Advanced satellite over navigational satellite?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

EDAY55
x3tc

Advanced satellite over navigational satellite?

Post by EDAY55 » Fri, 7. May 10, 03:17

So I have deployed both in two separate sectors and i dont notice a difference at all between the two. Can anyone explain what I may be missing?

ubiquitous
x3tc

Post by ubiquitous » Fri, 7. May 10, 03:20

advanced satellite has a larger view range and it allows you to view objects in the sector map while you're OOS. (I think the default is "K")

EDAY55
x3tc

Post by EDAY55 » Fri, 7. May 10, 03:26

Im not sure what you mean by K i mean i highlight and object in the sector of the advanced satellite but nothing happens. Can anyone tell me how to use that feature.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Fri, 7. May 10, 03:37

You have to be in the same sector as the ASAT for the video feed to work.

Nav sats are very usefull if you just want to keep an eye on prices in a low risk sector or do remote purchaseing from a SY. Since you don't need it's sensor range you can place it 100+Km away from everything. One per terran sector comes in quite handy for example.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 7. May 10, 03:37

ubiquitous wrote:advanced satellite has a larger view range and it allows you to view objects in the sector map while you're OOS. (I think the default is "K")
you have to be insector to use the camera function of the advanced satellite.

EDAY55
x3tc

Post by EDAY55 » Fri, 7. May 10, 04:01

okay so i just tried to fly in sector and clicked on it to see any more options and it has none, Now it says it allows you to use the camera on it but you have to be in sector so my thoughts are how is that any different then being in sector already and targeting something with your ship and hitting f3 and looking at it that way?

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 7. May 10, 04:10

open the sector map and press k

EDAY55
x3tc

Post by EDAY55 » Fri, 7. May 10, 04:44

haha you guys are going to get tired of me real quick im sure lol but i went to the sector with the advanced satellite and opened the sector map and hit the key k and all it did was make the background of the sector map go grey, is there another purpose to that or did it just do something i am unaware of?

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Fri, 7. May 10, 04:50

Zoom in the map on the stuff in sensor range of anything you own in the sector you'll see little ship/station models on the sector map. The video feed feature of ASATs will also work on other sensor platforms (ship/station/navsat that's player owned) in the same sector. The ASAT doesn't even need to be remotely close to anything.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”