Strange Pirate and Yaki

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bob4356
x3tc

Strange Pirate and Yaki

Post by bob4356 » Fri, 7. May 10, 12:43

I capped a couple of pirate ships while doing the last mission of the Goner plot in Gian Star. Did this mission in the Vidar, if that makes any difference. Docked them at the other pirate base for safe-keeping until I could retrieve them.

Now comes the strange part. If I pilot a Split, Boron, or Paranid ship that pirate base is flagged as enemy. Piloting a Terran, Argon, or Teladi and it's blue. IFF settings for all ships have Pirate and Yaki set to 'Friend'. The first time I jumped into the sector in the Deimos, I commed the station and several fighters. None of them turned blue for me (I read up one post where this had been done). Needless to say, the Carrack hended me my a$$ on a silver platter.

The last time I jumped in piloting a Shrike, and jumped in an Osaka for backup. The leftover fleet from the other base is all red, and attacks on sight. After I cleaned up all the attacking Pirate ships, the station remained blue and so did the blue pirate ships that were already in sector. Retrieved both of my ships from the base, and accepted a station build mission from them to repair any rep damage I might have done.

I have also noticed an odd behavior with Yaki ships. Went to comm one for a mission, but before I could hit accept the ship turned blue and jumped out. This has happened two or three times. After the first one, I figured maybe the Yaki were getting friendly to me. Jumped into the sector between Ocracoke's Storm and Paranid space (don't remember the name of it, it's full of asteroids right at the East gate). Yaki were red and attacked me, so I jumped out again.

Running TC 2.5 with the FCC and Debris Salvage/Repair scripts.
Homebrew system. ASUS P5Q, Intel E6700 Quad 2.66, 4GB DDR3 1200, 2x WD 320GB SATA, GeForce 8600 GT 512MB PCIe X16, Enermax 550W PS

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 7. May 10, 13:04

Regarding the Pirate Station response to your ships, the rep/attitude should be to the race 'Player' rather than to the ship originators. That said, the Duke's HQ is sensitive to ship origin/type so it obviously can happen if intended. If all your ships' IFF settings were identical than you may have discovered an unremarked plot facet/bug. By the way, a ship will revert to Pirate = foe if a pirate hits it at all while you are not the pilot

On the Yaki ships with missions (pretty much always destroy convoy types), if you don't have friendly enough rep with Yaki to take their missions then their mission ships will behave as you describe.

bob4356
x3tc

Post by bob4356 » Fri, 7. May 10, 13:54

Ok, that's good to know on the Yaki at least. Thanks for clearing that one up.

As for the IFF settings, all my ships and the global setting have pirate as friend. I have yet to find Dukes Haven, but I've checked some of their transports and the homebase is set with an unknown sector. From reading other posts, you have to be in a Paranid ship to start the missions from them anyway. Strange.
Homebrew system. ASUS P5Q, Intel E6700 Quad 2.66, 4GB DDR3 1200, 2x WD 320GB SATA, GeForce 8600 GT 512MB PCIe X16, Enermax 550W PS

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 7. May 10, 15:39

Were your 'Show as Enemy if Enemy to me' ship settings all the same? Unfortunately that setting is not transmitted by the global command.

bob4356
x3tc

Post by bob4356 » Fri, 7. May 10, 18:52

I believe so, but I'd have to double check that to be sure.

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Fri, 7. May 10, 19:49

The IFF is likely set differently on your ships. Pirates are probably set to enemy on some.

Ether that, or I'd bet you have a user made script messing things up.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”