FBL Ideas

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Reimu Hakurei
x3tc

FBL Ideas

Post by Reimu Hakurei » Mon, 10. May 10, 20:58

It is widely said that the FBL is useless, so...

If Ego ever fix it, I'd personally like them to turn it into a shotgun-like weapon (without exploding shots, they kill my ears) in which the shot will travel a certain 'safe distance' from the shooter before exploding into multiple submunitions that continue on in the same general direction, great at relatively close ranges and against large targets. I originally thought the Mass Driver was going to be like this, but alas not, so I've wanted a shotgun for a long time. I've no qualms about modding this myself, but I'm lazy to say the least.

What about you, any comments on my own idea or what use would you like to see a working version of this weapon given? :)

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Mon, 10. May 10, 21:12

I doubt ego will change that.

But if you are desperate for it, with doubleshadow's X3 Editor 2 you can modify that yourself in TBullets.pck file, TLasers.pck also modifies gun properties.

The editor makes such modifications really easy, I invite you to try if you are daring.

http://x-tools.doubleshadow.wz.cz/

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 10. May 10, 21:19

its near useless in its descrption role (fighter mounted light flak), but when used against things like an m6, it really really hurts. :P

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”