X3TC 2.6 - Terracorp HQ destroyed by Paranid...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Elkestra
x4

X3TC 2.6 - Terracorp HQ destroyed by Paranid...

Post by Elkestra » Sun, 9. May 10, 23:33

Hi,

So with the news of 2.6 hitting Steam and the recent newsletters, I've finally got round to installing and playing X3TC again (and installing X3R and X2 too). The last couple of days, I've been re-familiarising myself with the controls, prices, Argon local sectors etc.

So this morning, I start a new Anonymous Argon plotline in X3TC (thinking of turning it into a bit of a story). Slow going at the start, with barely any cargo space, no weapons, and only 2500 Credits. I spend my time returning abandoned ships to their owners, mini-traderuns, and looking out for the rare cheap ship for sale. [by the way, I was so tempted at times to just sell the ship i was returning and get a decent bit of starting capital... i didn't, but how badly does it damage rep etc?].

After a while of travelling back and forth through Home of Light, I notice bangs and explosions, and find a large Paranid Military fleet (and some Boron Military) in-sector, pulverising the Marine Training Base. I was never attacked, and occasionally I scooped some missiles to help finances, so wasn't too bothered....

A little later, they were destroying the Crystal Fab there....

And finally, now there is only the floating wreckage in the shape of Terracorp HQ (and a couple of factories) left.

Now, Terracorp HQ had the jumpdrive I was saving up for, amongst other things. Am I up the creek without a paddle? I thought Terracorp HQ was invulnerable?

Am I going to have to start again? Or will the HQ respawn eventually?

PS. Oddly enough, after attacking the Marine Training Base at the start, they seem to have got bored with it... it currently still survives with 55% hull.

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Sun, 9. May 10, 23:36

The Terracorp HQ will respawn later, and the jumpdrive is avaiable at different places, corp and goner after their plot.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

ADStryker
x3tc

Re: X3TC 2.6 - Terracorp HQ destroyed by Paranid...

Post by ADStryker » Mon, 10. May 10, 03:53

ARatcliffe wrote:... I notice bangs and explosions, and find a large Paranid Military fleet (and some Boron Military) in-sector, pulverising the Marine Training Base...
Ahhh ... perhaps that explains why the Marine Training Barracks is missing from my game. I made note of it early on, but then spent a lot of time elsewhere and noticed it missing when I returned.
PSCO1 Cockpits | lowpolyroids-2.04 | Satellite Early Warning Network | Station Camper | Universal Best Buys/Sells | Invasion Warnings | ResizedAldrinBigRock | Equipment R&D | Lowpoly Complex Tubes | Mobile Ship Repairs | Player Workshop | Marauder Shipyard

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”