norm it's quite frustrating. Sometimes you just want to jump into a Xenon sector and just lay waste to EVERYTHING just because you've had a bad day. Err.. well okay i do that :P But having too much advantage also takes the fun out of it and makes you wish you hadnt got that ship, learned that exploit, etc after game day 10 or 15 or whatever.

But I dunno .. I just like the Terrans and I would prefer to build my complexes in Terran space and buy Terran ships and not exactly... roleplay... (not that there's anything wrong with that.. right Jerry?) but at least kind of play in line with my game start.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Fri, 7. May 10, 21:09

If this were the real world, and a ship crashed into a jumpgate, there would be no restart, anyways. What is a small exploit, in the way of speed, or overpowered missiles, in a Science Fiction game.
:)
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”